Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL falls asleep

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
90 nice wrote:
AFL are a lefty woke organisation

The AFL is actually run by McLachlan, who comes from an old Adelaide monied and hard right-wing background, and whose old man (as head of the National Farmers Federation) was a chief conspirator in trying to smash the Maritime Union back in 1998. He is a National or Liberal Party man, through and through.

And here in lies the whole underpinning reasons the game feels so sanctioned.
The way you used to feel about how great and exciting it was growing up has been lost to political (in a business sense) is so typical of these people of power and influence.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:10 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Hi I was just wondering when you are going to update the player profiles on the official AFL site. There are no photos of the new players and no information on them. Could you also put more information about all the players in general, eg past player history or this player plays like..... or even player question and answer time. I would hope there is a media person employed by the club that can give supporters some basic daily or weekly information to keep us engaged. Thankyou🙂

Good point .
Same lack of information for the other teams. Didn't even post pictures of the VFLW players in their profiles last year.
They employ people to maintain the website and we get a very poorly updated set of information regarding the players.
I have also given this feedback to membership with n response...

Then there's the Collingwood forever site.
If you look at this now you would think that Scott Pendlebury has played fewer games than 38 other players with Tony Shaw still leading the pack. To not update it regularly, each week is an insult to the players, current ones especially...

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:08 pm

simon tonna wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
90 nice wrote:
AFL are a lefty woke organisation

The AFL is actually run by McLachlan, who comes from an old Adelaide monied and hard right-wing background, and whose old man (as head of the National Farmers Federation) was a chief conspirator in trying to smash the Maritime Union back in 1998. He is a National or Liberal Party man, through and through.

And here in lies the whole underpinning reasons the game feels so sanctioned.
The way you used to feel about how great and exciting it was growing up has been lost to political (in a business sense) is so typical of these people of power and influence.

David made a good point. We used to wait, but have become so desperate for content, that we need coverage 24/7/365.

Maybe it is good to get zero coverage so we start to look forward to the start of the year.

Saturation of cricket didn't help cricket to become the dominant sport in Australia. In fact, i'd say fewer people are interested in cricket today than back in day.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:25 pm

So we need zero coverage to look forward to the start of the year?
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:33 pm

Reminds me of the adage...

"Don't make too many promises. Then you can't SURPRISE people!!"

A fortnightly comprehensive training report from the Club would do it for me! There's only so much you can say about a herd of men doing the same thing over and over. It's all fantasy til Round 1.

We do a great job at that on here, that's for sure!!

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:49 pm

Yea, I love the info, and I'd like the site to be Professionally updated. In Italy, they have over a dozen daily newspapers on Soccer.

But we need to be aware…news is a business, and we don't want news being more central than the Sport it reports on.

The Sport itself keeps the sport interesting.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:55 pm

We have a new coach and new assistants.
In the last two years we've picked up a host of new young players.
How are they going?
Is training crisp and sharp?
Doesn't anyone want this information?
How about some interviews. Are the players finding things different since Bux and Banger left?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:09 am

uncanny wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Hi I was just wondering when you are going to update the player profiles on the official AFL site. There are no photos of the new players and no information on them. Could you also put more information about all the players in general, eg past player history or this player plays like..... or even player question and answer time. I would hope there is a media person employed by the club that can give supporters some basic daily or weekly information to keep us engaged. Thankyou🙂

Good point .
Same lack of information for the other teams. Didn't even post pictures of the VFLW players in their profiles last year.
They employ people to maintain the website and we get a very poorly updated set of information regarding the players.
I have also given this feedback to membership with n response...

Then there's the Collingwood forever site.
If you look at this now you would think that Scott Pendlebury has played fewer games than 38 other players with Tony Shaw still leading the pack. To not update it regularly, each week is an insult to the players, current ones especially...

The Collingwood forever site hasn't been updated since 2016!!! It still has CGU as a sponsor at the bottom of the page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: