Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laughing Stock

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst defeat for the season, Embrassing the word to explain it....

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:40 pm

And the worst thing is it gets "hollywood" Terry off the hook!!!
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:43 pm

steviewonder36 wrote:

What a load of rubbish, i'm a sick of the people on this board (I know who you are), making excuses for the team all the time.

Call it a draw then because I'm sick of the turnips that come on here every week after a loss without fail and bitch and moan about how crap we are. Learn the difference between an excuse and a reason. I'm not excusing anything. It was a crap performance and given our ladder positions it's a game we should not have dropped. It's also a loss that will cost us a shot at the top 4, perhaps even the 8. That said our form has been shit for a month. I've suggested reasons why that might be the case, not excuses for their performance. Do you honestly think sides that play their hearts out like ours did against Sydney, Hawthorn and St Kilda suddenly lose their appetite for competition?

I would have taken 11/8 at this point at the start of the year and so would have most people with realistic expectations. Given our injury run to key players and the number of kids we've blooded I would argue the club has done exceptionally well to be sitting where we are. If you disagree so strongly perhaps you should rock along to training next week and explain to Mick where you think we're going wrong.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Ok guys .... fair points about my wake up call and reality check comment.

It seems that the alarm bells are well and trully ringing.

Now what can be done about it ???
Seth 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 pm

What a pathetic effort. All a bunch of big heads a little bit ahead of themselves at the moment. Christ we may play in finals in 3 weeks butr play like that and we won't and we won't deserve to be.

A few observations.

Licca give it away mate, you are slow, pathetic and crap skills. Your blue boots should match the colour of your guernsey

Alan TOOVEY, not up to it, get him to the Willi reserves as fast as you can, he was pathetic.

Chris Bryan, he can follow Toovs. Pissweak.

AND WHY THE HELL WAS CLARKE RESTED. Why rest players?? Are we that arrogant, obviously we were.

Hey Mick when a player racks up possession after possession you might wanna stick a player on him.

This is a mirror of last year and our departure from the finals will be just as abrupt.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:56 pm

Melbourne was a blip and we had excuses like umpires and O'briens injury.

Brisbane was just simply a bad night and we were bamboozled

Tonight was the last straw. We just arent good enough, and I'd prefer to be tanking and getting big draft picks than having our hopes built up so high and crushed.

It happens every year. SOmetimes its easier to just have no hope

Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:02 am

nomadjack wrote:
FFS get a dose of reality. Presti was injured, Clement, Harry, Rheece and O'Bree have either only recently come back and/or lack match fitness, Heath is a bloody kid, Swan missed most of the pre-season and Josh is far from 100%. Welcome to the real world. It's round 19. The kids are tiring as anyone with half a bloody brain would expect, and unfortunately many of our key experienced players either have recently got over or are still carrying niggles. Every week it's the same friggin knockers. Do you honestly think the players out there are not trying? As for being embarassed about being a magpie supporter. I'd be more embarassed about the bullshit posts you make evertime we lose.

Oh really then why the hell are we playing Presti and Clement or Rhyce.

FFS Shane Wakelin was playing very well and Marty Clarke was doin well in Rhyce's posi.

Toovey??? He is rubbish.
Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:11 am

Seth wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
FFS get a dose of reality. Presti was injured, Clement, Harry, Rheece and O'Bree have either only recently come back and/or lack match fitness, Heath is a bloody kid, Swan missed most of the pre-season and Josh is far from 100%. Welcome to the real world. It's round 19. The kids are tiring as anyone with half a bloody brain would expect, and unfortunately many of our key experienced players either have recently got over or are still carrying niggles. Every week it's the same friggin knockers. Do you honestly think the players out there are not trying? As for being embarassed about being a magpie supporter. I'd be more embarassed about the bullshit posts you make evertime we lose.

Oh really then why the hell are we playing Presti and Clement or Rhyce.

FFS Shane Wakelin was playing very well and Marty Clarke was doin well in Rhyce's posi.

Toovey??? He is rubbish.

Best post of the night. Why are we trying to get rid of Wakelin? He is still our best defender.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:20 am

Yes, we are currently a laughing stock. I dunno. It's just so embarrassing being flogged by those hacks. I mean, Pettifer, COME ON, that guy is a spud. And when Deledio scores five from the pocket, you know that's all she wrote.

We're in a huge trough, and need to snap out FAST. But how? We need to hit the ball hard and before the opposition do. Our tackling is ok, I think, but we need first hands (a ruckman might help).

What's hurting us IMO is the reutnr of the experienced brigade, in Clement, Presti, Licuria and a week or two back Lonie. Harsh to single them out, but they've upset a youthful, happy balance. Was always going to happen, however, it changes the appearance of our line up in a big way.

Quote:
Please tell me how mant wake up calls and reality checks we need. We're playing for a spot in the top four and have totally blown it

You can say that again. I can't believe it. So much at stage. Make every single freaking post count!

We had our reality check in the Geelong match. And then a minor one in the second half against Essendon. And the 120 minutes of hell against Brisbane. And now this. FFS - if we rate ourselves as finalists we've got to play and think like one. We've shown that we can be. That's why we are where we are.

Quote:
The most DISGRACEFULL effort EVER. One way ticket for Toovey. Presti must Go.

So blame the poor kid (Toovey)? Claim him as the scapegoat? It was his first game since round 12. Yeah, he's on the 'return service to Williamstown' platform, however...bit harsh to put him in the footballing slammer.

Presti was injured, during that inspiring run-down of Richardson. Guts.

I agree with babylove. We've gotta hold onto those positives.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:04 am

Why do we rest players? It has absolutley nothing to do with arrogance, its quite the opposite.

Simple fact is that you rest the Marty Clarkes of the side, so they dont turn into the Goldsacks of the side...too tired to show the brilliance they showed early.

And you rest the Didak's so they dont turn into the Fraser's. Didak was injured, so was Fraser. Fraser was completely useless, and should have been rested.

Had he been rested, he would have been right to go next week, now who the hell knows.

Seriously, Wakelin our best defender....tonight he might have been, but anyone who says Clement isnt our best defender is off their rocker.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:32 am

One of the more shattering performances in a long time, very disapointing, very shattering, very much de ja vu 2006. Same round same time slot playing against a team in the same spot on the ladder, cost us top 4 will do again this year, very disapointed.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:33 am

But Zakal, one of the unwritten laws of sport is 'thou shall not flirt with form'.
Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:40 am

http://www.afl.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=208&newsId=48959

We need a midfield makeover: Malthouse
11:22 PM Fri 10 August, 2007 |

By Ben Casanelia

COLLINGWOOD coach Mick Malthouse said a midfield makeover was needed if his side was to emerge from its late-season slump in time to make a mark in September.

After being comprehensively thrashed in the middle by a pumped up Richmond – the Pies were hammered
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:29 am

choppa - you are purportedly PP for Tarks, show some spirit FFS. Does Tarks give up that easily?

The comment was made in the chat room last night about how Nick's would take a loss and obviously we are seeing the results.

The other clubs' message boards will be having a field day about "watch em eat their own." Let's not be like them, we are better than that. Take a step back and assess it in the cold light of day. If you still have the same opinion that's fine but at least put some perspective into it.

These are emotional times for all concerned.

Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:41 am

There are times to eat your own and when you lose to a team who has won one game for the year, that is one of the times. Sorry Jock. We have to talk about revolution around the club now. If Eddie can't get rid of Mick then Eddie might have to go to get Mick out of the Club.

Mick is tanking and resting players and we are in the top 8? Sheesh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: