Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mayne is in our best 22

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BBHS wrote:
This guy deserves a shit load of credit for even playing for us again. I thought he was gone like 99% of supporters and media. Has found a role that and doing well. Got to give him a lot of credit for being professional. His training and general attitude must be respected.

+1.

Mayne has been a terrfic addition as:

1. He covers so much of the ground,
2. He gets to the right places,
3. He is hard at it, (doesn't shirk the clash of bodies)
4. He has adapted well to a new role first tried out in the VFL and has been allowed to play some games in a rwo to establish some confidence.
5. Has been a good link player and fiinally
6. He chose not to read Nicks or at least pay any heed to this form of social media.

Go Maney, go pies

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:59 am

BBHS wrote:
... Got to give him a lot of credit for being professional. His training and general attitude must be respected.

Absolutely! By all accounts he has completely changed his method from diet (dropping 5kg I think I read somewhere), training, and role. You simply have to be professional, committed and dedicated to undergo those changes at the best of times but when you couple that with the negative attention he was receiving it is all the more classy. Fair play to Mayne.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am

So much respect for this guy ...

While his teammates were on holiday Chris Mayne stayed back and trained, did extras, turned vegan, has turned out some impressive AFL numbers. And hes not even the Pies best story this year https://t.co/j2A3LJHfWf

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:56 pm

Well done to Mayne , i reckon he turned the corner in the saints game , his work rate has been first class.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Full respect for Chris Mayne. He had to overcome alot of adversity, and had to withstand alot of hostile opinion to get where he is now. Immense strength of character, because there is no way that he could not have been aware of it. He is a real fighter clearly, and a man of immense determination.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
BBHS wrote:
... Got to give him a lot of credit for being professional. His training and general attitude must be respected.

Absolutely! By all accounts he has completely changed his method from diet (dropping 5kg I think I read somewhere), training, and role. You simply have to be professional, committed and dedicated to undergo those changes at the best of times but when you couple that with the negative attention he was receiving it is all the more classy. Fair play to Mayne.

Maybe Jarryd Blair showed him how to be a true professional and how to get the most out of oneself.

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Earning his spot at the moment. Doesn't get a lot of it, and bit of a stop/start player in that he doesn't provide much outside run for a winger/high half forward, but he's been good in the contest, good at tackling and has been making good decisions in traffic.

Can't fault him for now. I feel that he's a confidence player, and getting these games would be doing his confidence the world of good. Just don't let him have any set shots at goal.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:40 pm

bally12 wrote:
Earning his spot at the moment. Doesn't get a lot of it, and bit of a stop/start player in that he doesn't provide much outside run for a winger/high half forward, but he's been good in the contest, good at tackling and has been making good decisions in traffic.

Can't fault him for now. I feel that he's a confidence player, and getting these games would be doing his confidence the world of good. Just don't let him have any set shots at goal.

He is not playing the outside role. he has been asked to play the Aish role which is the mid that gets to a lot of contests and uses his hands to be the link from inside to outside. He is also supposed to create space by being one of the first hit ups coming out of defense (owing to his strong marking skills). Given these offensive tasks, he is also expected to lay a lot of tackles and to otherwise create a stoppage in circumstances where the opposition gets the ball instead of us. He has been performing this role beautifully in the past three weeks.

Criticizing him for failing to do much on the outside is like criticizing him for failing to get enough hit outs. its like criticizing a full back who shuts down his opponent for not himself kicking enough goals.

Judge him on what he is asked to do, not on what he could do if he was playing a different role.......

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Time for me to eat Mad ... no, choke on!!!!... Some humble pie Embarassed

Has been fantastic this past month, and I retract my prior, ignoramus posts about Mayne and his ability.

Well done Chris Mayne. Cool

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 am

Credit to him for working hard to break into the senior side and retain his spot. With Aish going down with injury, an opening was available and he's made the most of it.

We were all critical Skids, so I think we're all happy to eat humble pie now.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:08 pm

Still keeping the seat warm? Or in our best squad?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:11 pm

In our best 5 today.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:13 pm

You know the best thing ? Not only has he been good the last few weeks, hes getting better. Since his transfer to the wing, hes starting to play some of the bets football of his career. A few weeks ago we were raving about Phillips. Right now the opposition coaches would be more concerned about Mayne. Its a great comeback.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:18 pm

Went back into defence late as well and took some intercept marks. One of the few players, like Phillips, who continued to put in till the end. Probably his best game tonight.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:40 pm

Mayne was in my top 5 tonight.

Kept working non stop until the end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: