Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Adams post-game interview is gut wrenching to say the least. These young men are as shattered as we are. The sun is shining so get down to Olympic Park and show your support. What a season...no one ever said life ( or sport) is fair.
Go pies and roll on 2019 ⚪️⚫️
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:29 am

think positive wrote:
Slept like a baby!
I’m a ball of anxiety these days, thanks to men-0-pause, (I can blame men for anything!) and today I’m calm.
What a year what a ride.
Nobody saw that coming, don’t pretend you did, not really.
We got smashed to smitherenes by injuries, we had a make shift forward and backline, headed by a first year player (Jayden Stephenson, you are a superstar in the making) and a big lanky yank still learning the game.
We lost the first two games and were down three goals to our mortal enemy week three!
How the hell Bucks got past that I have no idea! I have no clue how we ended up in a Grand Final just 6 months later! The team that over the last few years has looked like a rabble at times with no real cohesion is now a solid TEAM unit, taking on all comers. It took a team of mountains and experience, some really dodgy umpire calls, a freak final goal, and unfortunately the ball literally wasn’t bouncing our way. 5 points, one straight kick.

Seriously I hope a few posters here read back their posts and feel a bit grotty for them. How can you honestly take pot shots at the team, the coach the club? This year quite frankly started out promising us nothing. We have over achieved in spades, and no, once again the fairytale didn’t come for us.

That’s ok, when we win they won’t be calling us the worst, or the second worst team to win a grand final, as has been said of the past two winners. They won’t call it a fluke.it will come at a time when we are once again feared and hated, as is our birthright. And we will own it. All of it.

Hopefully we trade hard, make a couple of hard calls and get a nice big bodied KPP. Now is not the time to tuck your tail and run away, get your big girl panties on and look people in the eye and tell them **** you, I’m proud of my team. This was never ours for the taking, the Gods, the AFL. All conspired against us, and they only just won.

I’m done reading the negative bullshit here, seriously, if you can’t find the good from this season, then your no better than all the kids these days who want the easy way for everything.

A couple of years ago the eagles lost a GF by more than 5 points, and most of that team are still there. This year we got far more valuable experience than we could have ever dreamed of. If that can’t get your arse on a seat at the G round 1 next season then I got nothin for ya!

Go Pies!

I’m with you Jo.

The past month has been really tiring and stressful for me for a variety of reasons, by the end of yesterday’s game I was so mentally spent couldn’t even cry. The 21 year old and red headed chick were devastated, even more so by the comments via social media from of some of their so called friends after the game (most of whom don’t even follow footy).

But each time I feel a bit sad I think of Travis Varcoe and the pain & grief he has gone through in the past month. He has shown such resilience, now more than ever he needs to have the love and support of the Collingwood family.

Today we will go to the Holden Centre to celebrate the good things from 2018 and thank the boys for the wonderful ride.

Tomorrow is the ceremonial washing of the scarves and footy jumpers to remove any bad juju, then pack for a week in Queensland.

Whatever the future brings, it will always be Good Old Collingwood Forever.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:41 am

What boils my piss is, you don’t hear from people during the year, then all of a sudden, we lose a GF & the fk’ers come outta the woodwork.

I never gloat to others, nor do I hang it on other supporters to their face, (I do comment on here though).
I just go about my business, yet because I go for COLL, others enjoy texting, countless msgs on FB, flooding my feed with fkn shitty memes.

Needless to say, I have unfriended a few people & blocked a few numbers, including my brother!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:47 am

This is the hardest loss in football and unfortunately it's one our club knows all too well. We weren't supposed to make it this far but we did just by sheer determination and will. We dared to dream. We faced adversity all throughout the year with chronic injuries to key players; that forced us to readjust and cobble together what appeared to be a makeshift team; a team which played beyond their and probably our wildest dreams. I'm proud of how far we've come but it doesn't make the hurt and pain go away. I'm shattered and numb. I have this overwhelming feeling of despair that won't go away. I feel empty inside. Shattered and exhausted. It wasn't supposed to end this way. How do we as a club move on from this?

What yesterdays' result showed is what we're lacking, and that's at least 2 KPP up forward and down back. They literally marked everything and controlled the game that way by setting up much of their play. We had no tall targets down back to repel their attacks and were always going to be up against it. In saying that they were gallant and fought well.

Our key mids were shut out of the game and when we had the ball we were often pressured into long kicks to a contest which their defense was on to. When they spread we were caught out of position and forced to play catch up. We were never allowed to control the game on our terms. I always had this sickening feeling that they were going to come back at us despite our excellent start. What worked against richmond was not going to be enough against 4 key talls and a solid backline.

Some of the posts on here in response to the loss have been shocking and disgraceful. Blaming umpires, bucks', the midfield, the runner, selection committee. The list goes on. You control the ball, you control the game. This team tried their guts out. If we get some luck with injuries and recruit some KPPs in the draft then there's no reason why we can't atone for yesterday's result.
Medieval 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 am

ANNODAM wrote:
What boils my piss is, you don’t hear from people during the year, then all of a sudden, we lose a GF & the fk’ers come outta the woodwork.

I never gloat to others, nor do I hang it on other supporters to their face, (I do comment on here though).
I just go about my business, yet because I go for COLL, others enjoy texting, countless msgs on FB, flooding my feed with fkn shitty memes.

Needless to say, I have unfriended a few people & blocked a few numbers, including my brother!

Peas in a pod, ANNODAM. I rarely speak about footy on SM, as I’m of the belief that unless you win it, you’ve got nothing to say. I too have blocked many people, not friends as they fortunately haven’t crossed the line, but plenty of people on public pages that are either sore winners or other teams’ supporters revelling in our defeat.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 am

I am the same. Happy to talk footy with anyone who actually follows the game, others I don’t waste my time with.

One of my uncles (Richmond supporter) put up a nasty comment on Facebook. Needless to say he won’t be on the family invite list for a while, especially as we were all happy for him last year.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:51 am

mabo wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
You learn a lot about some Collingwood “ supporters “ when you read the post match threads

Folks are just venting, I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

For mine, I think there were a number of umpire calls both ways that weren't called. I also thought Pendles was well off of it and was very much looking his age.

As bad as we're feeling about this loss, I imagine Alex Woodward ('The Runner') will be feeling even worse for a very long time.

Agree entirely on the umpiring - they just did not pay loads of free kicks to both teams. Pendles just doesn't have that extra time when he gets the ball now, and Sidebottom was well tagged. We were great and did all we could, but I just thought, pre and post game, that we needed to roll the dice on Moore or Reid given the Eagles massive height advantage. It wore us down in the end
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:52 am

^^^^
We lost it in the midfield.
It is where I said the game would be lost or won.
Forwards and backs broke even.
It was the mids that let us down.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:13 am

masoncox wrote:
^^^^
We lost it in the midfield.
It is where I said the game would be lost or won.
Forwards and backs broke even.
It was the mids that let us down.

This should be the serious focus for the Club post season. We knew we had many first choice defenders missing and that we could not field our preferred forward line. Yet, we held up, well enough, at both ends of the ground. Meanwhile, we thrashed them in the hitouts and won clearances but couldn’t make anything out of that, even though we had our first choice midfield (absent a 35 year old who may never play again) on the park. I never expected Collingwood to lose a game of football against that opposition because our starting midfield couldn’t do anything useful with the footy. Given what we’ve invested in that bunch (and how long many of them are contracted for), that is a very real concern.

West Coast are better than us all over the field, EXCEPT where they won the game.

It may merely be that beating three teams in a row that we’d gone 0-6 against in 2018 was a bridge too far. It may be that our mids had to work too hard to get the team into the big game. It may be that they played their Grand Final the previous week. I don’t know what the cause of it was but I certainly didn’t expect the Collingwood midfield to be outrun by West Coast’s when ours was coming off an eight-day break. Very, very concerning. In a way, I would have been much less troubled if Kennedy and Darling had got hold of us early and killed the game because we knew we were weak at that end of the park. Getting beaten at what every single one of us thought was our strength was a tragedy.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:16 am

Well up after a very sleepless night.
So much could be said and venting for me just isnt gonna do me any good.

What I can say is I am extremely proud of the boys and the ride they have given us this year. Its been an incredible journey watching this group bond through adversity.

We can and will be so much stronger for this defeat.

I love this club and although we were beaten, we can hold our heads high.

Go Pies and bring on 2019.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:25 am

swooper wrote:
Taylor Adams post-game interview is gut wrenching to say the least. These young men are as shattered as we are. The sun is shining so get down to Olympic Park and show your support. What a season...no one ever said life ( or sport) is fair.
Go pies and roll on 2019 ⚪️⚫️

Gut wrenching it was. Really hard to watch, but I forced myself to get through it.

Anyone who bags any player after watching that should go support the Scum instead.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:25 am

Even though the incident was directly in front of where I stood yesterday; I Just got my first decent look at the Maynard block that resulted in pretty much the match winning goal on channel 7. We were robbed. No doubt about it. The greatest player of all time is adamant that a free kick shoulda been paid too. Not much can be done about it now though.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:27 am

Damien wrote:
Just got my first good look at the Maynard block that resulted in pretty much the match winning goal. We were robbed. The greatest player of all time is adamant that a free kick shoulda been paid too. Not much can be done about it now though.

It WAS the match winning goal 😥

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Slept like a baby!
I’m a ball of anxiety these days, thanks to men-0-pause, (I can blame men for anything!) and today I’m calm.
What a year what a ride.
Nobody saw that coming, don’t pretend you did, not really.
We got smashed to smitherenes by injuries, we had a make shift forward and backline, headed by a first year player (Jayden Stephenson, you are a superstar in the making) and a big lanky yank still learning the game.
We lost the first two games and were down three goals to our mortal enemy week three!
How the hell Bucks got past that I have no idea! I have no clue how we ended up in a Grand Final just 6 months later! The team that over the last few years has looked like a rabble at times with no real cohesion is now a solid TEAM unit, taking on all comers. It took a team of mountains and experience, some really dodgy umpire calls, a freak final goal, and unfortunately the ball literally wasn’t bouncing our way. 5 points, one straight kick.

Seriously I hope a few posters here read back their posts and feel a bit grotty for them. How can you honestly take pot shots at the team, the coach the club? This year quite frankly started out promising us nothing. We have over achieved in spades, and no, once again the fairytale didn’t come for us.

That’s ok, when we win they won’t be calling us the worst, or the second worst team to win a grand final, as has been said of the past two winners. They won’t call it a fluke.it will come at a time when we are once again feared and hated, as is our birthright. And we will own it. All of it.

Hopefully we trade hard, make a couple of hard calls and get a nice big bodied KPP. Now is not the time to tuck your tail and run away, get your big girl panties on and look people in the eye and tell them **** you, I’m proud of my team. This was never ours for the taking, the Gods, the AFL. All conspired against us, and they only just won.

I’m done reading the negative bullshit here, seriously, if you can’t find the good from this season, then your no better than all the kids these days who want the easy way for everything.

A couple of years ago the eagles lost a GF by more than 5 points, and most of that team are still there. This year we got far more valuable experience than we could have ever dreamed of. If that can’t get your arse on a seat at the G round 1 next season then I got nothin for ya!

Go Pies!

I’m with you Jo.

The past month has been really tiring and stressful for me for a variety of reasons, by the end of yesterday’s game I was so mentally spent couldn’t even cry. The 21 year old and red headed chick were devastated, even more so by the comments via social media from of some of their so called friends after the game (most of whom don’t even follow footy).

But each time I feel a bit sad I think of Travis Varcoe and the pain & grief he has gone through in the past month. He has shown such resilience, now more than ever he needs to have the love and support of the Collingwood family.

Today we will go to the Holden Centre to celebrate the good things from 2018 and thank the boys for the wonderful ride.

Tomorrow is the ceremonial washing of the scarves and footy jumpers to remove any bad juju, then pack for a week in Queensland.

Whatever the future brings, it will always be Good Old Collingwood Forever.

I was shocked by a couple of texts I got while still at the fame in 2011, I didn’t get any yesterday, probably because I’m a different person now, I just stopped taking it. I have never ever dished it out, I lived through all those losses before 1990, I know the pain too well. I have a reply ready if I cop anything! 1 person in particular is very passive aggressive, it will be the nail in the coffin if she speaks!

Look for the woman with the gorgeous daughter with long hair, and the big camera in her hands! I’ll be looking for the red haired chick! Cheers

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:33 am

slangman wrote:
Damien wrote:
Just got my first good look at the Maynard block that resulted in pretty much the match winning goal. We were robbed. The greatest player of all time is adamant that a free kick shoulda been paid too. Not much can be done about it now though.

It WAS the match winning goal 😥

Absolutely 100% a block/hold, free kick any other day. They were letting them go at the other end all day with Cox, so I'm not surprised.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 21 of 31   

Jump to: