Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

You still owe us Taz

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A very curious stat that 'goal assists'. If a player does something wonderful in the backline which helps set up a goal 2 or 3 possessions later does he get credited with a 'goal assist'. If not then I believe it's a very misleading stat
Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:33 pm

Yes, Albow you are a legend of the Collingwood football club and your one way belief in everything Collingwood never gives you a chance to question or reason. Supporters like you are the reason we have won one premiership since 1958. Almost 50 years for the so-called biggest club in the world.
Albow Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:49 pm

Robert Walls (not really) wrote:
Yes, Albow you are a legend of the Collingwood football club and your one way belief in everything Collingwood never gives you a chance to question or reason. Supporters like you are the reason we have won one premiership since 1958. Almost 50 years for the so-called biggest club in the world.

Yes Robert Walls (not really) I am a "SUPPORTER", they may not be the most successful club in the nation but they are my team and I "SUPPORT" them. If my SUPPORTING the club both emotionally and financially has been the contributing factor to the club only winning one premiership the I am guilty as charged. What I don't regard as supporting of mine and presumably your club is laying the boots into one of it's greatest ever players in a public forum for a couple of onfield mistakes in ONE game.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:57 pm

Trivia question: Who was the young player who walked out on the club pre-season as he wasn't interested in footy and had to be convinced to come back from partying in Sydney during the preseason.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:59 pm

You have to have an open mind mate and call a spade a shovel.........................else why bother

a closed mind means a closed heart.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:02 pm

Actually RWNR, it is "supporters" like you who hold the club back. People who expect perfection and mindlessly bag when they dont get it. People who turn on their own when players dont measure up to unrealistic expectations.
Making constructive criticism is fine, but comments like "Bucks is a loser" are just ridiculous crap. If you arent satisfied with how Bucks has played his career, you will NEVER be satisfied.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:07 pm

Sorry Kemosabee, it is poeple like you that have held the club back for years by letting the players get away with blue murder. I remember Heath Sheppard kicked 7 at Vic Park against Hawthorn one day and never ever reemerged from the Bar cause blokes like you kept filling his glass with beer. Twisted Evil

Backslappers and people who only think Collingwood players can do right. The Tazza and Johnno incident is further proof of a lifetime of COllingwood fans letting the players get away with buggering around and underachieving. Confused

You are the rats that Eddie Maguire is talking about. Wink
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:10 pm

Actually despite us all thinking we are an integral part of the clubs success, nothing could be further from the truth. Strength comes from within. The coaching and support staff are there to ensure the players find that inner strength and that we have the right players. Teams with bugger all supporters have been more successful than the big Victorian clubs for years now. Suppporters give the side a buz on matchday and intimidate the away side, but if the club needs that to win the kiss GF's goodbye because in the corporate ass licking AFL most real supporters can't get a ticket.

2003. 100% support at prelim. Pies shit it in. Bugger all support at GF. Pies slaughtered.

Players must be strng enough to be totally immune from a good or bad supporting group. Otherwise failure is guaranteed.

All this "we are the best club, most famous club, most wealthy club" crap should not affect the playing group if the coaching staff are doing their job.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:14 pm

Drop him, might give him a reality check that he isnt untouchable, we have a couple of replacements showing some form at Willy and they actually give a shit
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:23 pm

You just dont get it RWNR.

I have no problem with criticism of players. I would have dropped Taz and BJ.

I agree that backslappers are a problem. Even worse are people who backslap one week, and then bag the next. People who are fickle. People who want to turn on players like Buckley. In other words, people like you.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:24 pm

Big T wrote:
Actually despite us all thinking we are an integral part of the clubs success, nothing could be further from the truth. Strength comes from within. The coaching and support staff are there to ensure the players find that inner strength and that we have the right players. Teams with bugger all supporters have been more successful than the big Victorian clubs for years now. Suppporters give the side a buz on matchday and intimidate the away side, but if the club needs that to win the kiss GF's goodbye because in the corporate ass licking AFL most real supporters can't get a ticket.

All this "we are the best club, most famous club, most wealthy club" crap should not affect the playing group if the coaching staff are doing their job.

Too true Big T.
Whats more, every year I talk to people going to the GF and I ask 'who do you support'? And they say....'no one, got a ticket through work - sponsors' AFL + TV = $$$$$$$
Very hard for the true supporter these days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:31 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
You just dont get it RWNR.

I have no problem with criticism of players. I would have dropped Taz and BJ.

I agree that backslappers are a problem. Even worse are people who backslap one week, and then bag the next. People who are fickle. People who want to turn on players like Buckley. In other words, people like you.

Whats worse is people who put people on a pedastile. Bucks was a champion player but not a champion finisher something Voss and Hird were able to achieve. Anytime anyone says anthing at all, you make it into the biggest DramaQueen show ever. Each player is not the full deal and has his faults. You have to accept that and move on. Backley wasn't called FIGJAM for nothing. He got belted up by the Brisbane players on the night of their best and fairest cause his teammates didn't like them. They were violent times in Brissy as the Real Robbie Walls talked about and Bucks coped it. In his first practice game for Collingwood, he shouted at the then Collingwood captain Tony Shaw when he missed him on a pass..."You are a crap kick mate!", which was a bit over the top for his position of being a fist game player.

He should have handballed to Didak and we might have won.......

End of..............
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:33 pm

Carro came up with some further left field scuttlebutt by asking who the one player on our List who hadn't voted for Bux as captain this year was (who actually gives a stuff Carro ) ...and let it slip that a Pie listed player was seen at a Hotel at 5 am this am !!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:36 pm

It's no secret that Buckley and Tarrant don't see eye to eye.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:42 pm

Mick Malthouse, swallow your pride, realise you made a mistake and bring back Terry Daniher to help Tarrant. Esle he will be a lost cause for the rest of his career.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: