Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

last day at Vic park 1999

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was there with the OH too, dumb ass teenagers that we were...

My kids love Vic Park, used to take my daughter to the Family Days there until they stopped.

My 6˝yo son in particular loves having a kick on the ground, my OH takes him to the VFL matches.

Great memories that joint!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Leave it, It's Billy E's 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:01 pm

I was there and i used to go to most Vic Park games from 81 when i moved to Melb as a 12 yr old with my family.
It was a great ground to watch games at. I was in the cheer squad for 3 years and had a seat 2nd row behind the goals. when i was old enough i went to the outer to drink with mates. We used to stand near the scoreboard in the flank/pocket on the hill. The day cans got tossed at Scumpires was (i am ashamed to say) me who threw the first one in shear frustration/anger as the scupms had been killing us that day and did it again right in front of us...
I was sick with the flu in the lead up to the last game but vowed to go. My Mate rode his Motorbike from Monty to my house at the time in Clifton hill and dinked me to the ground. I had one or 2 beers, lots of great conversations but it was a sad day tarnished by the drug cheats from up north...ah the Memories of 80's footy at tat great old ground. I still always look at it from the train EVERY time i go past on the Hurstbridge line and as fate would have it i am going to get off tonight at Vic Park and meet friends at the Yarra hotel on Johnston st, Just a Daicos torp away from the ground...
Go Pies!! Embarassed Embarassed

jg22 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Sat with my family in the famous old RT Rush stand. Dad was born in Fitzroy in 1919 and got to see the golden years in the '20s and raised all of us as Pies fans. I remember taking the train from Flinders Street and listening to some old timers reminiscing about Vic Park. Sadly they had decided this would be the last game they'd attend. Didn't want to go the MCG. Just thought it was sad some long time supporters were being lost the game. Remember Tony Shaws address being broadcast live. Wasn't bad. Loved the reenactments. And the lining up of players on the ground after the game. Fond memories of that place. Nice to go back and watch the ressies play there.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:38 pm

thompsoc wrote:
The peanut man was an institution.
Went around all the suburban grounds.

Classic snap thompsoc!!

Havnt gazed upon that man in many a year.

Ty for posting it.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:31 pm

I was at the Falls end with Fred Negro, Chane Chane and the 12 or so ir/regulars.
It was a day we spent more time talking about the things we'd done (and drunk) at VP than the game, (that wasn't much fun but we gave it a go anywae).
The old guy selling peanuts from a hessian bag was there stihl tossing the brown paper bags to those that needed an excuse to wash some beer down their throats.
I don't remember how I felt when the siren went, sad, deflated, glad the thrashing was over...
What I do remember the great times I'd had there since I first went in 67.
Arch@M32 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:16 pm

I was arrested for being drunk at the after party.
Got to the lock p in the city and the cop asked me how old i was and i told him i was 17(birthday was the day before), he looked concerned, fetched another cop and he said, 'well for the purpose of the exercise you're 18, OK?' Not wanting my mum called I agreed and then started a sing along in the cell I was in until they let me go hours later.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:07 am

I nicked one of the seat covers they had printed up with collingwood logos for the wooden seats. A black and white vinyl cushion. Still have it. The last arse to sit on it was at Vic Parks last day!

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: