Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Docklands has never been our home - and the supporters can't be blamed for not showing up - Eddie wants the place demolished!

One thing I have noticed though is that we are actually playing our best footy at that ground for a long time - the loss to the Dogs and then the win against the Suns demonstrated we are starting to play the ground at a better level.

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Culprit wrote:
Nothing will change as the AFL and the Club treat it's members and supporters with disdain as they try to turn our game into a TV game like the NRL.

I'm not sure how successful the AFL has been in turning the sport into a TV game as Australian Rules football as a spectacle is nothing like it was 10 years ago.

That said, rugby league is a laughable imitation of the skillful game it once was.

Maybe that's it. Take the genuine skill out to make it more TV friendly?

MM

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:01 pm

I'll tell you fellas a funny/sad story about last night's game.

I work at a Melbourne venue with 8 tv's and what is shown on them is usually decided by customer demand.
I managed to weave my magic and have our game up until the union game kicked off. And that was all she wrote, union, nrl and the showdown were shown on our tvs for the rest of the night. And not a black and white jumper in sight.
This is where we're at right now.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Nothing will change as the AFL and the Club treat it's members and supporters with disdain as they try to turn our game into a TV game like the NRL.

I'm not sure how successful the AFL has been in turning the sport into a TV game as Australian Rules football as a spectacle is nothing like it was 10 years ago.

That said, rugby league is a laughable imitation of the skillful game it once was.

Maybe that's it. Take the genuine skill out to make it more TV friendly?

MM

Completely agree that the game is not the spectacle it was, at all. It still has its moments, but the lack of free ball movement and one-on-one contests is a shame. I think the NAB cup should try going with 16 players and 6 interchange.

I'd also like to see a let up on the holding the ball rule - as long as a player gets the ball out, and does not fall on it or drag it in, then play on. At the moment the player who hunts the man is rewarded too heavily compared to the player who hunts the ball.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:16 pm

17644 and you probably still couldn't get a decent seat. ie have to sit in the back 10 rows.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:28 pm

inxs88 wrote:
My stance is that if you live within 100km "TURN UP" every week. Reckon if its was for a place in the 8 or top 4, the chardonnay set or flighty fans would have turned up!

No One HAS to go to Games

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:34 pm

think positive wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Cakewalk wrote:
This year we have had our 2 lowest crowds by a long way.

Since moving out of Vic Park our base at its lowest for games was late 20s early 30s.

It demonstrates to me a large chunk of our supporter base are making a statement.

Absolutely. Suggestions to the effect that so many of the supporters are staying away because they are somehow defective as supporters just miss the point completely. Marketing 101 says that the Club is selling a product that no-one much wants.

Exactly right. I actually pulled the pin on attending matches this year half way through the third quarter of the North game. Walked out and haven't been back since.

Even when we win, we are virtually unwatchable.

I'll re-new again for next year, and look forward to us playing a brand of footy worth watching again, which will be the week after he is sacked.

Spot on

Time with my. Daughter is keeping me there right now, I almost fell asleep last night! And soooo looking forward to the belting this week! I've booked parking!

Espically in 2nd Half. Started to loose Intrest and at end of Game I was like It's Finally Over and we won

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Crowds follow wins, amd especially wins in games that determine ladder position. Always have, always will. If it turns around next year as I expect, the crowds will be back.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Those who didn't go we smart, $£$%^%%$ boring game, worst game I have been to in a long time!

I predicted a very low crowd when I could go on and buy any seat I wanted on Level 1 in the AFL members less than a week out, although in the end that area was reasonably packed except my bay which was about 50% full. But soo many empty seats on level 1 especially those stupid yellow seats which would have been about 30% full
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
That is telling the Club

It's the only way members & supporters have of telling the club how they feel, membership & attendance are what we have and we've been doing it for years, to very little effect.
Hilarious to see the 'Flat Earthers' go into immediate denial mode, that's all THEY have.
"It's Etihad!"
"It's too cold!"
"It's the poor design choices in the bars"

No, it's not... And you know it. Most of you also know that membership and attendances at ALL grounds and in all conditions are down on last year, which was down on the year before, and so on...
You all know it and you all know why.

It don't even need saying...

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Wonder what Pert will say about this at the AGM. Had a crack last year at the members not re signing......Nothing about the brand though.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:17 pm

35forever wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
That is telling the Club

It's the only way members & supporters have of telling the club how they feel, membership & attendance are what we have and we've been doing it for years, to very little effect.
Hilarious to see the 'Flat Earthers' go into immediate denial mode, that's all THEY have.
"It's Etihad!"
"It's too cold!"
"It's the poor design choices in the bars"

No, it's not... And you know it. Most of you also know that membership and attendances at ALL grounds and in all conditions are down on last year, which was down on the year before, and so on...
You all know it and you all know why.

It don't even need saying...

We packed the place out in 2010 & 2011. No one liked it then, but we still went. Cant imagine why.....

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Crowds follow wins, amd especially wins in games that determine ladder position. Always have, always will. If it turns around next year as I expect, the crowds will be back.

Don't buy it for a second, we were a massive $1.20 certainty last night and people had the chance to see our last win for the year yet the turn our was appalling.
Our brand has a lot more to do with it than bandwagonning.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Ha! Sat in our Etihad home seats aisle 2 to the left of the cheersquad.
Area half empty as usual.

This is the "if it wasn't so disturbing it might be funny" bit - the usher made sure she checked my card to the nth degree to make sure I sat my allocated seat.
Surely on a night like last night they just shouldn't care where anyone sits.....

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
My stance is that if you live within 100km "TURN UP" every week. Reckon if its was for a place in the 8 or top 4, the chardonnay set or flighty fans would have turned up!

No One HAS to go to Games

yep but don't complain about crowds when the very complainers are probably the ones that don't turn up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: