Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's our ideal best 23 for September?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Love an on ball combo of De Goey and Nick Daicos and Pendles playing as centre.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The most difficult decision Fly will need to make imo, is whether to go into a finals campaign with Noble or Markov. There doesn't seem to be a spot for them both, given the form of other players in our defensive line-up. Noble worked his butt off over the pre-season to prove his worth to Fly, and for the most part, he has had a good season. He should be commended for responding to his dropping from our 2023 finals campaign, in such a determined and positive manner. However, his form seems to have dropped off a little, just at the time that other players, Markov among them, are returning from injury.

Love Leggy but it’s a no brainer for me between the two of them. Johnny Noble every day of the week. Noble gets so much more pill than Markov. Provides more overlap run too.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:36 am

Extremely tough choice but having considered the pros and cons, I have decided to go with Nobes. I just have this gut feeling that he will play out of his skin to redeem the sadness of being dropped for the GF last season. Having not sulked or had a hissy fit, he put his head down and worked hard on his game. He deserves to play ahead of Markov, just.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:14 am

I'm more Markov than Noble. Noble still is poor at shutting down his opponents. He is a fair attacking player and has made improvements in that sphere but his actual defending skills often aren't good enough and against better teams will cost us. Markov has better defensive skills as well as providing some run and attack. Markov gets my vote.

If the club do want to employ Noble's run - why not try him on a wing and keep Markov at half back? Works for me.

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:46 pm

Crisp and possibly WHE can potentially cover both Markov and Noble, which allows for HH and Richards to come in.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:03 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Cox has been poor but geez, in a final he’s bloody hard to match up on and doesn’t need to play 4 quarters to have an impact. I assume his form will improve and he’s injury free, on the condition of which I would pick him.

Yep, there have been plenty of games where he has been quiet for 3 qtrs, but in the last when the game is there to be won, he’s the difference. That’s usually due to players tiring and no longer being able to run 2-3 players at him in contests and his height stands up.

We just don’t have anyone else on the list who can provide that 2nd ruck option.

Thankfully we have looked ahead and recruited his replacement, but in 2024 and in our window, Cox must play.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:08 am

eddiesmith wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Cox has been poor but geez, in a final he’s bloody hard to match up on and doesn’t need to play 4 quarters to have an impact. I assume his form will improve and he’s injury free, on the condition of which I would pick him.

Yep, there have been plenty of games where he has been quiet for 3 qtrs, but in the last when the game is there to be won, he’s the difference. That’s usually due to players tiring and no longer being able to run 2-3 players at him in contests and his height stands up.

We just don’t have anyone else on the list who can provide that 2nd ruck option.

Thankfully we have looked ahead and recruited his replacement, but in 2024 and in our window, Cox must play.

As much as I like the big fella, given his decline in consistency and reliable good performances over the past couple of years, coupled with the effects of his current serious injuries, I am more excited at the prospect of us storming into the finals this year with Cameron as our main ruck, and a tall forward line of McStay, Krueger and Checkers. Support ruck roles can be shared by Krueger, McStay and Frampton. There's obviously many weeks to go before we can make definitive calls on our preferred line-up, and Cox may yet force his way back into our side in good form. I guess I'm just doubtful that will happen.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:14 pm

These Players WONT Make Collingwood's BEST 22 For FINALS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcF19kOtMH0

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
SLORT 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:43 am

People pumping up Kreuger as a ruck option should really take a minute to consider his history with injury. We gave up on Moore in the ruck because of his early fragility and yet we want to throw K in there (196cm) and hope he holds up. Give the guy a break (of the right kind...) and leave him in the forward line. McStay has much more experience in backing up in the ruck so, if not going with Cox, I think he should be the one playing cameo off the bench. The fact that he's missed so much football for the year would also make this a preferred option.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:06 pm

That makes sense Slort, except I doubt the club will risk McStay re-doing his ACL by throwing him into many ruck contests.
SLORT 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:49 am

I personally think he'd be less likely doing further damage in 1v1 ruck contests than 1vX aerials / on the lead. It's a weird situation. Kroog = injury prone, McStay coming back from knee, and Cox coming back from knee and prior to that in a form slump. Feels like there are a few options...for shooting ourselves in the foot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: