Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's the last movie you watched?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 222, 223, 224 ... 238, 239, 240  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Bruce did make some good movies back in the day.

The Die Hard series
The Last Boy Scout was seriously under rated
5th Element was great
Sin City was a SFU movie but I loved it and he was great in it.
Pulp Fiction

But the fact is, he's been doing straight to video shite for mostly 10 years. RED was quite good but it's the exception.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Willis_filmography

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:55 pm

selling a couple of things on market place and this guy rocked up tonight, i saw some Canon boxes in the back of his car, and we got chatting, he teaches doctors how to take photos of their patients! his wife sent me his website address, and....mind blown!!

David, you would love his short films, a couple are on subjects close to your heart!

this one is the story of a refugee, just wow!

https://www.woodrow-wilson.net/meet-fadak

he said get the R6 not the R5, in the new mirrorless range, as did another photography teacher when i emailed him! im humbled, and ill listen!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:15 am

Just back on Bruce, seems like he really should have given it away 2 years ago.

Apparently, for the last 2 years, they've been wheeling the poor bugger onto movie sets ($2M for 2 days work) when he didn't know where he was, what he was supposed to do and they'd feed him his lines through a tiny earpiece.

Dunno about Aphasia, sounds like the poor bastard has dementia.

Anyway, by way of apologies to TP, here's a little love letter to Bruce and his acting ability.

Quote:
With their hulking machismo and chiselled marble physiques, Sly and Arnie always conjured the feeling they were gods transcending the reality of man – icons, even when they were supposed to be everyman swept up into some sweaty roided-up riot. Willis’s movie star magic, on the other hand, has been the lack of that illusion. He truly captured the power of being the actual real guy stuck in an action movie, armed with nothing but human instinct to survive.

The announcement that he is retiring from acting due to diagnosed aphasia impacting his cognitive abilities feels more significant than just an icon walking off the stage – it feels like heartbreak. He was more than just a movie star. He was a real person.

He has had a career worthy of celebration, marked by some of the greats of genre cinema and surprising character work that challenged our perception of him.

https://www.theage.com.au/culture/movies/die-hard-and-beyond-the-six-movie-performances-that-defined-bruce-willis-20220331-p5a9tv.html

I've never heard of some of these 6, but great to see 5th Element and Last Boy Scout sneak in for honourable mentions.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:41 am

That’s very well put. One I haven’t seen I’ll look for it cheers

My eldest actually rang me this morning and said I’m so sorry ….
Funny the kid I thought was less empathetic was the only one who got it!!

Yes that statement is exactly how I feel

Heartbreak and yes for someone I’ll never meet! I’ve watch 2 people lose their minds to dementia, it’s so $£$%^%%$ cruel

Cheers

Love ya Bruce xx

edit, i remember seeing this and its always stuck in my mind, hes not his usual gorgeous self, hes just an old man, a drunkard cop, (so yeah die hard without the shaved head and goofy grins!!) i love this one

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450232/

16 blocks

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:04 pm

I really enjoyed Pulp Fiction, 12 Monkeys, 5th Element, the first Die Hard, and the one where he plays a dead guy.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:12 pm

the sixth sense,

i really love Die Hard 4 with Justin Long!
the little looks, it cracks me up!!
i look at my kids like that sometimes!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:06 pm

The Running Man (1987)
The film was mentioned at work, so I watched it after many years. It's made in '87, but set in 2017.

Big (1988)
Another mentioned at work. Loved this as a kid. Watching this now, you cant help but notice the lack of police involvement into a childs disappearance. I guess you're not supposed to think of that as an 80's family fun film.

But here's the funny thing. I SWEAR the ending was different to how I remember it. I was sure Hank's love interest showed up at the end, but as a 13 year old girl.... instead he's shown walking down the street with his pal when the credits roll. Am I insane?

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:08 pm

Interesting! Apparently you’re not the only one – this is from the IMDb trivia page:

Quote:
Some believe that a home video release of this movie in New Zealand included an alternate ending. The alternate ending allegedly shows young Josh sitting in his classroom at school when he turns around to notice a young female classmate of whom who he recognizes as Susan- who went back to the fairground machine and wished that she was Josh's age. Some claim that this version was also seen on Latin American television. The Book of Lists, Canadian Edition, 2005 includes the following account: "During test screenings, an additional scene was included at the end, in which Josh is back at school, and a new girl named Susan arrives. The implication is that Susan used the same machine to make herself young to grow up with Josh. Due to audience feedback, this scene was cut, and so the movie ends when Josh goes back home.

#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:28 pm

Delete.

Last edited by #26 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:18 pm

David wrote:
Interesting! Apparently you’re not the only one – this is from the IMDb trivia page:

Quote:
Some believe that a home video release of this movie in New Zealand included an alternate ending. The alternate ending allegedly shows young Josh sitting in his classroom at school when he turns around to notice a young female classmate of whom who he recognizes as Susan- who went back to the fairground machine and wished that she was Josh's age. Some claim that this version was also seen on Latin American television. The Book of Lists, Canadian Edition, 2005 includes the following account: "During test screenings, an additional scene was included at the end, in which Josh is back at school, and a new girl named Susan arrives. The implication is that Susan used the same machine to make herself young to grow up with Josh. Due to audience feedback, this scene was cut, and so the movie ends when Josh goes back home.

Man I'm sure I remember that ending. My brother reckons im thinking of a film called 14 going on 30... I dunno??

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:01 pm

Spiderman no way home. Fkn brilliant
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Spiderman no way home. Fkn brilliant

William Dafoe as the Green Goblin was the star of the film.

Blew it away as he did 20 years earlier.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:20 pm

Presti35 wrote:
The Running Man (1987)
The film was mentioned at work, so I watched it after many years. It's made in '87, but set in 2017.

Big (1988)
Another mentioned at work. Loved this as a kid. Watching this now, you cant help but notice the lack of police involvement into a childs disappearance. I guess you're not supposed to think of that as an 80's family fun film.

But here's the funny thing. I SWEAR the ending was different to how I remember it. I was sure Hank's love interest showed up at the end, but as a 13 year old girl.... instead he's shown walking down the street with his pal when the credits roll. Am I insane?

love the running man!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:38 pm

into the wild. riveting and sad
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:30 am

For anybody wanting some pure enjoyment without the modern day absence of imagination, decent scriptwriting or competent acting, the original Italian Job is on Gem today at 2.55.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 222, 223, 224 ... 238, 239, 240  Next
Page 223 of 240   

Jump to: