Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We have a ruckman!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the best 22yr old ruckman out there by a street
He's mobile, he's our 3rd or 4th highest clearance player over this season, gets forward and back and has a bit of mongrel in him
No question in a couple years he will be a bonafide super star
He needs to improve his marking and disposal but I'm more than happy with his progress in many areas
Has anyone else noted that his tap work has been more to our advantage the past month ? On the weekend not only did he nullify Mumford he put it to our advantage a hell of a lot
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:07 pm
Post subject: Re: StarReply with quote

Jezza wrote:
The Drooge wrote:
Brodes is a star. His around the ground on deck stuff is A, ruck work B+, marking C. Kid is 22. Physicality levels of a 24-26 year old. Will be the best ruck in the comp in 2 years.

It still shocks me in some way that we drafted him at pick 18 as I was sure that he would be drafted at a higher number.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear that he was touted as a top-10 prospect in the year he was drafted, but for whatever reason he slipped to pick 18 which I considered a bargain at the time.

I think it was because there'd been a couple of rucks picked early in recent years who hadn't quite turned out.

But in general it's very risky picking rucks early. They take too long to develop and how many of them are durable enough to have long careers? We were lucky that he fell so far, but I'd always be against us taking a ruck with a top 10 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: