Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bring on the Trade Season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
Defender wrote:

Mid 1st and 2nd rounder won't land Treloar, if GWS agreed to that it would be open season on their list.

I'm sure we'll have someone who wants to leave as a steak knife. I'd see Treloar as a similar 'trade value' as Beams.

Wokko, I have no doubt GWS will make us [or Tiggers] bleed through the eyes to secure Treloar. It could get ugly, and worse, delay a few other trades in the process...

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 pm

Wokko wrote:
Defender wrote:

Mid 1st and 2nd rounder won't land Treloar, if GWS agreed to that it would be open season on their list.

I'm sure we'll have someone who wants to leave as a steak knife. I'd see Treloar as a similar 'trade value' as Beams.

But you forget, GWS have a smorgasbord of desirable trade targets, IMO they would let treloar go to the draft before taking unders, they will wa t to send a message to the other clubs and their players that they won't be bullied, a mid first and second rounder with a spud thrown in won't do the job IMO, they will want 2 first rounders.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:55 pm

neil wrote:
Possibly wait till people have calmed down from the loss before starting these threads.

All trading ideas need to include
Status of players contract
Do they want to leave
Salary cap
List needs/strengths/weaknesses

Suggesting trading Witts when no evidence has been shown that he wants to leave and consider we only have one other ruckman is stupid and has been discussed on about 20 other threads.

^^^^^^^^
ALL OF THE ABOVE. Somebody really needs to tell some posters that trading is a two way street and there is also no such thing as a free lunch either.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
neil wrote:
Possibly wait till people have calmed down from the loss before starting these threads.

Do they want to leave
Salary cap

Suggesting trading Witts when no evidence has been shown that he wants to leave and consider we only have one other ruckman is stupid and has been discussed on about 20 other threads.

^^^^^^^^
ALL OF THE ABOVE. Somebody really needs to tell some posters that trading is a two way street and there is also no such thing as a free lunch either.

Yep, the glory days of 2000-2010 for bending Freo over are long gawn.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:59 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
neil wrote:

Do they want to leave
Salary cap

^^^^^^^^

Yes, pretty rational assessment. The only thing I'd add, though, is that we potentially have three rucks, in that Cox will be a backup as he matures. But if Witts wants to stay, we'd probably be best to keep him for now.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Treloar is a gun, but im not overly fussed who we do get, just providing the bugger can kick reliable goals, thats what we need the most, in my view.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
neil wrote:

Do they want to leave
Salary cap

^^^^^^^^

Yes, pretty rational assessment. The only thing I'd add, though, is that we potentially have three rucks, in that Cox will be a backup as he matures. But if Witts wants to stay, we'd probably be best to keep him for now.

At this stage it's empty speculation as we can't know which players would want to move on. All suggestions of potentially trading Witts have been due to him not being our first choice as first ruck but being a quality young player. This move has always been contingent on signing another ruck as replacement. I don't think there's anyone actually eager to get rid of Witts, he's just been identified as one of our higher value potentially movable assets.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Defender wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Frost flaked out a bit as young players are known to do, but he's quality. If Witts is happy to be a backup ruckman to play when Grundy is injured or tired or just to manage the two of them while young then we'd be stupid to get rid of him. The only way I see Witts as tradeable is if he's the clear #2 and wants more opportunities. I think if that was the case it'd come back and bite us in the bum.

Faz is coming good, why trade him now?

Seedsman appears to have been overtaken and may want out. Take whatever we can get, he's depth. Hopefully acts as a credible "Steak Knife" in any deal for Aish (not convinced on Aish, but he may have been playing dead because Brisbane suck at player management).

Only trade I want to see is for Treloar, and a 1st + 2nd rounder should do. I'd say one more quality mid (3-4 top line mids seems to be ideal for a premiership run) and we're set.

Then if we do better than this, we are paying overs for a common midfield plodder. Not worth the attention or $$$

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:33 pm

Steve j in a forward pocket would be worth looking at
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Defender wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Frost flaked out a bit as young players are known to do, but he's quality. If Witts is happy to be a backup ruckman to play when Grundy is injured or tired or just to manage the two of them while young then we'd be stupid to get rid of him. The only way I see Witts as tradeable is if he's the clear #2 and wants more opportunities. I think if that was the case it'd come back and bite us in the bum.

Seedsman appears to have been overtaken and may want out. Take whatever we can get, he's depth. Hopefully acts as a credible "Steak Knife" in any deal for Aish (not convinced on Aish, but he may have been playing dead because Brisbane suck at player management).

Only trade I want to see is for Treloar, and a 1st + 2nd rounder should do. I'd say one more quality mid (3-4 top line mids seems to be ideal for a premiership run) and we're set.

Then if we do better than this, we are paying overs for a common midfield plodder. Not worth the attention or $$$

"Common midfield plodder"?, go and punch yourself in the face.

You like this.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Trading either witts or frost is just plain stupid, frost has done reallly well, witts could easily be another sandilands, make no mistake. Dumb call, that one. sigh.

Has no judgement in leaping in the ruck and cannot mark above his head. This occurs even when he is on his own.

Take a chance with Kreuzer any day of the week.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:57 pm

jatsad wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Trading either witts or frost is just plain stupid, frost has done reallly well, witts could easily be another sandilands, make no mistake. Dumb call, that one. sigh.

Has no judgement in leaping in the ruck and cannot mark above his head. This occurs even when he is on his own.

Take a chance with Kreuzer any day of the week.

Sandlands could barely wipe his own ass at the same age.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:41 am

Defender wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Actually I believe with the new points system picks 7 and 25 as they stand currently would be akin to a mid and late first round selection so effectively we would be handing over the equivalent of two first rounders for Treloar.

Not saying it'll get the job done but it's an interesting little fact nonetheless.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:19 am

swoop42 wrote:
Defender wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Actually I believe with the new points system picks 7 and 25 as they stand currently would be akin to a mid and late first round selection so effectively we would be handing over the equivalent of two first rounders for Treloar.

Not saying it'll get the job done but it's an interesting little fact nonetheless.

Yes, it highlights that the phrases "a first rounder" and "two first rounders" are not at all specific from a valuation perspective as not all first round picks are worth the same. In fact pick #1 is valued at 3000 DVI points and pick #18 is valued at less than a third of that at 985 DVI points.

Pick 7 = 1644
Pick 25 = 756
Total = 2400, Average 1200

Pick 13 = 1212
Pick 14 = 1161

So, yes, pretty similar in DVI value to pick 13 and 14.

Losing vs Essendon and finishing behind GWS gained 148 DVI points (leaving aside compensation pick changes to the order):

Pick 8 -> 7 = +93
Pick 26 -> 25 = +27
Pick 44 -> 43 = +16
Pick 62 -> 61 = +12

The DVI system was based of prior year drafts so Clubs may re-value picks (for their own internal purposes) in a particularly shallow draft (eg this year's), but from the commentary I have seen the first 30 picks should be similar in value to previous years.

We can also expect Clubs to be more willing to "spend" picks after 30 in this next draft on FS and academy players.

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:31 am

Darkstranger wrote:
Anyone who reckons we don't need a Kruezer knows nothing about the game!

Our injuries were good this year. If we get Kruezer we can certainly lift the number of games lost per season to injury. This guy has spent as much time on the sideline as he has playing over the years. The risk is too high and we have 3 developing rucks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: