Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie McGuire - Time To Go?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Eddie McGuire leave Collingwood?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 50 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 28 ]
Undecided
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 90

Doc63 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Fat Controller finally goes, his legacy will be the disaster that is the Buckley Era. The glory of 2010 will be but a long distant memory.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm

Another thing worth considering.

Ed wields an awful lot of power among the Melbourne elite. He can cause any business significant damage with just a few words. Many are genuinely fearful of him.

I believe that any campaign to oust him will need to come from the grass roots and be headed by someone who doesn't scare easily.

It's a big ask. This is why it will take many years.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:06 pm

A better question is this; if you had your choice of either Bucks or Eddie leaving tomorrow, who would you choose to leave?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:08 pm

BBHS wrote:
Who replaces him?

The best credentialed alternative after a thorough assessment process

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Here we have Bucks questioning the leaders and/or leadership of the team after yesterday's loss. The leaders or leadership at club level in Ed and Board is lacking more importantly.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Yes, after the way he mishandled the Goodes "King Kong" thing, after the farcical appointment of Gubby Allen, and after the well-intentioned but ultimately failing Buckley appointment, he has to many misjudgements on this record. He should fall on his sword. We need to refresh.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:03 pm
Post subject: He mustReply with quote

We as members must protest with the only power we have left. Boo the Board at the ground and not renew until they get the message . Resign for the sake of our Club . It sickens me these rich elites think they own our club and can stay forever
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Eddie on Channel 9 just now answering the coach's poor start

"We dont turn on each other at Collingwood --we stick side by side"

Appears he is sticking with Buckley

Yet bucks stuck it to pendles

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:28 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
A better question is this; if you had your choice of either Bucks or Eddie leaving tomorrow, who would you choose to leave?

that is simple.
Ed!
Because the next president wouldn't put up with this crap coaching.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:31 pm

thompsoc wrote:

that is simple.
Ed!

Eddie is a proud bloke and the failings of the channel 9 CEO still sits with him mentally.

I can't see Eddie making the call on Bucks as it will then bring into question the whole coaching transition and how far back it has put the club from where we were in 2009-10.

I don't see Buckley jumping himself so that leaves Eddie to make the tough call, he will cop the flack over the coaching transition regardless.

If Buckley is re appointed then I see him being coach whilst Eddie is prez, I suppose once we hit the bottom then there is definitely only 1 direction but are all the fans happy to sit and watch this great club hit rock bottom first.

We have more issues this year than last. Like I said it's not just Bucks fault this is all over the football department and recruiting. Although as head coach he is the scapegoat, I think he has his issues game day and is more a reactive coach.

When Bucks took over we had half a dozen 'A' graders and a host of B+. Some were moved on some left but the point is we have not replaced the likes of Heath Shaw and Leon Davis in defence, we replaced Beams now finally with Treloar. Others are not the players they were back then. OK Reid has had injuries but Steele is meant to be in the prime of his career yet is not the player he was back then, same with Cloke. Bottom line is we haven't been able to further develop our stars and we haven't been able to develop or draft any young A grade talent. Grundy seems the only one really but shit after 6 years you would expect more.

Pendles won't get better so we have a limited window to try develop some really good young top end talent (other than Treloar and Grundy). But we need to get the broom out and do a bit of a clean up first.

Eddie moving on may be the biggest domino to fall it may prompt bigger changes at the club but we need someone to stand up and challenge.

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

that is simple.
Ed!

Eddie is a proud bloke and the failings of the channel 9 CEO still sits with him mentally.

I can't see Eddie making the call on Bucks as it will then bring into question the whole coaching transition and how far back it has put the club from where we were in 2009-10.

I don't see Buckley jumping himself so that leaves Eddie to make the tough call, he will cop the flack over the coaching transition regardless.

If Buckley is re appointed then I see him being coach whilst Eddie is prez, I suppose once we hit the bottom then there is definitely only 1 direction but are all the fans happy to sit and watch this great club hit rock bottom first.

We have more issues this year than last. Like I said it's not just Bucks fault this is all over the football department and recruiting. Although as head coach he is the scapegoat, I think he has his issues game day and is more a reactive coach.

When Bucks took over we had half a dozen 'A' graders and a host of B+. Some were moved on some left but the point is we have not replaced the likes of Heath Shaw and Leon Davis in defence, we replaced Beams now finally with Treloar. Others are not the players they were back then. OK Reid has had injuries but Steele is meant to be in the prime of his career yet is not the player he was back then, same with Cloke. Bottom line is we haven't been able to further develop our stars and we haven't been able to develop or draft any young A grade talent. Grundy seems the only one really but shit after 6 years you would expect more.

Pendles won't get better so we have a limited window to try develop some really good young top end talent (other than Treloar and Grundy). But we need to get the broom out and do a bit of a clean up first.

Eddie moving on may be the biggest domino to fall it may prompt bigger changes at the club but we need someone to stand up and challenge.

And to your point as well, think about the disaster state the club was in when Eddie took over. Granted he did a fantastic job of rebuilding the club financially and the move to get Malthouse was outstanding.

But fast forward now, it feels like a very similar position we are in again. Ok our financials may be in a better state (for now anyway, keep losing games and members it may be a different story). But the on field is very familiar.... At best we are stagnant....But currently we are on course for a bottom four finish.

What prompted our 2010 premiership was a change of the guard at all levels in 1999/2000. We have to be fairly close to that point again

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Mr Derkd
The club wasn't in a crap state of affairs.
This is another Eddie myth.
The rivers of gold from the new media rights lifted the fortunes
of every club including ours from this time period.
The thing Ed did was recruit MM.
That was his one saving grace.
We left Vic Park then which was incredibly sad but the useless
council forced our hands.
Can't blame Ed for that.

BenBronx 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Eddie had the following to say on Triple M's Hot Breakfast:

This is where the DNA of the Collingwood Football Club is all about. I’m not just saying this as a speech or a feel-good or whatever — this is what is inside my marrow, this is what Collingwood is all about

Yeah, they’re all rounding on us at the moment, yeah they are. We are the scum of football at the moment as we were 125 years ago when we were the scum of Victoria in the depths of the Great Depression — and we stood side-by-side. That’s what I expect from our players and our supporters — and we will rally together.

Whether we get the results, time will tell. But I tell you what we won’t do: We’ll never give up, we’ll never dog it, we won’t turn on our own, we won’t decimate people who give to the club day-in, day-out and over 10s of years. We don’t turn on our people, we stand side-by-side.

We don’t get spooked by headlines, we’ don’t get spooked by people who celebrate one day, dance on your grave the next. We know what it’s all about. This is a club that has endured for 125 years, not because we flip flop in the wind when it gets tough.

So we will get stuck into it. We’ll see Geelong on Sunday, MCG, Sunday afternoon — we’ll be right to go and our players will give it our best shot. Geelong are a great club, they might beat us but I tell you what — it will be the spirit of Collingwood that will be tested on Sunday afternoon. I hope like hell that we get up and win.

It was devastating (on Tuesday), but you know what? We played a good team and we played a great club. We got done and we did it in an honourable way.

But no one turned their toes up (on Tuesday), we just got done in the end. So it is, it’s a tough time, I didn’t expect to come out this morning and talk like this, but you know what? You get asked the question and that’s the response, because that’s what it’s all about in footy.

The thing that annoys me is "We don’t turn on our people, we stand side-by-side." but I guess that doesn't include Nathan Buckley throwing Scott Pendlebury under the bus?
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 pm

^ The man has become a complete embarrassment.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:48 pm

Only thing I can't swallow is Essendon are $£$%^%%$ rubbish. Man for Man we should have won that game by at least 5 goals. We had our best team on the park for christ sake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: