Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More terrorism in France from the religion of peace.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spoken, Laird

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:12 pm

David wrote:
It's a terrible attack on freedom of speech and political/artistic expression. Despite the reservations expressed in the article WPT quoted, I can't help but hope that satirical publications around the world double down on their satirical depictions of Mohammed and Islam. If this is to be a war between free satire and terrorism, then it's urgent that we throw our support behind the former and don't raise the white flag. There's safety in numbers.

Having said that, I'm disappointed by the fact that no-one has criticised the insidious title of this thread, which implies that this crime can be attributed to Islam per se and not extreme Jihadism. This ignores the fact that the victims of the vast majority of these appalling crimes (such as the attack on the school in Pakistan) are Muslims. Ordinary Muslims are not the enemy; they are on our side in the fight against these extremists, just as these extremists are willing to kill, maim and terrorise anyone who doesn't subscribe to their very narrow ideology (Christian, Muslim and Atheist alike). Failing to understand that will only lead to more tension, more violence and more victims on all sides.

You can and I'm sure if I'd started this thread you would have edited the title!

As for the poor sad Muslims who are not part of this kind of thing yadda yadda yadda they need to open their mouths in a loud combined voice and out these bastards and and show some horror at the terror done in their names.

Quote:
The World is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing - Albert Einstein
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 pm

David wrote:
It's a terrible attack on freedom of speech ....

............ Ordinary Muslims are not the enemy; they are on our side in the fight against these extremists, just as these extremists are willing to kill, maim and terrorise anyone who doesn't subscribe to their very narrow ideology (Christian, Muslim and Atheist alike). Failing to understand that will only lead to more tension, more violence and more victims on all sides.

I quite agree. However, I reject the nonsense coming quickly from people like Waleed Aly (who I usually like) with respect to the Sydney terrorist. Liberal Muslims were very quick to say the guy is a madman not a muslim. No he was a Muslim (Shia then turned Sunni). He used the basic teaching of Islam to show how he believed his version of Islam should be observed etc. Crazy ideas, sure, nutter sure, likely sociopath sure, a shocker for sure, sexual abuser sure. Representative of most Muslims - no way. But there is no escaping the fact that he was a Muslim who used forms of political islam (he identified with ISIS) to manifest his hate & disturbed views.

I don't need to bang on about most Muslims as I've done this repeatedly. That is, most Muslims don't want these violent criminals acting in their name. & I agree Muslims kill many more muslims most of the time.

Islam is just as chauvinist as any other monotheistic religion - just as Stui noted: too many of their nutters (a minority) have access to guns with no sense of humour. Mind you when your religion is so populous a small percentage can make quite a few nutters unfortunately.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:26 pm

When terrorism was being done in Ireland and England we called them Catholic Terrorists or Irish Terrorists, because the IRA was Catholic and Irish. It was obvious and went without saying that the vast majority of Catholics and the vast majority of Irish were not engaged in terrorism but we still called it as it was.

Stop dancing around the fact that terrorism in all but a statistically insignificant number of instances is now performed by Muslims, under the name of Islam and with the tacit approval of the Islamic communities in the effected countries. The Quran and the teachings of Mohammed are intrinsically violent and expansionist and repeating the lie that Islam is something else doesn't make it true.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:01 pm

1061 wrote:
David wrote:
It's a terrible attack on freedom of speech and political/artistic expression. Despite the reservations expressed in the article WPT quoted, I can't help but hope that satirical publications around the world double down on their satirical depictions of Mohammed and Islam. If this is to be a war between free satire and terrorism, then it's urgent that we throw our support behind the former and don't raise the white flag. There's safety in numbers.

Having said that, I'm disappointed by the fact that no-one has criticised the insidious title of this thread, which implies that this crime can be attributed to Islam per se and not extreme Jihadism. This ignores the fact that the victims of the vast majority of these appalling crimes (such as the attack on the school in Pakistan) are Muslims. Ordinary Muslims are not the enemy; they are on our side in the fight against these extremists, just as these extremists are willing to kill, maim and terrorise anyone who doesn't subscribe to their very narrow ideology (Christian, Muslim and Atheist alike). Failing to understand that will only lead to more tension, more violence and more victims on all sides.

You can and I'm sure if I'd started this thread you would have edited the title!

As for the poor sad Muslims who are not part of this kind of thing yadda yadda yadda they need to open their mouths in a loud combined voice and out these bastards and and show some horror at the terror done in their names.

Quote:
The World is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing - Albert Einstein

I agree with all that! And I love that quote, so true.

(Scary hey!)

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:08 pm

No point opening their mouths if no-one's listening:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/01/not-in-our-name-muslims-respond-in-revulsion-to-charlie-hebdo-shooting/

Wokko wrote:
When terrorism was being done in Ireland and England we called them Catholic Terrorists or Irish Terrorists, because the IRA was Catholic and Irish. It was obvious and went without saying that the vast majority of Catholics and the vast majority of Irish were not engaged in terrorism but we still called it as it was.

Stop dancing around the fact that terrorism in all but a statistically insignificant number of instances is now performed by Muslims, under the name of Islam and with the tacit approval of the Islamic communities in the effected countries. The Quran and the teachings of Mohammed are intrinsically violent and expansionist and repeating the lie that Islam is something else doesn't make it true.

This is where I suspect you're completely wrong. In any case, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Actually I don't think he is wrong.

I'm betting they secretly have the ok from a lot of Muslims who are not OUT THERE . Kinda like Ireland!

My sisters are both extremely atheist, probably due to my atheist mother hating my catholic father. I'm on the fence and I keep quiet. I know what I believe and I have my own private 'YES!" Moments!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:19 pm

I heartily endorse the sentiments expressed in this cartoon.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:37 pm

David wrote:
No point opening their mouths if no-one's listening:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/01/not-in-our-name-muslims-respond-in-revulsion-to-charlie-hebdo-shooting/

Wokko wrote:

This is where I suspect you're completely wrong. In any case, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Then these people need to find a way to get "us" to listen to them, the first would be to entertain the culture of their new homelands rather than the other way around as is forced now.

Imagine the power a PR campaign with one woman in front of a camera wearing her head covering and as she says "Not In My Name" she removes the head covering! ! ! It may even start off a social media trend ala the Ice Bucket challenge.

But no the Culture the very terrorists are killing people for is more important isn't it?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:38 pm

1061 wrote:
David wrote:

Quote:

Muslims don't need to do anything. Many Muslims already have condemned the attacks. Good people need to speak out including muslims & non muslims.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:46 pm

watt price tully wrote:
1061 wrote:
David wrote:

Quote:

Muslims don't need to do anything. Many Muslims already have condemned the attacks. Good people need to speak out including muslims & non muslims.

Absolutely, but also people need to stop dancing around the fact that the terrorists are doing their acts in the name of Islam. So many people wanting to redefine the argument by calling them extremists etc but deliberately leaving out reference to Islam.

To those people, get over yourselves FFS, these clowns are islamic and doing these deeds in the name of Islam.

It's a Duck. The fact that it's a bad duck doesn't mean that all ducks are bad, but also doesn't mean it isn't a duck.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Take a deep breath, and slowly exhale while thinking about the position of your body.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:58 pm

Should never be compared to the IRA ' cause'.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:00 pm

One religion says forgive, turn the other cheek, dont render evil for evil, love your neighbour as yourself, and it gets kicked from pillar to post. Islam says, it is a good thing to kill an unbeliever, make converts through terror, and everyone falls over themselves to get it off the hook.....go figure.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:03 pm

You got that right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15   

Jump to: