Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

There are brains on the Match Committee!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Uphold_the_Magpies'_name! wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
But they bring in a Massive Hack in White in

Next time you attend training - why don't you walk up to Jesse White and tell him what you think of him? Tell him to his face that you believe he is a massive hack and tell him that on a Collingwood fan forum - you spread this belief. If you do this you will get my utmost respect.

lol. clearly you have not sat next to dave at the vfl or similar.

dave is not shy at sharing his frank and forthright opinions in the flesh. Laughing

some of us can couch for this.

I am glad that you can couch for him. There is a stark difference between facing another man face to face and expressing your opinion of how much of a hack you think he is and yelling that opinion amongst a group of other people over a fence at training or during a VFL match. Smile

I personally don't get the hack or spud labelling. Got to be a bloody good footballer to make it on to an AFL list, especially in this day and age. Generally says more about the poster than the footballer.

a stat got posted on afl360 the other night and it showed that less than 25% of all footballers reach 100 games. the average career of a footballer is 4 years. jessie is far from the worst footballer to ever grace the footy field. leigh brown played over 200 and was considered a "hack" by many people.

Been having the White v Brown discussion over on BF. Both good ordinary footballers and their stats are almost a match.

I find it strange that people had such high expectations for White when he arrived. If you want a gun forward you don't spend $400k and a 2nd round draft pick, you spend $800k-$1m, throw in a player like Sidebottom and compensation picks and chase a player like Boyd. White has been good value for money.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:24 am

White has been good value for money? Do you even know how much he is on?

God
Uphold_the_Magpies'_name! 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Jez07 wrote:

God

We got White cheap. He was a development opportunity in a good age/height/weight bracket for our list.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Jez07 wrote:

God

We got White cheap. He was a development opportunity in a good age/height/weight bracket for our list.

You don't know how much White is paid so you wouldn't know whether he is good value or not.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Magpie Jack wrote:
Bucks rates White above Cloke ?? How did we end up in such a mess ??

Yep
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 am

Thats a shame; brain stains are tough to remove, but they should be able to wash them off with Napisan

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:14 am

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Next time you attend training - why don't you walk up to Jesse White and tell him what you think of him? Tell him to his face that you believe he is a massive hack and tell him that on a Collingwood fan forum - you spread this belief. If you do this you will get my utmost respect.

dave is not shy at sharing his frank and forthright opinions in the flesh. Laughing

I am glad that you can couch for him. There is a stark difference between facing another man face to face and expressing your opinion of how much of a hack you think he is and yelling that opinion amongst a group of other people over a fence at training or during a VFL match. Smile

I personally don't get the hack or spud labelling. Got to be a bloody good footballer to make it on to an AFL list, especially in this day and age. Generally says more about the poster than the footballer.

a stat got posted on afl360 the other night and it showed that less than 25% of all footballers reach 100 games. the average career of a footballer is 4 years. jessie is far from the worst footballer to ever grace the footy field. leigh brown played over 200 and was considered a "hack" by many people.

Been having the White v Brown discussion over on BF. Both good ordinary footballers and their stats are almost a match.

I find it strange that people had such high expectations for White when he arrived. If you want a gun forward you don't spend $400k and a 2nd round draft pick, you spend $800k-$1m, throw in a player like Sidebottom and compensation picks and chase a player like Boyd. White has been good value for money.

Are you comparing Leroy Brown to Jessie WHite? - well stats might show they are close however Brown brought a presence and fight to every contest - he used his size to intimidate others - I wish WHite was half as good at throwing his weight around!

Leroy also played a lot down back as a stopper - he could fill gaps and his flexibility was a key component of the team's success - again I wish White could be half as good - it would make him a valuable player if he could go fwd and back etc. Overall I think Keefe has shown more ability to play that role - and of course Reid has also…

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:23 am

yin-YANG wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Are you comparing Leroy Brown to Jessie WHite? - well stats might show they are close however Brown brought a presence and fight to every contest - he used his size to intimidate others - I wish WHite was half as good at throwing his weight around!

Leroy also played a lot down back as a stopper - he could fill gaps and his flexibility was a key component of the team's success - again I wish White could be half as good - it would make him a valuable player if he could go fwd and back etc. Overall I think Keefe has shown more ability to play that role - and of course Reid has also…

More an indication of the intangibles of football; Brown looked bog average at North in his final years there, a change of club can do wonders for a players confidence

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:30 am

I once saw Leigh Brown take Jonathan Brown to the cleaners, playing as a makeshift CHB. I'm reasonably confident that JB would kick 12 on White next week if he turned out for the Bears in that game at his present age and in his present physical condition.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:18 pm

White has played very well in the VFL, while Brown has been very disappointing in the AFL. I'm glad we are picking players based on form not reputations.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:10 pm

White has actually been his usual mix of ok and incompetent-bordering-upon-farcical in the VFL (Magpie Bat described his game last week as a slightly-more-flattering "decent to good").

Anyway, he played so poorly against Melbourne that he was dropped, amidst the usual calls for him never to appear in the seniors again and then was uniformly dismal in the VFL down back, in the ruck and up forward against Essendon before his "decent to good" game.

I suppose it would be unkind of me to point out that, by contrast, Cloke had 18 kicks in the VFL last week and is still in the VFL this week? No-one in the seniors had 18 kicks last week (Smith was best with 17). Not only are we not picking players on reputations, it seems that we're also ignoring what some players with reputations do, as well.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:22 pm

I last abused a Pie player on the field, many years ago, when young and silly, I have never mouthed off at one of ours since. I have muttered things under my breath, but I have never yelled out abuse to our guys, nor would I ever say anything to them in the race etc. Its just not on, and is grossly disrespectful.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I last abused a Pie player on the field, many years ago, when young and silly, I have never mouthed off at one of ours since. I have muttered things under my breath, but I have never yelled out abuse to our guys, nor would I ever say anything to them in the race etc. Its just not on, and is grossly disrespectful.

They are grown men, or should be. The opinions of others don't mean squat.
FFS, if i was running around the MCG on a cuppla-hunded-thou per annum, I sure wouldn't give a rats fat arse what anybody said about me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: