Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scotty Burns new Dons coach ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Essendon has an excellent list, more than capable of winning a flag with a decent coach (Burns could be the boy) and a capable administration .... er ... that bit could be a lot harder to achieve, but they are giving Little the flick, so you never know.

Adelaide could go either way next year, but you wouldn't mind getting that gig either.

Coach Carlton? You'd rather catch leprosy. The next Carlton coach will start a five year rebuilding project for a job that will really take ten, slog through endless on-field smashings with his hopeless list, and be sacked mid-season after three, at which point he will be unemployable.

The Carlton job will go to some sad would-be, could-be senior coach who is just smart enough to realise that he's not good enough to get a job with a proper club (i.e., Adelaide or Essendon, and you'll note how very, very low I've set the bar by my inclusion of the Dons as a "proper" club) and just dumb enough to think that some good may come out of it.

Shocked ESSENDON HAVE AN EXCELLENT LIST Shocked bloody hell, now have you been tucking into peptides too, coach Question surely you jest surely, cooney, chapman, goddard, stanton, hooker, Confused Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:13 pm

There's plenty of experienced blokes around. Offer them a go and see what happens...

Danny Frawley
Graham Cornes
Grant Thomas
Jeff Gieschen
John Blakey
John Northey
Leigh Matthews
Malcolm Blight
Mark Neeld
Michael Voss
Neil Craig
Robert Shaw
Robert Walls
Ross Lyon
Terry Wallace
Tim Watson
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Essendon has an excellent list, more than capable of winning a flag with a decent coach (Burns could be the boy) and a capable administration .... er ... that bit could be a lot harder to achieve, but they are giving Little the flick, so you never know.

Adelaide could go either way next year, but you wouldn't mind getting that gig either.

Coach Carlton? You'd rather catch leprosy. The next Carlton coach will start a five year rebuilding project for a job that will really take ten, slog through endless on-field smashings with his hopeless list, and be sacked mid-season after three, at which point he will be unemployable.

The Carlton job will go to some sad would-be, could-be senior coach who is just smart enough to realise that he's not good enough to get a job with a proper club (i.e., Adelaide or Essendon, and you'll note how very, very low I've set the bar by my inclusion of the Dons as a "proper" club) and just dumb enough to think that some good may come out of it.

Shocked ESSENDON HAVE AN EXCELLENT LIST Shocked bloody hell, now have you been tucking into peptides too, coach Question surely you jest surely, cooney, chapman, goddard, stanton, hooker, Confused Confused

their list is not as much of a rabble as you'd think. they were playing ok footy at the start of the season in spite of the interrupted preseason.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Um.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:40 pm

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Tannin wrote:

their list is not as much of a rabble as you'd think. they were playing ok footy at the start of the season in spite of the interrupted preseason.

Spot on Jock. And they made the finals the last two years running. See here for more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/why-the-essendon-coaching-job-is-the-one-to-take-over-carlton-adelaide-20150819-gj2o6a.html

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Kwah-LeBaire wrote:
There's plenty of experienced blokes around. Offer them a go and see what happens...

Danny Frawley
Graham Cornes
Grant Thomas
Jeff Gieschen
John Blakey
John Northey
Leigh Matthews
Malcolm Blight
Mark Neeld
Michael Voss
Neil Craig
Robert Shaw
Robert Walls
Ross Lyon
Terry Wallace
Tim Watson

Donald McDonald would be worth a try. Someone on SEN mentioned him last year and read out McDonald's resume and after hearing it I was staggered that he'd never landed a senior coaching gig.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Kwah-LeBaire wrote:

Danny Frawley
Graham Cornes
Grant Thomas
Jeff Gieschen
John Blakey
John Northey
Leigh Matthews
Malcolm Blight
Mark Neeld
Michael Voss
Neil Craig
Robert Shaw
Robert Walls
Ross Lyon
Terry Wallace
Tim Watson

Northey? He'd be 80 if he was a day wouldn't he?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Only 72. Years left in him.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:05 pm

[quote="Collingwood Crackerjack"]
Kwah-LeBaire wrote:

Danny Frawley
Graham Cornes
Grant Thomas
Jeff Gieschen
John Blakey
John Northey
Leigh Matthews
Malcolm Blight
Mark Neeld
Michael Voss
Neil Craig
Robert Shaw
Robert Walls
Ross Lyon
Terry Wallace
Tim Watson

Robert Walls.With Hird having let the players down and placed their careers in jeopardy a workplace bull (ask Strempel) would hardly be a good fit.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Bernie Sanders is 72 and he's running for President of the USA.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:20 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Dig a little deeper and you'll find they have some good kids. Excellent might be taking that too far but their best 22 (if they can retain Carlisle) is still pretty handy despite your opinion of Goddard, Stanton and Hooker.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:22 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

On the MM self determination scale...
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:40 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Essendon played finals last year and would have in 2013 if not for the AFL penalties. There form this season prior to the WADA appeal was solid. They beat the hawks.

It's clear the players are mentally shot now and you can't produce competitive AFL perfomances in that environment.

They've also copped a fair few injuries I believe.

If they escape bans and mass walkouts of players then no reason why the new coach can't turn them around pretty quickly.

Still in a better position than the scum. Wink Laughing

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:48 am

If they clean out the board at Essendon, don't be surprised if Bomber doesn't consider a return to the club. He had them looking better than they'd looked for the better part of a decade. They almost won the elimination final last year from memory.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:53 am

SwansWay wrote:
If they clean out the board at Essendon, don't be surprised if Bomber doesn't consider a return to the club. He had them looking better than they'd looked for the better part of a decade. They almost won the elimination final last year from memory.

You'd imagine there won't be too many changes to the board prior to the coach being appointed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: