Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Journalists: Who do they barrack for?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt Price Tully - that is priceless!
But just imagine if Caroline Wilson or Patrick Smith had written for the Washington Post! Nixon would've been out a year earlier!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:32 pm

Jon Anderson - Geelong
Stephen Quartermain - Hawthorn
Scott Palmer - Collingwood
Tiffany Cherry - Essendon

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 pm

John Wren wrote:
Tannin wrote:
The outstanding Drew Morphett, now unemployed owing to Abbott's disgraceful ABC and SBS budget cuts: no-one. Yes, you read that right. The best footy commentator of them all doesn't follow a team. He grew up in NSW following rugby, then got a job calling football in Perth to start with, was promoted to call the game in Melbourne after that. Has never followed any one team, just loves a close game.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/25603598/local-abc-staff-in-stunned-silence/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-10/grandstand-reflections-drew-morphett/6010346 (audio)

morphett commentates for afl live.

Does he now? Excellent news. I can't stand bloody ads, but I'll tolerate them in that case. thanks for the tip!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Tannin wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Tannin wrote:
The outstanding Drew Morphett, now unemployed owing to Abbott's disgraceful ABC and SBS budget cuts: no-one. Yes, you read that right. The best footy commentator of them all doesn't follow a team. He grew up in NSW following rugby, then got a job calling football in Perth to start with, was promoted to call the game in Melbourne after that. Has never followed any one team, just loves a close game.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/25603598/local-abc-staff-in-stunned-silence/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-10/grandstand-reflections-drew-morphett/6010346 (audio)

Does he now? Excellent news. I can't stand bloody ads, but I'll tolerate them in that case. thanks for the tip!

fyi - this round morphett will be doing the saints vs welfare game on afl live.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:09 pm

didick wrote:
Peter Donegan (VFL commentary, horse racing, golf etc) is a Pies supporter.

And the best caller in the game, alongside Gerard Whateley. Not young or the sibling of the AFL CEO though, so he can't get a TV gig behind Rompingwins McLachlin... Rolling Eyes

Rob Waters (Channel 10 sports reporter, formerly VFL caller for the ABC and current caller for SEN) is also a Collingwood man.

Last edited by MagpieBat on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:48 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
didick wrote:

And the best caller in the game, alongside Gerard Whateley. Not young or the sibling of the AFL CEO though, so he can't get a TV gig behind Rompingwins McLaughlin... Rolling Eyes

Rob Waters (Channel 10 sports reporter, formerly VFL caller for the ABC and current caller for SEN) is also a Collingwood man.

I agree. I've never understood why he's never been given a prime time opportunity & be a regular caller.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:08 pm

watt price tully wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
didick wrote:

And the best caller in the game, alongside Gerard Whateley. Not young or the sibling of the AFL CEO though, so he can't get a TV gig behind Rompingwins McLaughlin... Rolling Eyes

I agree. I've never understood why he's never been given a prime time opportunity & be a regular caller.

Yeah I enjoy his commentary, not just because I know he's a Pies supporter.
Hard to get a gig on prime time with all the ex-players getting on the gravy train and Bwuce always in favour with 7.

I actually miss channel 10s coverage, even with Tim Lame and Quarterbrain. I enjoyed Malcolm Blights commentary too. It was less larrikanistic.

But the best coverage of all is Press Red For Ed on foxtel. No word of it happening again this season yet. Nothing better than Ed, Shaw, Daics and Chrisso in the box.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:03 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Who does Leigh Matthews barrack for?

I'd think the Lions.

Yeah, he's the deputy chair at Brisbane. I'd be interested to see whether he barracks for the Hawks or Brisbane once he's no longer tied to a club in an official capacity. People tend to barrack for the team they played for once they''re no longer involved in an official capacity.

*Didn't think he'd be a Pies supporter as he was with the other two for longer than he was with us.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:46 pm

Saw Lethal here in Bulimba in Brisbane a few months back. Then The Leper last week. Out of the two the scariest to run into in a dark alley would be by far Lethal. Looks quite diminutive on TV but in person built like a brick scheizenhausen.

I reckon he'd have to be a Hawks supporter. Watch/Listen to the 2011 Prelim for evidence.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:58 pm

didick wrote:
Saw Lethal here in Bulimba in Brisbane a few months back. Then The Leper last week. Out of the two the scariest to run into in a dark alley would be by far Lethal. Looks quite diminutive on TV but in person built like a brick scheizenhausen.

I reckon he'd have to be a Hawks supporter. Watch/Listen to the 2011 Prelim for evidence.

Years ago I saw him on Fitzroy Street St Kilda after we'd lost earlier in the day. He was walking up the street with a woman and I said "what happened Lethal?" He stopped and just gave me a death stare. I kept walking and when I got about twenty meters further down the street I turned around and he was still standing there staring at me. I reckon I was one more wrong word away from getting the Neville Bruns treatment.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:27 am

Tannin wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Tannin wrote:

He follows the Saints!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:27 am

Jezza wrote:
Jon Anderson - Geelong
Stephen Quartermain - Hawthorn
Scott Palmer - Collingwood
Tiffany Cherry - Essendon

Tiffany follows the Pies

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:35 am

^ No, she definitely an Essendon supporter

http://bomberblitz.com/wordpress/bomberblitz-com-exclusive-interview-tiffany-cherry/

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:09 am

A few others:

Ash Tua: stats man on Triple M is a Roos fan
Tim Gossage: Saints (not a WA team) which may surprise
Basil Zempalis: Dockers, Eagles, East Perth, Claremont, Swan Districts

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:32 am

I always thought Jon Ralph was one of ours. Happy for Richmond to have him.

Cometti is a Fremantle supporter, isn't he?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: