Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "game day experience" aint what it used to be

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I dont get is this supposed cost of living crisis, supermarket price gouging, price hikes, mortgage stress, struggle to put food on the table, etc. YET, footy crowds continue to be huge, 80 000 plus some matches, 90 000 now very common. Lets face it to have a good day at the footy, you need AT LEAST, $100 min, fares, match entry, food, couple of beers, and for families, its far more than that, has too be. Club memberships, most, are very expensive, some nearly $1000 , minimum, yet grounds are packed out weekly. I wonder how many " battlers " go to footy, spend their coin,then line up for food boxes at food banks, wben the cash has gone. And dont even start me, on footy gambling, the mass footy gambling industry buddy bet, and all that stuff, I just find it weird in a cost of living crisis, thats all.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
One thing I dont get is this supposed cost of living crisis, supermarket price gouging, price hikes, mortgage stress, struggle to put food on the table, etc. YET, footy crowds continue to be huge, 80 000 plus some matches, 90 000 now very common. Lets face it to have a good day at the footy, you need AT LEAST, $100 min, fares, match entry, food, couple of beers, and for families, its far more than that, has too be. Club memberships, most, are very expensive, some nearly $1000 , minimum, yet grounds are packed out weekly. I wonder how many " battlers " go to footy, spend their coin,then line up for food boxes at food banks, wben the cash has gone. And dont even start me, on footy gambling, the mass footy gambling industry buddy bet, and all that stuff, I just find it weird in a cost of living crisis, thats all.

I understand what you are saying but when I go I catch v/line train $5 and take my own food and drinks, so the cost is less than $10 plus the cost of my ticket.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:32 pm

MCG still has way better food in general then Marvel.
Marvel does drinks better tho and has a bigger range then the MCG.
MCG pies and hot dogs are great and have tomato sauce that you can actually get out of the little packaging.
As in terms of match day experiance i find it to take a bit more longer to get in due to the new turnstilles.
As on with on field goes too many bells and whistles.
And this loud shouting from the MC for the entertainment all it is is annoying.
Please just talk about the footy instead.
Somehow i would like say a represetive from say SEN go on the scoreboard and give a quater by quater report on the game like whow playing and well and more about the game.
Like sometime in the future we can hear commentry on the scoreboard at the MCG while the game is on. Thsi would be revolutionary.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:06 am

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:

Somehow i would like say a represetive from say SEN go on the scoreboard and give a quater by quater report on the game like whow playing and well and more about the game.
Like sometime in the future we can hear commentry on the scoreboard at the MCG while the game is on. Thsi would be revolutionary.

Really, with all the criticism of commentators I think that would be disastrous.

Piesnchess wrote:
One thing I dont get is this supposed cost of living crisis, supermarket price gouging, price hikes, mortgage stress, struggle to put food on the table, etc. YET, footy crowds continue to be huge, 80 000 plus some matches, 90 000 now very common. Lets face it to have a good day at the footy, you need AT LEAST, $100 min, fares, match entry, food, couple of beers, and for families, its far more than that, has too be.

It costs me nowhere near that. Buy a ticket and a bottle of water that I fill at the drink fountain, might buy a hot dog... might not. $5 on someone to kick the first goal and I'm set.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:02 am

Piesnchess wrote:

Ticket prices have been very good - the AFL freezing price increases is a good thing.

I would like to see free public transport travel on game day. It would be far easier if the gates at the train station were just open. That would stop the congestion at the gates as each patron has to scan a Myki.

Or at least do this for games where they anticipate for than 60,000 and the MCG and more than 35,000 at Marvel

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:48 pm

Skids wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:

Really, with all the criticism of commentators I think that would be disastrous.

I had a little radio that let you listen to the live TV broadcast while watching the game live. I thought it was brilliant, particularly when stuff was happening t the other end of the ground and hard to make out. I would frequently get people around me asking what was happening , why was a free kick paid, etc.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:13 am

[quote="stui magpie"][quote="Skids"]
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:

Do you have a phone? You know individuals can do this individually now right? I stream SEN live into my headphones while at the game. Their app can do this with no delay. It is revolutionary - but its available right now.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:40 am

Live digital commentary - now that's interesting. I bought a portable DAB radio for the same purpose, but there was a 5 second delay which made the experience too annoying.

If that's fixed, then great!

Maybe the MCG should stream live commentary via their app as well then.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:47 pm

SEN have paid to develop this technology - why on earth would they give it away? Intended as a product to bring you to their station. Also didnt know the MCG had an app.

Try it - on game day, go to the SEN app and its called SEN Sync. You can even change the delay so if youre at home you can also avoid listening to BT by setting the delay at around 28-30 seconds and it lines up perfect with the TV.

Highly recommend it.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:14 pm

piffdog wrote:
SEN have paid to develop this technology - why on earth would they give it away? Intended as a product to bring you to their station. Also didnt know the MCG had an app.

Try it - on game day, go to the SEN app and its called SEN Sync. You can even change the delay so if youre at home you can also avoid listening to BT by setting the delay at around 28-30 seconds and it lines up perfect with the TV.

Highly recommend it.

I agree, have been using it with my wireless Bluetooth buds and it works flawlessly. It’s great when play is on the other side of the ground!

BARRACK HARD!
aus50ford 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:05 pm

What annoys me the most is when the 'flashing lights, loud music, umpteen million repetitive adds, excessive announcements' are interrupted when 44 grown men run out on the field .....
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:17 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
The crowd gets so loud, my watch beeps to tell me the dB reading is dangerous for your hearing.

Seriously? What smartwatch is this? What's the dB reading? Question

Skids wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Normal population growth will see corresponding increases in crowds

Not sure many of the half million Indians or chinese coming into the country go to games Confused

Crowds are up 25% since 2016, I think the countries population has increased at less than half that rate.

AFL just needs to promote the game to them.

At least, they're doing a better job of it than Cricket Australia. CA really dropped the ball on that one.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:45 pm

Like april-sept have the curtain raisers back.
VFLW at 10am then the VFL then the AFL.
Make it a day out.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:58 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Like april-sept have the curtain raisers back.
VFLW at 10am then the VFL then the AFL.
Make it a day out.

Then the surface of the MCG diverts back to the quagmire it was during the 80s abd 90s; nobody is going to approve that again.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:51 pm

Used to love it when the MCG was a quagmire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: