Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Top five

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I saw Bowie at kooyong in the 80's. Glass Spider tour.

Between the pint of Southern Comfort I tool in inside my boot and the joints being passed back and forward in front of me, I quite enjoyed it.

oh my, are we bragging?

Razz

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Top five Collingwood matches I've seen live:

1). 2010 Grand Final Replay v St.Kilda - An amazing day of football and a dream come true for so many supporters of the club after 20 years of waiting for our 15th flag. We played brilliantly that day and were the best team in the land by a mile!

2). 2010 Preliminary Final v Geelong - The first half of that match was simply exhilarating. We played some of the finest football anyone can ever witness in their lifetime. You just knew that 2010 was our year when this match happened despite the setback the following week.

3). 2011 Preliminary Final v Hawthorn - A match where we played very poorly for most of the night but the spirit and tenacity of the team in the final quarter was unbelievable. It felt like a Grand Final on its own even though we lost the following week.

4). Round 9 2008 v Geelong - One of my favourite matches for simply the reason that Geelong were an unbeatable juggernaut at this stage while we were an inconsistent side with lots of potential but couldn't string consistent performances every week. Not only did we defeat Geelong, we destroyed them!

5). Round 9 2005 v West Coast - A classic Saturday afternoon affair between 16th v 1st and somehow we pull off one of the big upsets of the season!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Pretty good jezza!

1. 1990 grand final.
After watching 3 loses live, to be at the win, was just amazing, best day of my life bar none.

2. 2010 prelim, smashing geeeelong that night was SIMPLY THE BEST! I still watch the first quarter now!

3. 2010 grand final replay, although I was in Disneyland, it was still an awesome experience to watch.

4. 2009 "right in front of me" that last mark was taken right in front of us! It was an amazing see saw match, and the end, and leaving the ground was just sooooo much fun!

5. 2002 or 3 prelim, when we smashed port! Will never forget the choke choke choke chants!

(I still wish we had lost to the Hawks in2011, we deserved to,and the next week I just want to erase from my memory!)

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:15 pm

Some great matches there TP. The 1990 Grand Final would probably be a favourite for many who endured the suffering of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

The 2009 Semi Final against the Crows was very memorable! We were lucky we got over the line in the end. I think the third quarter was my favourite part of the match and I still remember Leigh Brown's late goal from 50m which was unexpected at the time.

In regards to the fifth match you're thinking of the 2003 Preliminary Final against Port. That was an absolute trouncing but I thought the 2002 Preliminary Final against Adelaide was more exciting due to the fact that many couldn't believe we were playing off in a Grand Final only two or three years after we were a bottom team going nowhere.

Hindsight might say losing to Hawthorn in 2011 may have been better but that would have been one of the most devastating defeats in the club's long history and it could have easily resembled what the club experienced in 1973 for example.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:50 pm

My top 5 stupid plumbing inventions...

1 : The bidet - these things were huge in the 80's just wrong!

2 : Solar Hot water system - work great in summer, when you don't need hot water. In winter they're powered by a mega electric element to heat up 300 litre tank on your roof😕

3 : Water saving shower heads - especially on mine sites where blokes get filthy, the dribble just doesn't cut it!

4 : Waterless urinals - these things stink and when the time comes that they block and they all do, they are repulsive.😠

5 : Plastic soakwells - collapsed paving, weak as piss 👅

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:43 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Between the pint of Southern Comfort I tool in inside my boot and the joints being passed back and forward in front of me, I quite enjoyed it.

oh my, are we bragging?

Razz

Well............. Cool

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

oh my, are we bragging?

Razz

Well............. Cool

Hehe, you do have big boots, do they fit a bottle of scotch!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Flat 375 ml bottle down the side of the boot is enough for a couple of hours. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Flat 375 ml bottle down the side of the boot is enough for a couple of hours. Wink

Left boots mine!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:04 pm

^

Sold to the lady with the alcoholic tendencies. Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:48 pm

I'm a lady?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:50 pm

Skids wrote:
My top 5 stupid plumbing inventions...

1 : The bidet - these things were huge in the 80's just wrong!

Highlight of my trip to Japan & what an assortment of bidet's they had there: : Had temperature controlled, flow controlled, seat warming & drying bidets. Man, if you like a good crap then there's nothing better.

In fact I'm thinking of getting one - bathroom reno's need to be done at my place as it is circa late 1940's with yellow Johnson tiles still on the walls!!

Let Mike Sandman show you!! (not as good as the Japanese ones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHfJCbyuQzw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: