Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Bachar Houli the new Adam Goodes?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

schuey07 wrote:
I'm Italian and I don't consider myself white. So take that shovel and shove it up your a$&e.

I'm pretty sure Italians are considered to be white, or caucasian, for the purposes of race.

Having olive skin doesn't get you off the hook! Welcome to the racist hordes! Smile
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:32 pm
Post subject: Re: Is Bachar Houli the new Adam Goodes?Reply with quote

blackmissionary wrote:
A post on the Richmond boards at BigFooty says that a Richmond supporter was calling him a terrorist and such. The relevant supporter was thrown out of the ground.

I enjoyed that thread. One Richmond poster, who assumed the offender was a Pies supporter, was calling for points to be stripped from the associated club.

I'm all for it. Smile
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:35 pm

... I didn't hear him get booed.

To be honest, it didn't cross my mind to boo him one little bit. Nor did I look at him and think I need to boo him.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Brenny wrote:
... I didn't hear him get booed.

To be honest, it didn't cross my mind to boo him one little bit. Nor did I look at him and think I need to boo him.

I'm not sure the crowd booed him, I think the whole thing blew up because one idiot was calling him a 'terrorist'.

For a little while people assumed that it was a Collingwood supporter, so the outrage train was filling up at the station, but it was soon revealed that the offender was a Tiger.

It's gone quiet since.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:03 pm

Redlight wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
I'm Italian and I don't consider myself white. So take that shovel and shove it up your a$&e.

I'm pretty sure Italians are considered to be white, or caucasian, for the purposes of race.

Having olive skin doesn't get you off the hook! Welcome to the racist hordes! Smile

There was a time in Australia, we weren't allowed into the country because we weren't white enough. Now I get to be part of the racist horde. Yay for me. Wink
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:22 pm

schuey07 wrote:
But it isn't the reason people boo, they have varying reasons. I can't understand the white guilt that Aussies have for themselves. Why do you think that we people from other countries immigrated here, because as surprising as it might be we are probably the least racist and most tolerant country in the world. The catch is that if you assimilate, rather than want to bite the hand that feeds you, life's pretty good.

So if everything's so great here, how come we're talking about Houli being called a terrorist? You make it sound like all someone needs to do in our society to avoid copping racist or xenophobic abuse is do their best to fit in and avoid doing anything to wind people up. But it's not that easy, is it?

This kind of rubbish (and worse) directed at Muslims isn't "ancient history", either; it's something they have to cope with all too frequently. And I think we can all agree that Houli didn't do anything to earn that.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:16 pm

David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
But it isn't the reason people boo, they have varying reasons. I can't understand the white guilt that Aussies have for themselves. Why do you think that we people from other countries immigrated here, because as surprising as it might be we are probably the least racist and most tolerant country in the world. The catch is that if you assimilate, rather than want to bite the hand that feeds you, life's pretty good.

So if everything's so great here, how come we're talking about Houli being called a terrorist? You make it sound like all someone needs to do in our society to avoid copping racist or xenophobic abuse is do their best to fit in and avoid doing anything to wind people up. But it's not that easy, is it?

This kind of rubbish (and worse) directed at Muslims isn't "ancient history", either; it's something they have to cope with all too frequently. And I think we can all agree that Houli didn't do anything to earn that.

That's rich, you lecturing me about racism. Thats exactly what we hate the most. Ethnic people can stick up for ourselves, we don't need guilt ridden Aussie white knight social justice warriors like you to do it for us. Your type I detest the most, arrogant up themselves tossers who think they know whats right for us. F&@k off and don't speak for us.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:38 pm

schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

That's rich, you lecturing me about racism. Thats exactly what we hate the most. Ethnic people can stick up for ourselves, we don't need guilt ridden Aussie white knight social justice warriors like you to do it for us. Your type I detest the most, arrogant up themselves tossers who think they know whats right for us. F&@k off and don't speak for us.
Shocked is now the wrong time to light a cigar?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:49 pm

schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Not only will I have a beer with you, I'm buying. Wink

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Not only will I have a beer with you, I'm buying. Wink

Anytime. I'm at most games. David and his ilk s&@t me, know it all tossers. It's like war, stick your head up out of the trenches and your bound to get shot. Keep your head down and work hard, don't cause trouble and you'll have success. You'll occasionally come across the racist idiot now and then, but if you have a mouth, you can normally speak for yourself. We don't need people like David who have never walked in our shoes speaking for us and making it a bigger deal than it is.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:10 pm

schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Why would I ever speak for you? Laughing

Honestly if you still think that there was absolutely anything in my post that warranted that (over)reaction, feel free to share it with us. Ironic that you have a go at me for lecturing (??) you while you're busy lecturing Muslims and Aborigines (whose experiences you totally identify with, because being Italian is, like, more or less the same thing...?) about how they should stop whinging and just learn to stick up for themselves.

In the meantime, I find it amazing how a thread about a concrete example of a Muslim football player copping unwarranted abuse the sort that Muslims are still subjected to here far too frequently can have so many posts devoted to how tolerant Australia is for immigrants who don't rock the boat too much, how white players get booed too and how minority groups just need to get over the past and move on. Problems? No problems here.

Last edited by David on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:13 pm

David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Honestly if you still think that there was absolutely anything in my post that warranted that (over)reaction, feel free to share it with us.

In the meantime, I find it amazing how a thread about a concrete example of a Muslim football player copping unwarranted abuse the sort that Muslims are still subjected to here far too frequently can have so many posts devoted to how tolerant Australia is for immigrants who don't rock the boat too much, how white players get booed too and how minority groups just need to get over the past and move on. Problems? No problems here.

Again you talk s$&t about things you have no right talking about. Back in your box. You think your smart, I'll tell you, you're too smart for your own good. You think the sun shines out of your a&@e, and that your opinion is the right one. Your that smart a&@e little tosser who likes to argue that black is white and white is black. F&@k you.

Last edited by schuey07 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:14 pm

Disgusting behaviour IMO, using our great name to further their political agenda, they can **** right off with that shit and EAD.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:26 pm

schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Honestly if you still think that there was absolutely anything in my post that warranted that (over)reaction, feel free to share it with us.

Again you talk s$&t about things you have no right talking about. Back in your box. You think your smart, I'll tell you, you're too smart for your own good. You think the sun shines out of your a&@e, and that your opinion is the right one. Your that smart a&@e little tosser who likes to argue that black is white and white is black. F&@k you.

Agree to disagree but your OTT currently.

You should apologise to David for your intemperate outburst.

It's uncalled for.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:28 pm

Can we keep this stuff in VPT? I love the political cut and thrust, but getting a little over it infesting the football.

Treloar is the new Goodes anyway, Tiger fans are racist against Albinos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: