Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
courtza 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say they didnt have a crack, they were manic defensively all night, we kept them under 100 points.

Were pretty good when we havent got the ball its when we have it is the problem.

We were considerably outclassed but that was a real gutsy effort which Im happy with at this stage of our development
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:35 pm

27? Better than expected, a tick.

Depends on how much store you put in junk time goals as to whether this was a disappointing game or not. A bit on the fence my self, but we did at least see it out. It was nice to be on the right end of one of these respect-making late game bursts.

Oxley really showed what he's capable of today, a very good performance. Blair again did what is required of him. A promising performance from Broomhead and White again did a good job with 17 touches and 2 goals.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:
Gutsy come back against a good team, kept on trying no passengers, happy to see Cloke really arc up at the dodgy call, could have been a lot worse

And yeah, BLAIR

I
Told
U
So!

Yep he's fading but is still in our best 22 and he never never never quits

Yes, Blair always gives his absolute best. He does a great job as a KPF - he works so very hard to get to contests that people better equipped than him should make but don't. I think you know my longer term view about his spot in the team but noone is going to take it from him while he performs like that.

Watch the game
Forward he was ok
In the midfield he was hopeless.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:38 pm

that first quarter...

never again.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
leonmagic Pisces

Anyone who thinks we weren't "flogged" needs to get their head out of the sand. We were annihilated in every way. 26pt margin is hilarious.

Understand its a developing team, but we were smashed. It feels like an 80pt thumping.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Defender wrote:
Cloke is our biggest concern, I'd drop him TBH, he's stunk it up for long enough, and I don't buy into the "who's going to replace him" crap, for the amount of opportunities we give him our return is pathetic, and he's $£$%^%%$ dumb, as dumb as they come, every part of his game is so predictable.
\

I think its time we rolled the dice with young Darcy Moore, up forward, I recall Len Thompson played his first game, a final, at only 17, reckon its time we gave this kid a run, and give clokey a run on the wing, further up the ground. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:39 pm

The scoreline flattered us.

We were totally out played when it mattered.

We just got well beaten by a side who didn't play finals last year and now look like they have the ability to play and win a final.

All this from a first year coach who like Beveridge seems to have already shown in two games they were a wise choice and have there side playing above expectations.

This is what sets good coaches apart from average ones.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:41 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Oxley really showed what he's capable of today, a very good performance. Blair again did what is required of him. A promising performance from Broomhead and White again did a good job with 17 touches and 2 goals.

Thank-you An Inkling, with Oxley in his 4th senior game and Broomy in his 9th, there are positives. Patience is a virtue, even at Collingwood.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:42 pm

The last quarter was just papering over the cracks,i feel,but at least the boys fought it out till the end and didn't give up.Obviously we're lacking class in the midfield and the forward line,but i did see one interesting statistic on the A.F.L website.Sloane 9 clearances,Dangerfield 8 clearances,Swan and Pendlebury only 3 clearances each.That wouldn't have helped our chances with our midfield weakened so badly already.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:45 pm

leonmagic wrote:
Anyone who thinks we weren't "flogged" needs to get their head out of the sand. We were annihilated in every way. 26pt margin is hilarious.

Understand its a developing team, but we were smashed. It feels like an 80pt thumping.

I guess you would have loved us to be thumped by 80 plus, like Norf got smashed by them by 77, and Norf made the finals last year. Jeezus, talk bout glass half empty, the crows would be spewing they didn't win by more, we did fight it out, at the end, and yes, we are a very young developing team, against a much older hard nut side, with much more experience. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Some perspective please.
10 players who have played less than 50 games each.
You just dont beat experienced big bodies with young men who have spent little or no time in the big league.
Get used to it, it wont be the last time in 2015.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:50 pm

swoop42 wrote:

We just got well beaten by a side who didn't play finals last year and now look like they have the ability to play and win a final.

All this from a first year coach who like Beveridge seems to have already shown in two games they were a wise choice and have there side playing above expectations.

He does have a more ready made list at this stage. Buckley did ok in his first year with a ready made list. Adelaide didn't play finals last year but made a Prelim the year before, they are a good side with Walker back.

We're not a very good team at the moment and will struggle to compete with teams that are expected to play finals. The hope is that we can improve as the season goes on with some young players starting to contribute. I don't think we're much chance of playing finals though and that hasn't changed from the pre-season.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Defender wrote:
Cloke is our biggest concern, I'd drop him TBH, he's stunk it up for long enough, and I don't buy into the "who's going to replace him" crap, for the amount of opportunities we give him our return is pathetic, and he's $£$%^%%$ dumb, as dumb as they come, every part of his game is so predictable.
\

I think its time we rolled the dice with young Darcy Moore, up forward, I recall Len Thompson played his first game, a final, at only 17, reckon its time we gave this kid a run, and give clokey a run on the wing, further up the ground. Idea

I think it's time to call a spade a spade, send him to the VFL and play him at CHB for 6 weeks, his days as a forward are over IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:

hey swoop, I think that's awesome Arnold:2

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:59 pm

Oh please Bucks, pretty please Bucks with sugar and cherries on top. Next week can we stop the uncontested crap and go back to some old fashioned man on man stuff just to see how we go. Each Crows player could have build a unit at Etihad today with the amount of space they had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: