Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

David King: The November Bully

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prototype wrote:

I suppose it depends on the pass mark set by those in charge, I'd think between top eight and ninth is where they'd probably want to be in the finals is always the goal but as long as they're close to the finals I'd think things would be okay.

With the draw this season, and the lack of senior players we almost made the finals this year I think it would be achievable next season.

I think most Collingwood supporters know what will be acceptable depending on the variables every season can throw up.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:02 am
Post subject: Re: David King: The November BullyReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Gee it's November and we are already getting pros and cons analysis plus pressure lumped on Buckley. Kingy can you give it a rest till March??

Unless we Win.

The Media will try there best to get Bucks Sacked

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:03 am

derkd wrote:
I agree with the above - not a great article, but i do have to take a swipe at the Collingwood board on this one, they set us up to be attacked in the media. To come out and say "we will win a premership in three years" invites criticism.

2015 is a big year. On the one hand, another bad run with injuries is beyound anyone's blame. But if we do have another poor year (by that i mean probably 9th/10th or below). I think time will be up for Buckley. Yes not his fault on injuries, but the free agents have been sub-standard. And couchs always say teams live and die not by the injuries but by the depth of squad.

And hey no one ever said coaching was a fair game. I do hope we have a solid year. And *touch wood* no more long term injuries. If Buckley can get us into 8th i would be happy for him to stay on another one to two years. But i think we really do have to see some improvment this year.

What do you want pert to say .

We are Building but we are 5+ Seasons away from being a Challanger.

That will not get Members

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:13 am

Dave The Man wrote:
derkd wrote:
I agree with the above - not a great article, but i do have to take a swipe at the Collingwood board on this one, they set us up to be attacked in the media. To come out and say "we will win a premership in three years" invites criticism.

2015 is a big year. On the one hand, another bad run with injuries is beyound anyone's blame. But if we do have another poor year (by that i mean probably 9th/10th or below). I think time will be up for Buckley. Yes not his fault on injuries, but the free agents have been sub-standard. And couchs always say teams live and die not by the injuries but by the depth of squad.

And hey no one ever said coaching was a fair game. I do hope we have a solid year. And *touch wood* no more long term injuries. If Buckley can get us into 8th i would be happy for him to stay on another one to two years. But i think we really do have to see some improvment this year.

spot on dave. they need to sell hope.

what i do want to see or hear is some semblance of a strategic plan for how, over the next 3-5 years, the club will win premierships, grow the club and ensure sustained success.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 am

What about after its done?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:16 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
derkd wrote:

spot on dave. they need to sell hope.

what i do want to see or hear is some semblance of a strategic plan for how, over the next 3-5 years, the club will win premierships, grow the club and ensure sustained success.

the strategic plan has been outlined

1. Change the culture
(code for trade or prematurely retire anyone who may have the occasional difference of opinion with the coach)

2. Target other clubs waste
(the list is getting too long to remember ALL of them - and lists aren't finalised yet)
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:26 pm

Hal why don't you have a birthday ??
Surely someone, some day first inserted a battery in you?
malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:26 pm

It's called a herald sun and foxtel advertisement, sells newspapers without any fact or relevant opinions. Another Murdoch bias, look at the front page this morning what a pile of junk. I just laughed when I then saw the back page, OMG talk about how do we sell more papers when the paper is dying in its arse.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:27 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Hal why don't you have a birthday ??
Surely someone, some day first inserted a battery in you?
Excuse me, CarringbushCigar.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:29 pm

I mean whats your star sign?
I'd like to do a compatibility analysis for you.

See if we can hook u up on soulmetalmates.com
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:26 pm

swoop42 wrote:
If we are relying on Blair to turn our midfield fortunes around then we are well and truly stuffed.

He wouldn't be close to being in my best 22 let alone an integral part.

How many games he plays next season will tell me a lot about Buckley the coach.

If he continues to be a lock in the 22 with performances that don't warrant it IMO it doesn't augur well when trying to remain positive about the mindset of our coach and what he values.

Blair is to Buckley what Wild was to Shaw is seemingly apt after this season and we all know how well that ended for Shaw.

There is plenty of merit in the article but to mention Blair (and Sidey) as one to relaunch our midfield showed a lack of insight. Blair should struggle for a game next year. It's more like Adams Marley and even Seedsman who will be putting their hand up for a midfield spot.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Wasn't he the first to tip up for the flag in '10? Didn't hear many complaints then.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

if bucks goes crap wr get bomber thompson we got geelongs doctor they football director why not get the coach who made them successfull
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:56 pm

David King?

Is that the same guy who wrote this article on May 1 this year? In which the following quote appeared?

"I’m tipping Buckley to become a premiership coach in the next two to three seasons."

http://origin.m.heraldsunls.com.au/sport/afl/coach-nathan-buckley-instils-a-teamfirst-attitude-into-youthful-collingwood-now-playing-sidebyside-football/story-fni5ezm8-1226902692747

Bandwagon much?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Considering we were basically crippled with long term injuries, including 3 knee recos, and have a very young list with two top ten draft picks yet to even play, id say his opinion is irrelevant, stuff the bastard, nothing to see here. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: