Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete 70 wrote:
Still feel numb. Don’t think I’ve felt this bad after a game before - I remember leaving the 81 gf in tears as an 11 year old but this just hurts. So forcing myself to be cold hard rational (not sure if this is cathartic but here goes):

+ WC have objectivity a better squad with The two let forwards and McGovern
+ I didn’t really comprehend wether it was purely from a football perspective a good match; neutral friends of mine maintained it was a great contest. There is this narrative that they smashed us, but actually they couldn’t put us away. They pushed and pushed and we soaked it up and then came again.
+ The umpiring is genuinely atrocious. Third quarter 18 minute mark Grundy marks and then gets tackled - call is dropping the ball. It should have been a 50. Then Varcoe gets a free for a brilliant tackle a minute later and after the free is paid he’s tackled. 50 every f..ing day. Thomas tackled - even the west coast cheer squad in the commnetary box said it should have been paid. We kick two at the start of the last and surprise surprise - they get a soft free kick.
+ Adams - a warrior. Coxes third was brilliant he threw everything in.
+ we have a makeshift backline, three first years (hell Sier has played what 13 games), and still they cannot break us.
+ And then Maynard. Well the commentator some say was the best player ever says it’s clearly a free. Hell even their coach says I thought he played on. He clearly takes two steps for are after stopping. Play on. Either of those appalling two decisions are called correctly. Who knows.
+ So as good as they are and as (so lots of people here think) dominat; they cannot make us bend. We just get robbed. That’s all.
+ I’m sorry at the pain some of you have experienced. There are some knobs out there. I actually never slag off at any opposition supporters after we win because I know how bad the hurt is, trust me you don’t want to ever be I NSW watching a GF with people yellin out “oh well done number 4”. But here’s the thing. They couldn’t bend us, and I have something no opposition supporter can take away - pride in my football club. There has been some dark days. But the strength of this group is pretty special. The giant awakes. The real one.
+ Enjoy the summer break everyone - it’s game on. If I were Darcy I’d sign whatever they put in front of me.

Love this post.

58pie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:54 pm

If Darcy or Reidy could have walked to the G one of them should have played. Greenwood should have made way and that is easy to say now it was a no brainer at the selection table. 3 big Eagles up forward ( add Vardy) and another down back. Yes, the umpires are useless in a tight last quarter. Scared to make a mistake that would affect the outcome, they just go with the flow. We were just as good in the last quarter and would have been just as deserved winners. Our injuries unearthed some goers and some that may not make it. Hope Murray?'!! and Elliot are up and about we go and just get Lynch because he would be wasted at Tigerland after our fantastic Prelim. No one will leave us out of a top four pick in 2019. Go Pies lovely to be back in finals.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:05 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
My son said after the 2011 GF, and my daughter said after yesterday's loss "Oh well, there's always next year!" But the fact is there isn't. There's no guarantees.

That's the thing with kids isn't it, they have a different view point.
My own kids also have the same mindset, as did I once upon a time when I was their age, there's always next year & then the year after that, always the optimist.
However the following season comes & goes, we find ourselves that little bit older & wiser & for some, reality finally sets in & you start to realise that fk, there may not be a next year...
The GF losses just keep adding up & eventually they start to take their toll, there's only so much one can take.
Now the next generation are starting to endure & understand the pain us oldies have been going through.

Yes, poor kids, welcome to our world of pain, anxiety, bitter disappointment, sadness, yesterday was just de ja vu, over and over and over again, it seeminlgly never ever ends. sigh. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Damien wrote:
Even though the incident was directly in front of where I stood yesterday; I Just got my first decent look at the Maynard block that resulted in pretty much the match winning goal on channel 7. We were robbed. No doubt about it. The greatest player of all time is adamant that a free kick shoulda been paid too. Not much can be done about it now though.

I was on the other side of the ground, and we all thought that the issue was about Sheed having played on. It's fairly difficult to see the block from the TV angle - from behind the players. Matthews also pointed out that there were only 4 frees payed in the last quarter, that in itself is just not right, and made tagging a lot easier - so favoured the Weagles.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:38 pm

Pendles inherited the Travis Cloke curse. Get held and blocked illegally, and the umpires won't see it.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:49 pm

I've never been prouder to support the Mighty Magpies.
This is a hard time.
This was (for personal reasons) the most important game in my life.
I'm shattered. We're all shattered, but let's hold our head up.
This team will make us ALL even prouder in the coming years.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:56 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Yesterday is the outcome that has finally broken my spirit. My dear friends know and understand the 'Black Dog' that stalks me every day of my life. The loss simply compounds my misery.

I agree with Leigh Matthews on the Maynard 'non-decision' and bemoan that Treloar's final kick did not carry another two foot higher and pas the pack to land in De Goey's lap for the sealer.

I will always love our Club but my mental health will not survive another disappointment like yesterday. I am shattered and taking a break from Nick's to lick my wounds.

Floret Pica Magpie faithful- our turn will come, of that I'm certain.

Hang in there...we can truly be optimistic about the next few years. This is the opening of the window, not the closing...

choppa 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Still hurts like hell
They were only in front for 9 minutes bloody hell
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Phillips freezes under pressure. Need to upgrade this position. Cant mark, cant tackle, can break tackles, too slow.

Chris Mayne can potentially be an AA wingman next year, if he keeps it up and continues to improve. What he does is amazing if only he can raise that bar further. Some big marks and fantastic pressure, yet so evasive. One of the best on the ground IMO. Id have Mayne locked in for Right wing next year.

Hawthorn in talks with Chad Wingard, we need to Gazump this. Chad Wingard can be very important for Collingwood on the Left Wing next year.

Fingers crossed Jamie Elliot comes good. And he can fill DeGoeys spot once he becomes a full time Mid.

For me, if im going to be extremely critical. Then upgrading Phillips ( too slow, not aggresive enough, cant mark, cant tackle etc ) and Fading out Pendlebury ( Too slow and not aggresive enough ) can significantly change the dynamic of our team.

Wingard replaces Phillips
DeGoey replaces Pendlebury
Moore/Elliot replaces DeGoey

K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:52 pm

58pie wrote:
If Darcy or Reidy could have walked to the G one of them should have played. ...

Reid, by all accounts, was ready. It's unfortunate our VFL side was eliminated early.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Can someone tell me why my topic 'Ruthless Decisions' has been blocked?

Can i please have a geniune reason?

Not only do i have to live with the Pain on a GF loss but i cant even voice my opinions?>

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Number 35 wrote:

Not only do i have to live with the Pain on a GF loss but i cant even voice my opinions?>

Not sure but i commend whoever it was.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Number 35 wrote:

I imagine it’s been locked because they think you’re just stirring the possum. I do. Anyone who wants to kick Pendlebury off the team after the season he’s had is either a moron or a troll or possibly both.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:29 pm

watch out the cheersquads here

Give me a S
Give me a C
Give me a O
Give me a T
Give me a T

Give me a break...

CFC not SPFC

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:41 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Number 35 wrote:

I imagine it’s been locked because they think you’re just stirring the possum. I do. Anyone who wants to kick Pendlebury off the team after the season he’s had is either a moron or a troll or possibly both.

this

i hope you keep it up though 35, maybe they will chuck you and your bullshit out, im really over it the last 24 hours, and ive been here a long time, ask anyone, im not easily rattled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 25 of 31   

Jump to: