Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies offer young gun a big contract

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
We should go after Shiel. Is quick plus can play inside and out plus seems more homesick than Treloar!

Do you watch football ??
Treloar is a gun inside and better finisher than Beams at the same age.

Haha i posted this before i read page 2. Good to see the same thinking about Beams.
As soon as we lost Beams, minutes later I said Treloar had to be the one.
And we should have pushed hard on that day to make it happen.

Shiel is great and super super quick but Treloar is Pendlebury. Just pure class. And probably a better football brain.

750k for 5 years, i think thats good value. We could go higher, but hopefully its the right price, it won't kill the club. Its probably what Selwood is on !

First pick plus Goldsack i would imagine.

Cigar, fully agree with your thoughts on Treloar until you get to the trade.

First pick at around 7 to 9 plus Goldsack should be enough for his left leg but the right leg would come at a cost too. ( compare that to Beams deal )
10 more years of class, speed and silk don't come cheap.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm now thinking if we want Treloar then snoop dog is probably right and it'll take Witts plus our first rounder to snare him at a minimum.

Witts is probably the only player on our list that has both enough currency as trade bait and a player we could cope in losing and still have a shot at a flag ourselves thanks to the presence of Grundy.

We of course would then need to find a suitable ruck back from either the state leagues or a player currently on an AFL list limited in his opportunities who may move for more money but not necessarily more opportunity.

Of course with how the game is progressing we might prefer a highly mobile type of option as our 2nd ruck anyway as a point of difference to Grundy so trading Witts could also make sense from that point of view.

Who knows the club may not be even considering this option and depending on what occurs for the remainder of the season may end up in a position where it's not even an option at all.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:36 pm

I hardly think Witts is the savour of the Pies, would question why would any team want him?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:38 pm

fatten the calf. call it a number 1 big cow. got fifteen weeks to do it.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:53 pm

If we are in a position to get Treloar and I think that is a big IF then you have to offer up what GWS want and I would suggest Witts isn't what they are after in the broader scheme of things. This could be a case of giving away this years draft pick/s and our next draft pick/s.

I seriously think people need to realised that offering up brass and wanting gold in return isn't going to happen. You have to give something up to get Treloar.

I believe he will stay with GWS and this is his Managers way of milking more dollars from the AFL Cash Cow in GWS.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Culprit wrote:
If we are in a position to get Treloar and I think that is a big IF then you have to offer up what GWS want and I would suggest Witts isn't what they are after in the broader scheme of things. This could be a case of giving away this years draft pick/s and our next draft pick/s.

I seriously think people need to realised that offering up brass and wanting gold in return isn't going to happen. You have to give something up to get Treloar.

I believe he will stay with GWS and this is his Managers way of milking more dollars from the AFL Cash Cow in GWS.

i don't believe treloar is going anywhere either.

outside of mumford, their ruck stocks are a bit of an unknown quantity. they may be looking for someone who requires less time to develop. i'd be surprised if we were to offer up witts in any trade.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:07 pm

^^ GWS would be in the box seat as far as dealing goes not us.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 pm

We're way ahead on the Beams deal, why would we want to do that in reverse? Grabbing a free agent should be #1 priority if there's money to splash around.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Culprit wrote:
^^ GWS would be in the box seat as far as dealing goes not us.

indeed they would be. as much as treloar would be a good get, do you sell the farm for him? where would a premium mid fit in the scheme of things?

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Wokko wrote:
We're way ahead on the Beams deal, why would we want to do that in reverse? Grabbing a free agent should be #1 priority if there's money to splash around.

hasn't hine said that as part of their list strategy we're well placed to go after a free agent?

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:29 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I'm now thinking if we want Treloar then snoop dog is probably right and it'll take Witts plus our first rounder to snare him at a minimum.

Witts is probably the only player on our list that has both enough currency as trade bait and a player we could cope in losing and still have a shot at a flag ourselves thanks to the presence of Grundy.

We of course would then need to find a suitable ruck back from either the state leagues or a player currently on an AFL list limited in his opportunities who may move for more money but not necessarily more opportunity.

Of course with how the game is progressing we might prefer a highly mobile type of option as our 2nd ruck anyway as a point of difference to Grundy so trading Witts could also make sense from that point of view.

Who knows the club may not be even considering this option and depending on what occurs for the remainder of the season may end up in a position where it's not even an option at all.

Bingo!

One elite ruck is enough, if we trade Witts we simply recruit a work horse to give Grundy a chop out, or, if Moore comes on like we all hope as a forward we turn Jesse into a genuine second ruck (which would suit him Imo).

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Hmm, maybe we should just focus all energy on Blicavs. That would solve about three problem areas in one hit.
What a find by the Cats and it wasn't even father / son.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:45 pm

Witts ain't going anywhere, you're dreaming!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:52 pm

The thread title is missing the words allegedly and or hearsay and or rumoured and or speculated.
axl13 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:49 pm

you guys are kidding yourselves if you want trade Witts, who is going to help Grundy out in the ruck. And dont tell me Jessie is the answer, dosent Josh Fraser have memorys in your head
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: