Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Top Four?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Shock to me as I thought we would Struggle this Season.

Still just half a Season but I am glad it looks like I was wrong on Pre-Season Thoughts

Still in the Sack Buckley camp Dave?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Well, minus Treloar, I guess we can effectively delete this thread for 2018.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 pm

The problem we also have is that the Hawks and Kangas are regarded as having the two softest draws of all teams in the run home.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Talk to me in 4 weeks. Then we talk top 4. Not before.
john b 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:39 pm

You never know but sadly I think it going to be tuff without treloar too. 😞

5/6 would be good.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:50 pm

If you had told me that we would win 2010 with Josh Fraser, Tarkyn Lockyer, Cheesy O'Bree and Paul Medhurst looking on but a first year 174 cm KPP named Blair in the side. That Presti would get injured and not play after round 20. That our Captain would miss a month with a calf in the middle of an important stretch where we drew with the Dees and beat two others in the top 8 without him so we could finish top 4. That a kid called Sidebottom would kick 24 goals in his second season. That a sh1ttruck journeyman from North would kick an offbreak so severe that it knocked the Cats on their arses in an absolute blitz in the prelim. That a second year utility named Macaffer with no weapons bar lockdown and an average shot for goal would be crucial. That a bloke who couldn't take a chest mark because he was basically blind could play full forward. That his mate at CHF would kick more points than goals and it didn't cost us the flag. That Goldie would come into the side after a drawn GF and kick the first goal after Swanny gave away a dumb reversal that cost Cloke the first goal. That Didak would be our leading goalkicker with 41...

I would of asked for a kilo of the gear you were on.

It's possible. We can win it this year.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:07 pm

piedys wrote:
Well, minus Treloar, I guess we can effectively delete this thread for 2018.

He’s such a huge out. I think his leg speed and gut-running has been central to the vaunted change in our 2018 game plan. Time will tell, but I think it’s likely our season took a massive knock when he went down. Rounds 17-21 just got a lot, lot harder.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:20 am

Cam wrote:
If you had told me that we would win 2010 with Josh Fraser, Tarkyn Lockyer, Cheesy O'Bree and Paul Medhurst looking on but a first year 174 cm KPP named Blair in the side. That Presti would get injured and not play after round 20. That our Captain would miss a month with a calf in the middle of an important stretch where we drew with the Dees and beat two others in the top 8 without him so we could finish top 4. That a kid called Sidebottom would kick 24 goals in his second season. That a sh1ttruck journeyman from North would kick an offbreak so severe that it knocked the Cats on their arses in an absolute blitz in the prelim. That a second year utility named Macaffer with no weapons bar lockdown and an average shot for goal would be crucial. That a bloke who couldn't take a chest mark because he was basically blind could play full forward. That his mate at CHF would kick more points than goals and it didn't cost us the flag. That Goldie would come into the side after a drawn GF and kick the first goal after Swanny gave away a dumb reversal that cost Cloke the first goal. That Didak would be our leading goalkicker with 41...

Too right we can Cam. I predict Adams will rise to the occasion now that Treloar has gone down.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 am

Still reckon our backline is so effective at launching ball to the most advantage
spots any midfield in the comp would rub their hands and say “You beaut—now who’s turn is it to get it to the 50 and goal”

This unit does not rely on one prime mover —it has many to capitalise on the work the back six do

Sure he will be missed —just like Robert Murphy was missed by dogs in GF of 2016

Buck up folks we are not a one pony trick side

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:38 am

Cam wrote:

And we were one quarter away from going back to back. Outrageous!

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Cam wrote:

And we were one quarter away from going back to back. Outrageous!

Didn't Dids play through the finals with a torn pec, too?

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:06 pm

Indeed he did.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:16 am

Well we are prime spot for 3rd after this round 😃
Millane42 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:04 am

BazBoy wrote:

Or 2nd if the Eagles lose and we have a healthy win

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:48 am

Millane42 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Or 2nd if the Eagles lose and we have a healthy win

We are now a definite chance for a top 2 finish if we can maintain our current form. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: