Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rex - forgot to Duck!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza - he has right wing philosophies.

In fact the basic problem for the whole of the left is that they have become such a middle of the road political party they can’t actually discriminate themselves from the liberals. Eddie while still having his faith and background in labour roots has followed a right wing ideal to get to where he is.

DaVe86 – I totally agree with you man. Look at the recent earthquake in Pakistan v the creek spillage in New Orleans after the few drops of rain. Nearly 13,000 children died in Pakistan and hundreds of thousands are homeless and starving yet we in the West hardly hear anything. The creek spillage in New Orleans was all over the news forever. He who controls the news also controls where the money goes for aid and self-serving righteous goody too shoes. Meanwhile the real oppressed people of the world continue to suffer.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:58 pm

EddieGold wrote:
Meanwhile the real oppressed people of the world continue to suffer.

Shit! Canberra will talk to his right wing apologists about this now.. Razz I wonder which Tory would give a rats Question
Canberra Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:00 pm

I wasn't going to reply to your waste of bandwidth Lazza but I noticed a couple of glaring factual errors.

"great Tories"
A complete myth. Ranks with the unicorn,bunyip etc.

"a working man's club like Collingwood"
Wrong Lazza. The call to arms by those who formed our great club was directed at the working people of Collingwood. Those men making the call were in general business men and community leaders.
We welcome anybody. What we generally do is park our differences at the door and put our Collingwood caps on.

Your oblique reference to a Tory named Howard has me baffled.
Are you referring to the former object of comedy John Howard,who now presides over Scabs R Us?

I'll ask the question again. What does any of this have to do with a bunch of hoons bashing Rex Hunt?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:13 pm

EddieGold wrote:

Still someone once said if you are not a left wing trendy when you are in your early 20s and a right wing conservative when you are in your 40s, there is something wrong with you.
Wink

Hmm was never a "trendy" lefty but must be something wrong with me as my politics havent changed - maybe working in the health system does that for you Rolling Eyes

FWIT - the good folk of Bryon Bay have been trying to have something done up the growing problem of unprovoked violent attacks for some time now according to family members who live in the area and so are not entirely unhappy with the publicity whilst being unhappy about another attack.

Surely whatever your political leanings the increase in unprovoked violence in our society is a concern for everyone

Who gives a rats really what Eddie's personal political philosphies are - he is a great Collingwood supporter and that's all I need to know UNLESS of course he is running for political office
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:17 pm

Canberra wrote:
I'll ask the question again. What does any of this have to do with a bunch of hoons bashing Rex Hunt?

Absolutely nothing. All to do with your comment about talking to Right Wing apologists dude. They are NOT my favourite people Mad I have yet to hear any intelligence or sense from a right wing apologist in all my life Rolling Eyes In fact MOST of the few I know of are absolute bigots.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:20 pm

Canberra – the problem is due to current Australian government right wing policies of not looking after the needy or spending enough on education or on the police force, an incident like what happened in Byron Bay becomes a consequence. In fact the decline of the youth and the family in Australia can be put right at the door of John Howard and his cronies. Money does always need to be spent on social services within a country as a catch all for those at the bottom end of the scale. But this also helps those at the top end of the scale too, cause if the needy aren’t too needy and feel like they are getting a piece of the pie, they will not intentionally bash and be destructive to the non-needy. This was one of the great things about Australia in comparison to other parts of the world. Those who have travelled to Russia or even the United States or England would agree with me. The idea of the lucky country and a fair go for all. But the Howard government have destroyed these ideals that Australians have held firm since federation. We now have a strong class system in this country where the right wing party rule directly and only for the rich. As I first stated a consequence of this is what happened at Byron Bay. Not enough money has been spent on the needy. Rather than chastise them Rex should feel sorry for them.
Canberra Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:27 pm

Please don't preach politics to me. I didn't vote for that brothel bred scum. This thread has nothing to do with politics. To suggest that pathetic little fraud Howard has something to do with Rex Hunt being bashed is,indeed,drawing a very long bow.

It may well be time for the mods to commit this hijacked thread to VPT.

EddieGold 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:45 pm

I'm not blaming you Canberra. I am blaming the people of Australia. Somebody voted for him. This topic is indeed prevalent to today and our future for our kids.

There used to be a magnificent Australian Comedy series on Channel 2 (yes in the days of satire and black humour) called Australia, your standing in it! These shows would poke fun at the politics of Australia. Unfortunately shows like that can’t exist today because there is only tragedy when you travel through communities in Sydney and Melbourne and see the lost generations in our once prosperous costal towns and the dead end kids of the top end. It is way past Midnight Oils, the rich get richer, the poor get the picture. The ideals of the Howard government in not looking after those who need support have now turned Australian against Australian in pitched battles in our streets.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:53 pm

The Opposition Labour party are just as guilty for not being able to put up a viable leader of have any useful dialogue to assist the kids of Australia. The current Latham and Beasley arguments have taken the total focus off issues.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:53 pm

Canberra wrote:
Please don't preach politics to me. I didn't vote for that brothel bred scum. This thread has nothing to do with politics. To suggest that pathetic little fraud Howard has something to do with Rex Hunt being bashed is,indeed,drawing a very long bow.

It may well be time for the mods to commit this hijacked thread to VPT.

You are a very confused person Canberra. Confused YOU wrote "I'd rather talk to a Right Wing apologist. It beats talking to the "Save The Black Lesbian Whale" set".......If that is not pushing right winged politics and apologists and putting shit on the (Black) left wingers like me, I dont know what is dude. Rolling Eyes Then you call them brothel bred scum Laughing Make up your mind!! All those who sit on the political fence get fence pickets up their backside Twisted Evil
Miz 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:17 pm

EddieGold wrote:
Canberra – the problem is due to current Australian government right wing policies of not looking after the needy or spending enough on education or on the police force, an incident like what happened in Byron Bay becomes a consequence. In fact the decline of the youth and the family in Australia can be put right at the door of John Howard and his cronies.

Sometimes you read something on the forum that is so naive that you are forced to respond... education, police geez throw in health too if you like are all services and services my friend are ran by state governments.

Since the year 2000 the states have had more money at their disposal via the GST than at any time in their history but they have failed to make any inroads into these key areas, why is that?

There are plenty of things you could say about the federal government but if you are going to have a crack at them atleast get your facts right pal.
raymond35 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:36 pm

Careful Miz, you'll confuse the haters with common sense.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:29 pm

Eunos wrote:
Quote:
but he is as much a racist as you are Eunos

I would expect this comment to be withdrawn/edited.

for gods sake Eunos stop trying to find a reason to be offended... if you had read my post in context you would have realised that I was saying that Rex Hunt is no more a racist than anyone else, or you for that matter.

3rd degree wrote:
David from Canberra wrote:
oh for God's sake the whole Davis thing was stupid, and Leon should have known better than to make such a big deal about it.

So easy for you to say that but you aint in his shoes. White Australia hates feeling guilt and we love to hide from our past wrong doings when we trip over ourselves again in the modern day we have a throng of pathetic right wing apologists. David do you have any mates who are aboriginal??

not many aboriginal guys go to my school but I'm friendly with the ones I know. I hate real racism as much as anyone (a girl I'm pretty good friends with, who is muslim, has been spat at and abused)..... but it pisses me off when people like Hunt, who is not the least bit racist as far as I can see, is labelled as a racist for a slip of the tongue. The question is, am I an apologist, or are some of you guys too eager to condemn?

paulr12 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:27 pm
Post subject: huntReply with quote

david from Canberra how refreshing your post was. Eunos some of the worst posts i have ever read. Rex was bound to have a slip or even just say something he shouldnt cause of the way he commentates that doesnt make him a racist. I live in Darwin and i do know heaps of aboriginals (two of my best mates)and every other kind of person. And everyone says racist comments here and their i dont belive that actually makes you racist. If you hate black people that makes you racist. making racist jokes or comments is wrong but australians are know for been a little dry/sick sometimes just the way we are. But times are changing and we must all move with the times. Please dont get carried away in crap Rex said sorry leon shook his hand OVER move on.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:48 am

Quote:
Eunos some of the worst posts i have ever read.

Best put me on ignore then.
Like all things, if you don't like my opinion, don't read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: