Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ex Magpie Daisy Thomas out for 12-16 weeks.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja Vu wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Seriously, a MINORITY of posters on this thread just need to build a bridge.

Dont hate the ( premiership ) player, hate the game.

And if that doesnt mean anything to you, then ask yourself if you were offered an extra quarter million a year for the next five years, would you take it or not ??
I wish our 2010 premiership player well ... until he plays the Pies of course.

You know where this argument falls over? At the end of 2011 coming off an AA year when we offered him a 4 year deal at top dollar. He could have had his big contract then but he took the 2 year deal to take him to Free Agency.

No sympathy for the mercenary. The guy was used for all of our junior marketing and he had the highest selling jumper for how many years? Spat in our eye and joined Mick at the scum.

Hope he misses the year, Mick gets the sack and they can both hook up next year at Williamstown in the VFL

Hey, what did Wiily do to deserve that??

As a life long Williamstown supporter, I hope you are very wrong. Port Melbourne can have them both.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:38 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Dale Thomas is a Collingwood premiership player and always will be;

BUT;

HE CHOSE TO PLAY FOR CARLTON.

So until his career ends at that shit hole, cheating, bastardy place I simply couldn't care less what happens to him, good or bad.

He's a Carlton player until he retires now, so he is scum now.

When his career is over he's welcome back with open arms though.

Not caring in my book is fine. I get pissed off with those that laugh at people being injured or think that's a good thing to happen.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:39 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Whether he's out 1-2 weeks or 12-16 weeks doesn't matter. I never want to see any player hurt. This is there lively hood and also can dictate there future.
We've got guys on our list who are dealing with injuries of various degrees and I would be appalled if opposition supporters wished them career ending or possible season ending injuries then joked of it.
Let's not be that kind of supporter base.
Acknowledge premiership players even if they have left the club. You don't have to barrack for them or anything and sure jeer them when we play them but remember the contribution they made to your PERSONAL ENJOYMENT when they played there part (be it large or small) in a MAGPIE PREMIERSHIP
Hope it's only a couple weeks daisy all the best for a quick recovery.

Ah, some sanity. Well said sir.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:49 pm

i hate carlton wrote:
Kamdyn McIntosh - Collingwood hero.

He should get Copeland Trophy votes!

Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Seriously, a MINORITY of posters on this thread just need to build a bridge.

Dont hate the ( premiership ) player, hate the game.

And if that doesnt mean anything to you, then ask yourself if you were offered an extra quarter million a year for the next five years, would you take it or not ??
I wish our 2010 premiership player well ... until he plays the Pies of course.

You know where this argument falls over? At the end of 2011 coming off an AA year when we offered him a 4 year deal at top dollar. He could have had his big contract then but he took the 2 year deal to take him to Free Agency.

No sympathy for the mercenary. The guy was used for all of our junior marketing and he had the highest selling jumper for how many years? Spat in our eye and joined Mick at the scum.

Hope he misses the year, Mick gets the sack and they can both hook up next year at Williamstown in the VFL

Bingo. We gave him every opportunity, made him a marketing lynchpin for years, something that opened up all kinds of opportunities for him, and then carried his injured arse for two years when he couldn't get on the park. The first chance he got he screwed us over.

It truly was adding insult to injury to choose to go to Carlton. He knew what that would mean to the supporters and didn't care one little bit. He's no Luke Ball, if he'd had the chance to rub our noses in it he would've taken it with glee.

I'm grateful that that opportunity is slipping away from him.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:21 pm

I just feel sorry for Darcy Moore. Its going to get really ugly for the kid when a few of these posters work out that his father and brownlow medalist left the Pies to go to Melbourne for big money.
Dont tell them he won another brownlow at Melbourne too.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:43 pm

But if Darcy turns out to be the gun we all hope he is then his old mans slate will be officially wiped clean as regards to walking out on us to go to Melbourne.

Time heals all wounds (or is that the other way around in Daisy's case?) and most of us have forgiven Peter Moore a long time ago and remember him for the star he was. Likewise Thomas will be remembered as a good player who starred for us in the 2010 and 2011 GF's rather than a massive recruiting blunder for Carlton which he looks (hopefully) like being.

There is also a case for Thomas's career being collateral damage of the MM/Buckley succession plan along with a few other guys but that is a discussion for another time.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I just feel sorry for Darcy Moore. Its going to get really ugly for the kid when a few of these posters work out that his father and brownlow medalist left the Pies to go to Melbourne for big money.
Dont tell them he won another brownlow at Melbourne too.

Peter Moore said some years ago, going to the shite Deees was the biggest mistake he ever made in footy, he could not wait to walk back to the Magpies again, said he now felt "back home now". Of course he had retired, but he was rapt to be back at Collingwood functions etc. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Yes, and Peter McKenna said the same thing. Cant imagine Dollar Dale saying it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Daisy injured and the scum beaten.......lmao......what a great start to the season.

This, after Malthouse said (after they'd beaten us in a practice game) that he couldn't see how the blues would lose a single game this season...lmao again!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:09 pm

im still waiting for the ol fella to, after yet another chronic loss, explode at his Presser, and hook some pesky journo, like Robbo, or that mark stevens, the guy who really riles him. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Daisy injured and the scum beaten.......lmao......what a great start to the season.

Comments about that team losing is one thing but to openly laugh at one of our ex players (and a Premiership team member) getting injured ?? Sad

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donnam 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:29 pm
Post subject: Malthouse to blameReply with quote

When dale Thomas went to Carlton his IQ had not improved significantly since being recruited to Collingwood as an 18 year old. His father figure, Mick "it's all about me" Malthouse, convinced Dollars Thomas to go to Carlton. Yes, dale would be paid lots more money, and has done well to be paid approximately 1.4 mill for 2014 / 2015. If he have stayed collingwood we'd all been wailing at his latest injury, his loss would be ours.... Where is his football family now? The four or five hundred Carlton members are furious they have wasted their money on someone Collingwood was not prepared to "pay the price" for.. Silly Dale. Manipulator Malthouse. Hang your head MM, your boy is now in no mans land. Wealthy but very much unloved and unnecessary.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:39 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Dale Thomas is a Collingwood premiership player and always will be;

BUT;

HE CHOSE TO PLAY FOR CARLTON.

So until his career ends at that shit hole, cheating, bastardy place I simply couldn't care less what happens to him, good or bad.

He's a Carlton player until he retires now, so he is scum now.

When his career is over he's welcome back with open arms though.

This pretty much aligns with my own thoughts when it comes to Dale Thomas.

I don't wish to see any player sustaining a serious injury like Dale did on Thursday night but I'm not going to be sad about it either. Frankly I don't care about Dale anymore and I hope his career at Carlton remains as miserable and poor as it has been since he started playing for them in 2014.

I'll always acknowledge his contributions from 2006-2013 and for being a star in 2010 when we won the Premiership but moving to our arch-rival in Carlton was always going to receive massive backlash from our supporters and rightly so! It's unforgivable in my book but maybe as time goes on and he eventually retires, old wounds will heal so to speak.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:43 am

What's this going to do to his Brownlow chances now? I bet you 35forever is devastated. No Brownlow this year I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: