Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The VICTORY experience

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason why the 2 games cannot coexist together.

The only problem is that Victorians have for so long been divided by their AFL side. Now all these 'enemys' are coming together to form the one cheersquad. It angers me that people would disregard joffa or any other collingwood supporter purely because they are a collingwood supporter. If they want the game to grow, they should accept passionate people who are there to support the team.

I think a person like Joffa or even myself, who are starting to embrace the game for the first time are more important to the sport than the people who have followed soccer since the beginnings. I see our local soccer leagues here in the northern suburbs, and supporters are locked out due to racial riots, parents are in fights etc. Often the die hard soccer fans can cause troubles. AFL supporters who are starting to embrace the game are there to enjoy it and cause no problems.

Victorians are the biggest sport fans in Australia. We set the benchmark in that regards. If we form together and put petty differences aside, we could actually make Melbourne Victory the benchmark of the competition. It coudl be the Collingwood of the A league.

End of the day, I am a Collingwood supporter, as is Joffa. But the A league will make the off-season go a lot quicker thats for sure, and why not get into it, its a lot of fun. We are there to enjoy the game, which can only benefit.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:46 pm

You believe that? What if a like Joffa or myself who are starting to embrace the game for the first time are important to the sport than the people who followed soccer the beginnings?
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:44 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
No reason why the 2 games cannot coexist together.

The only problem is that Victorians have for so long been divided by their AFL side. Now all these 'enemys' are coming together to form the one cheersquad. It angers me that people would disregard joffa or any other collingwood supporter purely because they are a collingwood supporter. If they want the game to grow, they should accept passionate people who are there to support the team.

I think a person like Joffa or even myself, who are starting to embrace the game for the first time are more important to the sport than the people who have followed soccer since the beginnings. I see our local soccer leagues here in the northern suburbs, and supporters are locked out due to racial riots, parents are in fights etc. Often the die hard soccer fans can cause troubles. AFL supporters who are starting to embrace the game are there to enjoy it and cause no problems.

Victorians are the biggest sport fans in Australia. We set the benchmark in that regards. If we form together and put petty differences aside, we could actually make Melbourne Victory the benchmark of the competition. It coudl be the Collingwood of the A league.

End of the day, I am a Collingwood supporter, as is Joffa. But the A league will make the off-season go a lot quicker thats for sure, and why not get into it, its a lot of fun. We are there to enjoy the game, which can only benefit.

Good post on a whole. The FFA know that currently they cannot compete with Australian Rules and the NRL in their home states, with the way the old 'Soccer Australia' ruined the game here the only chance Football had to succeed is to make it a summer sport, which makes the whole year great for people like me who love both codes.

With the point with Joffa, most people have applauded Joffa for his comments about the atmosphere we create and i cant see how anyone would not like him to attend, but there is a difference in support and the reason why our support works so much better, in the 'South End' of Telstra Dome we have no leaders, people who want to sing make their way to the same places at each home game and sing all game, if someone starts a chant we all listen to it and then join in, there are no Banners, Flags or Floggers and no reserved seats, just people who want to stand for 2 hours, sing their hearts out till they have no voice left and people who just want to see the team do well. This is what is bringing more and more people through the gate.

One thing though Dave i have to pull you up on one thing- We are already the benchmark of the A League-

* More paid up members than any other Football side in Australian History

* Players such as Allsopp, Thompson, Muscat, Fred and Brebner

* Most Lucrative Sponsorships

* Playing at the best Stadium in the Country

* Holding the A Leagues 4 highest attendances including the highest of 39,730 against Sydney FC

* Having massive support at both ends of the ground while other teams can only manage one end.

* Taking 450 fans to Sydney a month ago with no travel organised for travelling fans through the Club, each fan organised travel themselves

* Only dropping 4 points so far this season

And doing this while we finished 2nd last last season and not having to pay our Marquee player over 2m a season (Dwight Yorke at Sydney fc) and not having to headhunt managers (Littbarski and Butcher). We have done things the hard way but as they always say the Cream always rises......and Sydney will always sink to the bottom! Laughing

Dell 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:58 am
Post subject: Re: The VICTORY experienceReply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
and i was chuffed to see a MELBOURNE VICTORY GAME OVER banner appear towards the very end.

... Cool http://www.xeonart.com/forum/gameover.bmp

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:00 am
Post subject: Re: The VICTORY experienceReply with quote

Dell wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
and i was chuffed to see a MELBOURNE VICTORY GAME OVER banner appear towards the very end.

... Cool http://www.xeonart.com/forum/gameover.bmp

We got the GAME OVER banner trademarked dell ole boy... so cant wait to see a great big fat cheque Cool Cool Laughing ...or a day in court Shocked YOUR CHOICE ?

Joking mate..cant wait to meet up with you guys at the next victory victory LOL

Dell 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:07 pm

Court it is Very Happy Its good to see alot of AFL fans finally realising football (soccer) does have alot of supporters and that AFL is in trouble Very Happy
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:51 pm

Dell wrote:
Court it is Very Happy Its good to see alot of AFL fans finally realising football (soccer) does have alot of supporters and that AFL is in trouble Very Happy
See here is where the crap starts. AFL is not in trouble...it is in none what so ever...financially, sponsorship, membership wise, while soccer has has come up in leaps and bounds it is not going to compete with AFL.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:10 am

bazdaddy wrote:
Dell wrote:
See here is where the crap starts. AFL is not in trouble...it is in none what so ever...financially, sponsorship, membership wise, while soccer has has come up in leaps and bounds it is not going to compete with AFL.

Yeah footy is in strife infact its in real strife it has no strong leadership its become a modern day movie cinema franchise with nice bucket seats and all the other associated crap.

Its offensive to be passionate, we've been hoodwinked by the tea drinkers, we need to introduce a carnival like atmosphere encouraging people to have fun.....

AFL fans the true AFL fans are swarming to the real football because it encourages passion and fun!

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:00 am

at the soccer they incouage u to chuck ya plastic bottles onto the field and dunnt rolls. I love it you can be a idiot and not get kicked out
black_bart 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:46 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
Dell wrote:

yep next year we'll have 2 club sides playing in the Asian Champions League .... the Socceroos will be playing in the Asian Cup finals ... and the AFL might play a made up game against Ireland if they promise not to tackle ...

no trouble at all Rolling Eyes
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:19 pm

I'm not sure how to respond to any of that crap so I'll just leave it at this.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:53 am

[yep next year we'll have 2 club sides playing in the Asian Champions League .... the Socceroos will be playing in the Asian Cup finals ... and the AFL might play a made up game against Ireland if they promise not to tackle ...

no trouble at all]

Yep, and we'll still attract double or triple your average crowds week in week out, enjoy our coverage on free to air tv and radio, enjoy ten pages of coverage in the major dailies, enjoy our clubs sustainable financial security and bathe in the glory of record attendances.

Each to their own, and enjoy your soccer by all means, but don't kid yourself that it's anywhere near reaching the status of AFL in Victoria.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:49 pm

Finally a sense of reality thank you very much.
pica 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:40 pm

magpie_1983 wrote:
at the soccer they incouage u to chuck ya plastic bottles onto the field and dunnt rolls. I love it you can be a idiot and not get kicked out

The thinking man's soccer fan !!!

And people hang sh*t on Dave The Man, sheesh!!!
black_bart 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

nomadjack wrote:
[yep next year we'll have 2 club sides playing in the Asian Champions League .... the Socceroos will be playing in the Asian Cup finals ... and the AFL might play a made up game against Ireland if they promise not to tackle ...

no trouble at all]

Yep, and we'll still attract double or triple your average crowds week in week out, enjoy our coverage on free to air tv and radio, enjoy ten pages of coverage in the major dailies, enjoy our clubs sustainable financial security and bathe in the glory of record attendances.

Each to their own, and enjoy your soccer by all means, but don't kid yourself that it's anywhere near reaching the status of AFL in Victoria.

yep the world revolves around victoria Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: