Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one mentioned Goldy —well of the aging brigade you can play this guy forward or back

Not saying he’ll play but am saying he won’t take a backwoods step because his whole career is based on having a dip

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 pm

One Nine 5 o’clock news Jamie Elliott after training said he is right for Friday

Although my hamstring strain minor we erred on the side of caution he said

Allow that he is right to play the year out without relapse will help and I wonder the addition of he and in form Crocker will bulk up front half

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:04 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Some one mentioned Goldy

It wasnt me. Embarassed

Just went back and fixed my last post to include him. I always bloody forget someone.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 pm

These piss and pooh bastards have troubled us for bloody yrs, far too long, beating them is a rare event. However, they are not the side they were, a shadow of themselves. But, we have mass injuries, our forward line was impotent last game, did not exist Our whole side played utter shit last game, not one winner, and we ran up the white flag, as Bucks said. If we have any integrity, and guts, any determination, grit, we will come out and bust our guts to win this game, make up for last weeks shocking non effort. Just hit these pricks hard, from first bounce, and play with flair and passion for once, right the wrongs of last week. Have a red hot go, and get our season back on track, we have to win this one, we have too. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Adz 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Some Damning footage of Greenwood and Thomas Backing out of winning the hard ball
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Adz wrote:
Some Damning footage of Greenwood and Thomas Backing out of winning the hard ball

On the couch.

Made me spit my beer out!

Jellyfish!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:04 pm

If we think bringing in Crocker and Goldsack to a side that has struggled to hit targets and score in the past 2 months vs mediocre teams is the tonic to turn this ship around...man, are we in trouble.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Our cupboard is just about bare, so improvement won’t come from the ressies. If we don’t respond with a fierce attack on the ball and opponents then we are phucked.

With Reid gone, Crocker should come in, if only as a ploy to draw opponents away from JDG. I’d also drop Brown and. Ring in IQ or Noble.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:11 pm

Our cupboard is just about bare, so improvement won’t come from the ressies. If we don’t respond with a fierce attack on the ball and opponents then we are phucked.

With Reid gone, Crocker should come in, if only as a ploy to draw opponents away from JDG. I’d also drop Brown and. Ring in IQ or Noble.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Players had a closed door heart-to-heart, nothing was left unsaid. I reckon a few bromances were broken today, but hopefully egos were broken too. Pendles was pretty clear he hasn't had a session like that in a long time.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:44 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Players had a closed door heart-to-heart, nothing was left unsaid. I reckon a few bromances were broken today, but hopefully egos were broken too. Pendles was pretty clear he hasn't had a session like that in a long time.

Good that is a real good sign, sounds like they feel ashamed, and are out to make amends, this week, I feel a bit better now. This was our wake up call. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 pm

3rd degree wrote:
I disagree it will be an ugly scrap and if we have any ticker we should get over them. There not the side they once were but Breust always seems to kill us.

And it's Breust's 200th...But we've handled opposition milestones well this year (Travis Boak, Easton Wood) - I think we'll come out breathing fire and turn our form around.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:39 am

What might add to our difficulty is the top clubs including us will have started the month of heavy training load which then eases up in the run to the finals. That's won't be helping any of them, and adding to the chance of upsets.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:50 am

On the back of what can only be described as a insipid performance by the majority of the team I think we need to really look hard at our game style and structure
Last season we had relentless pressure and moved the ball quickly
This season we are moving the ball slowly and cautiously which is to prevent turnovers
We have gone from 15th in marks taken in 2018 to 3rd this season which is a dramatic switch and it hasn't worked
Bucks always said we are a grunt contested side well we are playing like a bunch of soft posers at the moment and I think some of our wins have masked that
Some one mentioned the other day about integrity in selection well how about some integrity in performance as well

Pendles say they had a closed door heart to heart means nothing unless we come out and perform

There's a old saying winners celebrate losers have meetings

Our hardness around the ground has been dismal and last week highlighted the fact

So we have situation of the players now having closed meetings and hopefully so home truths came out of it

As for selection this week
Is Noble ready to play the Stephenson role or at least provide some speed in the forward 50 ?
Is Elliott right to go ?

For mine the line up this weekend looks like

B Crisp Roughead Maynard
HB Scharenberg Moore Aish
C Trelaor Phillips Sidey
HF Noble Checkers WHE
F Elliott Cox JDG
R Grundy Seir Pendles

INT Daicos Brown Greenwood Mayne
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:09 am

Skids wrote:
Adz wrote:

On the couch.

Made me spit my beer out!

Jellyfish!

I'm not sure the camera angle did him no favors on that. It would be pretty uncharacteristic of him, it looked to me like he was trying to tap it past him and got a bad bounce. He was plenty hard in other contests.
AHoles in the media make a career of kicking tyres on under performing cars. The trouble is football teams are not cars. Roos and the Dogs before them are fighting for the eight and are better teams than their win loss indicates.
Any given season is a pretty organic process. The boys have been up for a long time now and need to recharge their focus. They have plenty of time to get it together.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: