Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are we finally a quick side?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
We'll need to be quick if we're going to win on Anzac Day.

Essendon are very quick.

Agree, the bombers are quick.

At least the biter is out but Fantasia has had a couple days out against us.
You would think Murray would go to him but it has to be a collective effort from the back six and midfield support if we’re going to get it done.

Fantasia has been out all year with a leg injury. Glad J Ramsay isn’t around this Anzac Day

pretty sure Fantasia played yesterday. Bombers are a better side than us ATM.

Yes, Essendon are better. How did they lose to the Bulldogs tho?

Fantasia did play yesterday and Merrett was not bullied out of the game as he has been in 2018. Daniher is in a form slump, but they move the ball quickly. And between Tippunwuti, Saad and a few others, they can run down anyone that doesnt move the ball fast.

You have never heard of a better team losing a game to a lesser team? What planet are you from??????

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Think you got me wrong. Wasn't being smart.

Lesser teams win (upsets) all the time. It happened on Friday. And I hope it happens on Anzac Day.

I do think that Essendon are a better team than us right now. And yeah, upsets happen, I was just saying I cant believe they lost that game to the Bulldogs. They were terrible that day.

As to your question about which planet... you'll have to watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM_Nd9D8vqY

But you have to watch the whole thing.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 pm

K wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Buckley was quoted recently to say that Stephenson is the quickest on our list by a margin

Indeed. Though Stevo's 20m time at the Combine was not really outstanding. I'm wondering how much the conditions affected the times. It might have been cold and windy, for example. His privately reported (i.e. by one who knows him) best time is good, but still not jaw-droppingly so. The best Pie Combine 20m time by a long way was Marsh.

This snippet seems to confirm that top speed rather than initial acceleration is Stevo's main pace strength.

Stephenson on Petruccelle:
“I think he’d beat me over 20 (metres), but 50 plus I’ve probably got him. Most 100 metre races I do at school I’m always a slow starter and once I start moving I can hit that top speed.”

(footyprophet.com article noted by MagpiesTheGreat)

[Aside: I find Petruccelle a tad irritating, because at draft time he seemed to be boasting constantly about his alleged speed, including mentioning 20m times that were at best unofficial and at worst just wrong. His Combine time didn't particularly impress me either. Hence the thought that maybe the conditions do have a big effect.]

It's also stated that Stevo's 100m time was 10.97s. That's pretty good.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:54 pm

YES WE ARE OfFICIALLY A QUICK TEAM (plus a great handball team)
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:00 pm

K wrote:
K wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Buckley was quoted recently to say that Stephenson is the quickest on our list by a margin

Indeed. Though Stevo's 20m time at the Combine was not really outstanding. I'm wondering how much the conditions affected the times. It might have been cold and windy, for example. His privately reported (i.e. by one who knows him) best time is good, but still not jaw-droppingly so. The best Pie Combine 20m time by a long way was Marsh.

This snippet seems to confirm that top speed rather than initial acceleration is Stevo's main pace strength.

Stephenson on Petruccelle:
“I think he’d beat me over 20 (metres), but 50 plus I’ve probably got him. Most 100 metre races I do at school I’m always a slow starter and once I start moving I can hit that top speed.”

(footyprophet.com article noted by MagpiesTheGreat)

[Aside: I find Petruccelle a tad irritating, because at draft time he seemed to be boasting constantly about his alleged speed, including mentioning 20m times that were at best unofficial and at worst just wrong. His Combine time didn't particularly impress me either. Hence the thought that maybe the conditions do have a big effect.]

It's also stated that Stevo's 100m time was 10.97s. That's pretty good.

Stevo will win a brownlow in 6 years time
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:24 am

In relation to the OP's question, the answer is yes.

The inclusions of Murray and Stephenson have been significant. Sides with a lot of pace have killed us over the years, so to see us finally address this deficiency is fantastic.

I think the club was always relying on Nathan Freeman to be able our quick midfielder who could break the lines hence the decision to recruit him at pick 10 in the 2013 draft, but as we know, injuries held him back from ever playing.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:28 am

^^It's not just these two though, we've added plenty of pace and run over the last few years. Having a good running team makes the game so much easier and we've been working on it for a while and we now see the benefits.

When you have good runners you can close down space, making it much harder for the opposition to attack, we've definitely seen that. When you have good runners you get more players out in space making it easier to hit targets, we've definitely seen that.

Adding quality runners to the team is the thing that has improved our performance more than any other single factor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: