Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNODAM wrote:
What boils my piss is, you dont hear from people during the year, then all of a sudden, we lose a GF & the fkers come outta the woodwork.

I never gloat to others, nor do I hang it on other supporters to their face, (I do comment on here though).
I just go about my business, yet because I go for COLL, others enjoy texting, countless msgs on FB, flooding my feed with fkn shitty memes.

Needless to say, I have unfriended a few people & blocked a few numbers, including my brother!

Ditto!

Its funny no matter how well I behave towards others Im still shocked by the shitty behaviour I sometimes still cop, and the fact Im surprised surprises me too!

Wont change me though, just keep being the bigger person, they aint worth it

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:37 am

I went to bed early, because I just couldn't face doing anything or talking to anyone. Actually slept pretty well considering.

When I woke up this morning, for me, the sun hasn't come up. I'm still in a pretty dark place - this one has really knocked me about for some reason. Maybe because I know how much the players are hurting. So many great stories, so close.

I have nothing but admiration for the players. Some played better than others, but none of them left anything out there. This was a gutsy performance - has been all through the finals. Thats what hurts so much and I am gutted for the players.

As we all know too well, there are no guarantees that we will be back on this day next year, that's why it hurts so much.

The trade period will be very interesting, and one way or another, will go a long way towards determining whether we will be contenders again next year or not.

Its obvious now why we were after both Lynch & May. We might end up with neither of them. We must be aggressive during this trade period. The Club knows what we need - time go just go out there & get it.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:40 am

I've unfriended a few people. There's a line between joking around the Aussie way, and being a nasty vindictive prick, and too many people are falling in the latter. A bloke at work has been a nasty vindictive anti-Collingwood prick all week -- I confronted him, and he said he doesn't even follow footy. If he starts up tomorrow again...

My dad copped this crap. I copped this crap. My kids will cop this crap.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:57 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I've unfriended a few people. There's a line between joking around the Aussie way, and being a nasty vindictive prick, and too many people are falling in the latter. A bloke at work has been a nasty vindictive anti-Collingwood prick all week -- I confronted him, and he said he doesn't even follow footy. If he starts up tomorrow again...

My dad copped this crap. I copped this crap. My kids will cop this crap.

Yeah, I feel for my kids as well after a loss.
Although it's school holidays for another week, my eldest has a VCE practice exam on Tuesday, she's not looking forward to going in that's for sure.
Luckily, our school has predominantly COLL supporters being located in the inner North, so they'll be others in the same boat.

Misery loves company as they say!

Circa: Footscray 1979, GF Eve at school, this Yr 6 kid said to me:
If COLL beat Carlton tomorrow, I'm gonna bash you at school on Monday.

I thought: Shit OK, he barracks for Carlton. I'll just try to avoid the prick for as long as I can & hope he forgets.
Then he says: And if Carlton beat COLL, I'm still gonna bash 'ya!

Yep, I got bashed Monday morning & so began my hatred of the Scum...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:39 am

We where Lucky to be close as we where as for 3 Qtrs we where Easily Outplayed
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:40 am

Leggie wrote:
Well up after a very sleepless night.
So much could be said and venting for me just isnt gonna do me any good.

What I can say is I am extremely proud of the boys and the ride they have given us this year. Its been an incredible journey watching this group bond through adversity.

We can and will be so much stronger for this defeat.

I love this club and although we were beaten, we can hold our heads high.

Go Pies and bring on 2019.

Yep, well said Leggie - I know it'll be hard for you over there, but nothing will stop the true supporters from loving this club...

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:46 am

pablo wrote:
Hi all

Read some of the posts here, but can't bring mself to read all of them.
What I did notice is that there is some anger toward our club, our players, our coach which is not fair. I hope that in a couple of days that those with such anger are able to take a more balanced perspective.

Ironically, I can't.
It is ridiculous, but mental health issues are - I have been having unrelenting panic attacks since our loss. I can't keep it together. Anyone who has had them knows that it's not just a matter of hardening up - I wish to god I could. I haven't had a chance to be devestated that Collingwood lost because I just can't get my fight or flight response in check, triggered by the loss.

For me, I genuinely don't think I can support Collingwood (or AFL) any longer, I just can't take it. I am not prolific on here anyway.

Why am I telling you this? I don't know. I guess out of all our supporters, I can't be the only one and maybe those people should know they're not suffering alone.
For those who are angry, be disappointed, try not to be angry - there are more important things to direct emotional energy to.

Thanks

P

Hang in there Pablo...you're not suffering alone. Think of all the happiness the pies have given us this year - what a fantastic ride it was - and it's not over yet.

Crying tears for you...and many others...keep your chin up...we'll be back, and better for it!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^
We lost it in the midfield.
It is where I said the game would be lost or won.
Forwards and backs broke even.
It was the mids that let us down.

This should be the serious focus for the Club post season. We knew we had many first choice defenders missing and that we could not field our preferred forward line. Yet, we held up, well enough, at both ends of the ground. Meanwhile, we thrashed them in the hitouts and won clearances but couldnt make anything out of that, even though we had our first choice midfield (absent a 35 year old who may never play again) on the park. I never expected Collingwood to lose a game of football against that opposition because our starting midfield couldnt do anything useful with the footy. Given what weve invested in that bunch (and how long many of them are contracted for), that is a very real concern.

West Coast are better than us all over the field, EXCEPT where they won the game.

It may merely be that beating three teams in a row that wed gone 0-6 against in 2018 was a bridge too far. It may be that our mids had to work too hard to get the team into the big game. It may be that they played their Grand Final the previous week. I dont know what the cause of it was but I certainly didnt expect the Collingwood midfield to be outrun by West Coasts when ours was coming off an eight-day break. Very, very concerning. In a way, I would have been much less troubled if Kennedy and Darling had got hold of us early and killed the game because we knew we were weak at that end of the park. Getting beaten at what every single one of us thought was our strength was a tragedy.

We didn't smash them in the centre clearances. I thought
Grundy's ruckwork was curtailed most of the time. We need bigger bodies with speed and talent (welcome Brayden Sier) and KP talls: they monstered us when it mattered to kick enough to win. The Pies showed a lot of mettle to have nearly won the game.

Your mate Langdon did a marvellous job as he did in the finals.

Stephenson and Mayne played well.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:03 pm

I was gutted yesterday,and remain so today. Our magnificent team , so brave, so tenacious throughout this year has just fallen short at the very end.Their disappointment must be just searing through the veins right now. As for me, i just feel numb inside, like nothing matters.
My congratulations to our heroic team and coaches this year who came so close to achieving the impossible:winning the flag, backs against the wall with a crippling injury list and a club under so much pressure and scrutiny after several years of disappointing performances. It was truly an extraordinary year where we saw exploding on to the scene sheer brilliance of talent, and the emergence of a powerful team solidarity and a refusal to ever give up which was almost enough to win the ultimate prize.
This team will recover from its heartbreak, as it has from every setback this year.
The priority right now for me is to get Tom Langdon signed up. His last half of the year was wonderful, and his performance throughout the Finals was extraordinary. He will be a crucial element in our defence next year.
The devastation i feel now is hard to tolerate, but already i can sense the growing sense of hope and expectation for next year. This year has certainly proven that we have established the basis of a very powerful team.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Watching the replay now; they didn't score their first goal until 1:38 left on the clock.

And two dodgy free kicks in a row to WCE, and an incorrect advantage, and a half mark to Kennedy, and we are 5 goals to 2....

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:09 pm

tbaker wrote:
pablo wrote:
Hi all

Read some of the posts here, but can't bring mself to read all of them.
What I did notice is that there is some anger toward our club, our players, our coach which is not fair. I hope that in a couple of days that those with such anger are able to take a more balanced perspective.

Ironically, I can't.
It is ridiculous, but mental health issues are - I have been having unrelenting panic attacks since our loss. I can't keep it together. Anyone who has had them knows that it's not just a matter of hardening up - I wish to god I could. I haven't had a chance to be devestated that Collingwood lost because I just can't get my fight or flight response in check, triggered by the loss.

For me, I genuinely don't think I can support Collingwood (or AFL) any longer, I just can't take it. I am not prolific on here anyway.

Why am I telling you this? I don't know. I guess out of all our supporters, I can't be the only one and maybe those people should know they're not suffering alone.
For those who are angry, be disappointed, try not to be angry - there are more important things to direct emotional energy to.

Thanks

P

Hang in there Pablo...you're not suffering alone. Think of all the happiness the pies have given us this year - what a fantastic ride it was - and it's not over yet.

Crying tears for you...and many others...keep your chin up...we'll be back, and better for it!

Pablo, take some time in the offseason. Seek some therapy. The Pies will be back to fight again and hopefully you will be there to support them too.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Watching the replay now; they didn't score their first goal until 1:38 left on the clock.

And two dodgy free kicks in a row to WCE, and an incorrect advantage, and a half mark to Kennedy, and we are 5 goals to 2....

I just saw that too.It definitely wasn't a mark to Kennedy,he dropped it straight away.The umpires did their best to get the eagles back into the game in the first quarter.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:17 pm

I just saw that too.It definitely wasn't a mark to Kennedy,he dropped it straight away.The umpires did their best to get the eagles back into the game in the third quarter.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:18 pm

Doc63 wrote:
I went to bed early, because I just couldn't face doing anything or talking to anyone. Actually slept pretty well considering.

When I woke up this morning, for me, the sun hasn't come up. I'm still in a pretty dark place - this one has really knocked me about for some reason. Maybe because I know how much the players are hurting. So many great stories, so close.

I have nothing but admiration for the players. Some played better than others, but none of them left anything out there. This was a gutsy performance - has been all through the finals. Thats what hurts so much and I am gutted for the players.

As we all know too well, there are no guarantees that we will be back on this day next year, that's why it hurts so much.

The trade period will be very interesting, and one way or another, will go a long way towards determining whether we will be contenders again next year or not.

Its obvious now why we were after both Lynch & May. We might end up with neither of them. We must be aggressive during this trade period. The Club knows what we need - time go just go out there & get it.

Great post.

Like you, I've taken this loss pretty hard. I'm more devastated than previous Grand Finals we've lost consisting of 2002, 2003 and 2011. I was pretty upbeat in 2011 because we won in 2010 and believed we'd get back to the top in 2012 but it never happened. A lot of people have the same attitude with us getting back to the top next year but unfortunately there's no guarantee that will happen.

There is no question that every player gave it their best shot and everything we've achieved this year we should be proud of. No one thought we'd make the Grand Final and even during our rise, a lot of people were often dismissive of what we were building.

Coaches and players will no doubt be gutted and hurting right now, so we will feel their pain and suffering with them.

2019 feels like an unknown now. It will be interesting to see how the players back up from this year and whether they can replicate their performances and hopefully go one step further in its path to premiership glory. A tougher fixture and higher expectations will be a factor now.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Turned quickly, didn't it? Adding insult to injury, the umps had made it clear from the first bounce they were letting holds go, when Pendles was clearly being held illegally. And then in the last couple of minutes, they pull an iffy one out for Shuey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 22 of 31   

Jump to: