Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies V Crows - Please post ALL comments here

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question for the Adelaide Footy Club!!! Why wouldent you have just take acouple of hours of one day and go around and inject everyone with the Flu Shot??? Just plain stupid i think!!!

RIP Bobby Rose Snr
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:53 pm

It's not hard to see how you chose your username. Lol.

What was your assessment before you read the papers ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:06 pm

Batros, the whole Adelaide squad has had flu injections, apparently. However, there are many different strains of influenza and the having an injection doesn't necessarily stop you from getting the flu.
Natalie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:15 pm

s'pose i don't get it how i'm a lazy sod and don't do much and i haven't had the "flu" since I was 14 and these fit buggers cop sickness.
Chalky - hey don't go there with "bad" stress, i've had a shocker all week at work. surprised i haven't collapsed yet Laughing

GO THE PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:45 pm

Adelaide are 1 point ahead. We're in the last seconds of the game.

Buckley brings the ball out of a pack, has a quick look downfield, sees Tarrant on a lead and kicks to his target.

Tarrant takes the mark. He's on an angle, 45 metres out. Lines them up. Siren !!

Unmoved, Tarrant kicks ....... it's close ..... GOAL !!

Collingwood win by 5 points. Incredible finish. Tazza is mobbed by his team-mates. Everyone in the chatroom is going OFF !! I can only imagine the feelings of the Pie supporters at the game.

Woey had a big game with 32 possessions and 2 goals. Lokan shut down the dangerous McLeod and Holland showed us he was a bloody good footballer, after all.

OK. That was last time.

Tonight is almost our first final. We've only played The Crows once in a final and that was last year's great victory which saw us into the Granny. It's dig deep time. We can do this.

The Pies were reminded, savagely, just how important a good start is when The Lions jumped them, last week. The fact we held them over the next 3 quarters was of little consequence, then, but does hold some significance for this week.

A 4 quarter slaughter - and it was on - could well have traumatised the boys and destroyed confidence built up over our 6 game winning streak. We fought it out well but our kicking for goal in the first part of the last quarter was agonising. I know. I was commentating in the scoreboard chat. Every time I had to inform others in the room we'd only kicked a behind was extremely painful.

We cannot take much notice of their flu casualties or the 'travel curse' They obviously didn't worry too much about the percieved 'curse' about playing WCE at home. They thumped them.

Let's treat The Crows with respect ...... and then thump them !! See you in the scoreboard chat. GO PIES !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: