Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:

I feel the following players are on the cusp of been omitted:
lipinksi Josh Daicos even Noble and to some extent Moore.

Seriously???? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm with him, Rudey - and you can add Nick Daicos: there were times when I felt that he just wasn't as tall as I'd like. Wink

We should trade Nick And Josh Daicos while they still have currency. Imagine the draft picks we could waste!
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:51 am

We havent played that great against these guys over the last 5 games or so (except for the flogging at the end of 2022 when their seasom was done).

We've stared down 20-30 point margins mid-game. We have to find a way to stop that happening - presume its a pretty high priority for the coaching staff.

Always curious what the conversation in the coaches group is like after the weekend - not so much because we lost (thats going top happen form time to time) - but how so many players cant get near the ball. Where is it falling down for average players to be having 6-8 touches and absolute gun players to be having 15?

Anyway, there will be a lot on the line for both teams for what shapes as a blockbuster. Dare I say it finals come early. I dont think our fate will be decided by this game, but its a game against a fellow finals aspirant.

Schultz the only significant in I would think - we should have the cattle though.

Will be a fascinating watch to see how our backline can improve with Wright, Langford and Stringer...

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:25 am

From the VFL info, all of Josh Eyre, Finn McCrae, Reef McInnes and Ned Long played well.
I don't think we would rush Josh Eyre in after just 3 VFL games, nor Ned Long. But both, if they continue good form, will provide much needed extra depth where we need it.
I was concerned about Lachie S's game against GCS. He didn't seem to play in the centre all that often, and had little impact where he did play.
Losing JFN is a blow to our defence, which is already not cohering well.
Does Reef McInnes fit back into the picture now ?
Does Fin make a return to the midfield for Sulli?
Think everyone agrees that JoeR plays in the 22 this week, apart from that I have really no idea how the team will be selected.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:02 pm

I like the look of Josh Eyre can play at both ends of the ground and looks the goods. Also nice and tall helps.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:12 pm

The outs are Noble and Beau (forced changes but they were both on the cusp in recent weeks anyway).

The ins are Schultz and Reef. Reef is a smart, mostly reliable footballer. Would play him high half forward and wing.

Team is considerably stronger with these inclusions, plus the “better for the run” status of JDG, Pendlebury and Mihocek.

Collingwood by 32 points.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:16 pm

Can not remember when we last had a 40 point win over both essendon and carlton
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:25 pm

I'll take one point wins.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:50 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Can not remember when we last had a 40 point win over both essendon and carlton

Essendon (it's been over 10 months since the last time): https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2023/040520230825.html

Carlton in 2015: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2015/030420150501.html

If you want to find the most recent season in which Collingwood beat both teams by at least 40 points, you have to go all the way back to 2013:

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2013/030420130705.html

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2013/040520130804.html
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:54 pm

With the likely inclusions of Shultz, Richards into the 22 and possibly McInnes, I hope the club considers W H E as a replacement in defence for Noble. He’s in good form and played well last time he was in defence. While I do like W H E wherever he plays these days, we should have enough goal kicking power up forward without a front six that needs to include him.
As an aside, I read that Long hadn’t played for 62 days prior to his VFL return on the weekend. That’s a lot of time out, so I doubt if he would come into calculations anytime soon.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:03 pm

Also i dont think expect tigers and dogs games in 2022 that under fly have ever lost 2 matches in a row.
Fly we have the nack of rebounding well after a loss.
I like Flys wind screen wiper concept.
Kind of wipe it off and we start a fresh type of approach.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:04 pm

Opps forgot last august 2023 that was a teribble month 3 in a row there blues hawks then lions.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:48 pm

Finish top 4 and anything may happen, but im not so sure we can do it. Loss to the Suns was a vital 4poiints, tho the comp is all over the shop,look at the GWS, even Swans lost.But, im not so sure we can do it again, lets face it, unlike last yr, its been a dreadful year for long term injuries, far, far more than last season. We dont have a settled side, most of the kids have been great, but we still really miss Cox, Jamie, Mitchell. Plus the eary retiement of Murphy has upset our back line,he was a vital cog, a key, and Moore and him worked really well as a team, Darcy misses him badly, hes a shadow of himself, he needs more assistance down back. And,finally, we are the hunted this season, not the hunter, every team,look at Norf, wants our scalp, its damn hard being reigning Premiers, always is. Personally, I fancy our chances far more next season, less injuries, some canny recruiting, like Bailey smith, no longer the hunted, a more settled side, our kids getting even better, like Harrison, Sullivan, Richards, De Mattia, and a fit McStay, and Dean.
To make top 4 now, we must beat the Dons, if we dont, I cannot see us making it, as our bogey team is next, the Dawks. Beat the Dons, and its season alive and well again.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:50 pm

Agreed Piesnchess, this is the test to gauge how realistic our chance to make the top four is. Lose this and top four becomes a very difficult destination. As I’ve said before, it all depends on which Collingwood team turns up. If they play like they have recently, it’s goodbye nurse ☹️
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:20 pm

If we can't beat the Bummers this week, we are not good enough to succeed in September.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
If we can't beat the Bummers this week, we are not good enough to succeed in September.

I agree.
We need to, and will, hit them hard.
There will be manic pressure throughout this game, - not just the final quarter.
As you say RB, if we lose, then we just aren't up to it.
But I am convinced that this team is up to it, mentally and physically.
Fly will pummel our guys with mental energy, and the challenge to reach the bar that each and one knows is his to reach.
I am confident about Friday night.
We have three of our stars back: Checkers, JDG, Pendles, all the better after last week.
We will have Schultz back.
Not back to full strength, but getting closer. And we know that the will to win is part of this team's DNA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: