Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ex-Collingwood players 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
After round 8 2016

Paul Seedsman (Adelaide)
He's played all eight matches for the Crows this year and shown signs of fulfilling his potential but his performance against Geelong was terrible and his bad miss against the Cats when the match was on the line just summed up his inconsistent career.

You said it mate - it was a Cloke-like soda, and effectively killed their momentum in its tracks. Yet he retained his spot in the 22 this week!

But f*ck me, I'd love Rory Sloane in black&white... Confused

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Jezza wrote:
After round 8 2016

Paul Seedsman (Adelaide)
He's played all eight matches for the Crows this year and shown signs of fulfilling his potential but his performance against Geelong was terrible and his bad miss against the Cats when the match was on the line just summed up his inconsistent career.

Dayne Beams (Brisbane)
Only played two matches so far this year with injuries hindering his progress at the Lions. He sustained a knee injury last week and will be missing a few weeks of football presumably.

Dale Thomas (Carlton)
Arguably playing his best football at Carlton since he joined them at the start of 2014. Appears to be over his ankle troubles but he's still the shadow of what he was in 2010/2011.

Cameron Wood (Carlton)
Yet to play in the senior side this year and will presumably be delisted by the Blues at seasons end.

Michael Hartley (Essendon)
Been a regular feature for the Bombers this year and dishing up decent performances for them. He hasn't done anything spectacular, but he's doing enough to retain his spot in the side.

Danny Stanley (Gold Coast)
Hasn't played a senior game for the Suns this year. Like Cameron Wood, I think his AFL career will be over at the end of the year.

Heath Shaw (GWS)
Still a brilliant player and doing very well at GWS. Probably our biggest loss since Buckley's coaching stint began. Obtaining Taylor Adams who is younger and has far more football left in him rectifies the loss but whether he reaches the potential of Heater remains to be seen.

Jonathon Ceglar (Hawthorn)
Consolidating his spot at the Hawks and doing well enough that he's surpassed most people's expectations of him.

Chris Dawes (Melbourne)
He hasn't played a senior game this year with calf issues being his biggest problem at the moment. Melbourne stated a month ago that he was 'close to returning' but he still hasn't re-emerged yet.

Ben Kennedy (Melbourne)
Been a good player for the Demons this year playing every match so far. I attended the Melbourne and Bulldogs match last week and I was surprised by his improvement. A change has brought about a spark within him that we didn't see at Collingwood unfortunately. He's tracking along well with his new club.

Heritier Lumumba (Melbourne)
Lumumba hasn't played the last few weeks due to concussion, but when he's fit he's a regular starter for the Demons. Hasn't done anything outstanding for Melbourne, but he's been a serviceable player for them since he joined them at the start of last year.

Nathan Freeman (St. Kilda)
Still has troublesome hamstring issues that aren't disappearing for him. Doubtful that he will debut this year but Alan Richardson is hoping taking a conservative approach with his training will ensure that his debut isn't too far away from now.

Sharrod Wellingham (West Coast)
Starting to find his feet this year after missing the first four matches. Looks like he's regaining the form that he displayed from last year with the Eagles.

Jackson Paine (Brisbane)
Has been called up for his first game since round 23, 2014.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Interesting comparsion.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Jackson Paine (Brisbane)

After he didn't play a game with us in 2013, when we tried 39 other players.

And obviously didn't get a look-in during 2015, up there.

He would be most entitled to feel hard-done by.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Jackson Paine (Brisbane)

Thanks for including him. I'd completely forgotten that he was still playing at AFL level.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:40 am

Jezza wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Jackson Paine (Brisbane)

Thanks for including him. I'd completely forgotten that he was still playing at AFL level.

Are you sure playing for Brisbane qualifies as playing at AFL level?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Jackson had an 8 kick, 3 handball, 5 mark, 1 point game for the Bears today. I imagine that should see him slotted in as starting CHF for the Bears in their next 25 games.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jackson had an 8 kick, 3 handball, 5 mark, 1 point game for the Bears today. I imagine that should see him slotted in as starting CHF for the Bears in their next 25 games.

apparently the best game of his stunted career. was originally named in the backline but not sure whether he played there.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Heath Shaw had 176 Dream Team points today.

And the most numbers of kicks by a player in a game since 1981. And a 97% disposal efficiency for his kicks!

Heath Shaw's Outrageous Day Out
Posted: 22 May, 2016 by Footy Newsroom
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/5/heath-shaws-monstrous-day-out/

GWS defender Heath Shaw had a career-best game against the Bulldogs, leading them to a 25-point victory.

Shaw had 38 disposals, 36 of them kicks at 97% efficiency.

It's hard to digest how huge those numbers are.

It is the most kicks recorded in a game in 35 years, since Geelong's Peter Featherby recorded 40 in 1981.

There have been only 13 occasions of a player recording more kicks in a game in VFL/AFL history.

Shaw also had 1,125 metres gained - the equivalent of running the length of Spotless Stadium over seven times.

It is the most for the round by over 400 metres - Brodie Smith gained 708 - and nearly double everyone else for the match.

Supercoach nuts will be also be pleased to know Shaw cracked the ton with 203 points - the first double century this season.

Bloody hell, Heater!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:25 pm

The scary thing is those stats don't include all his kickins from behinds. He had well over 45 kicks, I'd say, from what I saw of the game.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:49 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Heath Shaw had 176 Dream Team points today.

And the most numbers of kicks by a player in a game since 1981. And a 97% disposal efficiency for his kicks!

Heath Shaw's Outrageous Day Out
Posted: 22 May, 2016 by Footy Newsroom
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/5/heath-shaws-monstrous-day-out/

GWS defender Heath Shaw had a career-best game against the Bulldogs, leading them to a 25-point victory.

Shaw had 38 disposals, 36 of them kicks at 97% efficiency.

It's hard to digest how huge those numbers are.

It is the most kicks recorded in a game in 35 years, since Geelong's Peter Featherby recorded 40 in 1981.

There have been only 13 occasions of a player recording more kicks in a game in VFL/AFL history.

Shaw also had 1,125 metres gained - the equivalent of running the length of Spotless Stadium over seven times.

It is the most for the round by over 400 metres - Brodie Smith gained 708 - and nearly double everyone else for the match.

Supercoach nuts will be also be pleased to know Shaw cracked the ton with 203 points - the first double century this season.

Bloody hell, Heater!
Sad

I guess the optimistic way of looking at this is that one player would not have made us contenders in the last three years, and by the time we can be contenders again, Heater will be retired and Taylor will be a key player in a star midfield. Still, it is sad that both Rhyce and Heath Shaw both starred in anything other than black and white.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:37 pm

stoliboy wrote:

Bloody hell, Heater!

Made him captain. Cool

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Makes you wonder why the dogs didn't give him an opponent. Poor coaching by Beveridge to allow that.

Shaw-Adams will turn out to be like as someone else said Schwass-Shannon Grant Probably.. win-win for both clubs, with Adams having greater longevity. Mind you Heater doesn't have injuries so who knows.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:58 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jackson had an 8 kick, 3 handball, 5 mark, 1 point game for the Bears today. I imagine that should see him slotted in as starting CHF for the Bears for the next 25 years.

Fixed that for you Wink

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 am

I still love Heater even though he's in opposition colours.

I suspect in the short-term, the Giants will be the clear winners in the trade between him and Adams but in the medium to long-term I think Adams' longevity and his obvious talent which will continue to develop in the coming years will ensure we come out winners in this trade.

The trade deal was as fair as it comes. It's sad Heater didn't remain a one-club player but I felt he started to become a toxic influence on the side especially towards the end in 2013, but I still loved his passion and tenacity especially during our dominant years.

A club great without doubt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: