Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anti-gay Liberals vs. the 'Safe Schools' program

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4Shaw wrote:
Ah, yes - the "some politicians who have different views from mine are corrupt but the ones I like couldn't possibly be" theory of politics.

It's usually more accurate to say that "There are some factional hacks who have determined that their best strategy for gaining power is to back values and views with which I disagree and there are other factional hacks who have determined that their best strategy for gaining power is to back values and views with which I tend to agree".

I have no doubt at all that there are dodgy back-room deals in the left factions too (see Gillard, Julia). Actually, there probably wouldn't be many clean hands in either major party; you don't get to where they are by having strong ethical values. But the Labor right and Liberal far-right do at least seem to have made the finest art of this stuff. I'm not sure we'll ever see anything on the scale of the NSW Labor right's corruption, for instance, on the party's left. But if you think I've been too harsh on Bernardi, Abetz and co, I'm happy to hear how. Surprise me!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:49 am

It's not that I think anyone has ever been too hard on Bernardi or Abetz (or co), it's rather that I take issue with the (touchingly nave) presumption that a purported "progressive" politician wouldn't ooze the same sludge when staked through the heart.
David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:53 am

^ Depends who you're talking about. Labor? Yeah, probably. Maybe even a few of the Greens, too. But I think some politicians are considerably worse than others, and a lot of that comes down to party systems and the extent to which they reward being an utter bastard.
David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:18 pm

This made me laugh, at least:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2016/mar/18/welcome-to-chaste-schools-decent-churchy-folk-are-back-in-charge-of-our-childrens-minds?CMP=soc_567

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:48 pm

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/watch-aussie-safe-schools-leader-admits-program-is-about-gay-activism-not-b

Just saw this on my Facebook, so the Right is right it seems. I don't think being against indoctrination of children is 'anti-gay', in a time of confusion about identity and sexuality I don't know that pushing 'diversity' as something desirable is a good thing. There is a long way from not bullying someone for being homosexual or suffering gender dysmorphia and pushing such things as cool and desirable for teens and young children.

It's pretty obvious to me that this program is about the latter and from the horses mouth it's exactly the case.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Wokko wrote:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/watch-aussie-safe-schools-leader-admits-program-is-about-gay-activism-not-b

Just saw this on my Facebook, so the Right is right it seems. I don't think being against indoctrination of children is 'anti-gay', in a time of confusion about identity and sexuality I don't know that pushing 'diversity' as something desirable is a good thing. There is a long way from not bullying someone for being homosexual or suffering gender dysmorphia and pushing such things as cool and desirable for teens and young children.

It's pretty obvious to me that this program is about the latter and from the horses mouth it's exactly the case.

So you won't be backing the "suicidal ideation" self-help program being run by the Stop Overpopulation Now Collective, then?
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Quote:
Want more pro-life and pro-family news?

Click "like" to follow LifeSite on Facebook!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:11 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
Quote:
Want more pro-life and pro-family news?

Click "like" to follow LifeSite on Facebook!

Yeah, the guy who posted it is a Christian.

Being pro-family is so evil though right?
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:51 pm

go to the Philippines mate, it is...

Apart from Jose "Sissy Boy" Sisson and his fellow ayatollahs who believe that all contraceptives are abortifants, your so called Christian mate believes something similar....Jose doesn't just hate gay people, he hates sex itself. He also hates divorce, all contraception and believes that all sex should be only for procreation...

go to Ireland...

Quote:
The mother behind the Galway children's mass grave story: 'I want to know who's down there'
It was amateur historian Catherine Corless's painstaking research that brought news of the children's mass grave in Tuam to the world's attention. She tells how her search for the truth turned her life upside-down. Guardian 14.6.14

800 kids buried in a septic tank, from an orphanage. The local Catholic Church said they were "Famine victims", that's real "Pro life"!

And finally, gay people have produced Ellen de Generes, Boy Abunda, Elton John, Freddy Mercury Anthony Perkins and Bob Brown.

The Christian Right have produced: Marcos, Galtieri, Pinochet, Somosa, Jose Escriva, ex Stalinist Paddy MacGuinness, Santamaria and "Sissy Boy" Sisson

Vorster and his fellow Sarf jackboots were produced by the Dutch Reformed Church

I think I know who is more pleasing in the sight of God.

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:54 pm

I don't know what any of that has to do with what's being discussed.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Quote:
yeah, the guy who posted it is a Christian.

you lie down with dogs...

does your friend believe that all contraceptives are abortifants?

did the Philippine Inquirer print a torrent of homophobic jokes when Manny Paquiao compared gay people to animals?

Quote:
The welterweight fighter ignited a firestorm in February when he said gay people were worse than animals during a talk show appearance in his native Philippines. Pacquiao, who has made no secret of his faith-based antipathy towards the gay community in the past, faced a huge backlash and eventually made an apology while claiming his intent was never to condemn anyone.03/18/16 02:23 PMUPDATED 03/18/16 02:57 PM

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:14 pm

People don't usually ask me about friend believe that all contraceptives are abortifants .
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Quote:
I don't know what any of that has to do with what's being discussed.

Sooling Hal onto me! that's not very Christian!!!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Is that what you meant to say?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Extremists of any ilk are scary - but I think the damage done by Christian extremists is not acknowledged like that of Muslims for example as it is more insidious - not in your face violent but just as dangerous.

They cause massive harm - we saw them first hand last year in Uganda they were preaching that circumcision not condoms prevented HIV! And sorry but they weren't locals they were Westerners and mainly yanks - and preaching this shite and anti gay and anti contraception messages to the locals ( yeah just what they need 16 kids) - too too much money and too too much influence.

Last edited by Morrigu on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: