Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Tigers -All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaw_thing Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gutted (sp?) .It was pathetic. Upset more than words can say. Not the lone ranger. V upset
redgiant Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:19 am

Killed in the middle.
Killed in the clearances
Killed in the ruck.
Killed in the run out of defence.
Killed by bad kicking at goals.
Killed by persevering with old players. (Blokes that should be able to retire with dignity and honour for years of service to the black and white.)

My observation based on only two of the losses in the last month is that we lack intensity and our tackles are far too easily broken.
Our boys do not run up the ground in groups of threes and fours, the team is not playing for each other. Too many of our blokes are spectators around the ball waiting for someone to dig it out of congestion.
Our forwards are not fulfilling their roles, our talls must lead and contest marks our crumbers need to gather the free ball. Mids need to deliver the football into scoring positions and that is definitely NOT in the pockets.

Too many of our blokes are expending energy chasing tail half heartedly. My view is that if you don’t intend to catch don’t go through the motions because it just looks piss-weak no matter how its packaged.

Memo to coaching panel …..Don’t play unfit players

And finally before I blow a gasket can the coaching panel please get our blokes to watch some replays and point out how the opposition is getting far better mileage from the white/red/yellow/green maggots. Learn from your mistakes!

I have deliberately not named names because I am disappointed in too many.

My final word is…… where were the Collingwood faithful tonight?,
Too many times the booooos of the tiger fans drowned out the cheers of the Collingwood supporters when our blokes did something good. The boys deserve better even if it is a tough day at the office.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:22 am

Quote:
Another way of looking at it is with Bux, Licca, Burns, Clement, Rocca, Holland, OBree, Presti, Wakes all at the end of the clock we have missed our window again.

Agree with you these blokes are closer to the end they are not going to get any better maybe fall away which some have. We all want them to go on forever but time does not wait for no one.

If you are a richmond supporter if it takes the media, carey,caro and others to fire you up what about the other 16 weeks. If it takes the media to fire up players hope they give it to us all week.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:29 am

what has been the feature of our good wins. Our pressure attack on the ball winning the stoppages/clearances take that away from us we come back to the pack, also opposition will load up there foward line as it looks like our defence can not handle it were we create from the backline opposition load up to make us accountable.

How can bowden get so many possesions playing full back he sets up a lot of plays back there can't someone stand on him
shaw_thing Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:31 am

No names ... just unfit blokes. Gawd i'm sad - SAD i tells ya! Need a hug Smile
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:40 am

365 days on and still in the same old situation, losing the games we should win.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
shaw_thing Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 am

I'm so upset I could post WTF all night, but that's not v constructive...Did anyone find ANYTHING good tonight? I'm struggling, but there must have been something? Thoughts?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:00 am

I've been over this everywhere else but this thread:

-Time for drastic changes. We've got to find the formula from the early weeks. We need pace, youth, spark. Enthusiasm (pulling on a Black and White jumper should be enough).

-Kicking for goal still hurts us. Has done so since the Days of Sav.

-We weren't first to the ball. Richmond were all over it, apart from Burnsy (God love him), we were second in every time. Which means that we absolutely sucked at the stoppages as we were second to the ball. Our tackling was actually quite good I thought. But that can also be a result of not getting your hands on it first.

-Josh is struggling. Not sure what with, but when the likes of Pattison and Graham match you (don't give me any rubbish about winning the majority of hitouts, we got cained in the ruck), you're struggling. He's not floating forward, and not winning enough of it on the wings and flanks as the linkman. I know it's a long season for him, and he's probably over doing 90% of the ruck work and being beaten and bashed for seven years without the support others get, but we need him to fire. And even to show some genuine anger and grunt outwardly.

-What the hell has happened to Ben Johnson? Did I hear an OP rumour or just imagine it? We need the hard runner. Come on, Jonno.

-Our defence needs to find its feet. We're under the pump there.

-Swan: how's he travelling?

-Fact is that we need strong starts, none of this catch up rubbish. Good teams don't start from behind on a weekly basis.

-And nor do they lose to absolute unmittigated bandwagoning rubbish like Richmond.

Thanks, Richmond, for choosing us for whom you'd meet in your own special Grand Final. Thanks, Mike Sheehan and others for firing them up. Just makes me shake my head - "why us?"

We live to fight another day. Go Woods.
shaw_thing Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:11 am

Hate to say the "P" word, but we IMHO had passengers again.
shaw_thing Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:21 am

Keep the faith folks. It sucks right now, but "Good old Collingwood forever" will last for ever more!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:36 am

Quote:
365 days on and still in the same old situation, losing the games we should win.

And that's what hurts the most. Learn from mistakes? We've got to put out the rubbish, so to speak.
shaw_thing Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:39 am

Who is rubbish?

Johnson#26 wrote:
Quote:

And that's what hurts the most. Learn from mistakes? We've got to put out the rubbish, so to speak.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:46 am

A really depressing night all round and hardly a winner to be found.

Nothing to take away from this game except negatives:
No tackling, no intensity, no pressure.

We looked tired, flat and slow.

Probably our worst loss for the year when you consider the opposition and what we had to play for.

No hope for top 4 now and it looks like a top eight spot is now very much a 50/50 proposition.

MM will see this as a devastating loss as it brings into question his entire year's work. OK, he's blooded some great kids but he stated pre season that not making the eight would be unacceptable.

Too many poor players tonight and Licca was not the worst by far.

Have another look at the work of Swan, Bryan, Johnson, Maxy, R. Shaw, Cook and Toovey before calling for Licca's head.

As for those calling on Goldsack to be rested, I disagree. He's been the one rookie to contribute consistently since debut. Tonight he was quieter, but I thought he gave a contest every time and had some very classy touches.

It's gonna be mighty hard to find 3 players to vote for this week!

All is not lost though, because surely Mr Superstar Dawes must get a game soon and that will turn everything around in time for the finals.

shaw_thing Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:20 am

2 words - Dane Swan
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:26 am

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!

couldn't win a clearance if our lives depended on it. Butchered the ball all night. Don't deserve finals.

Reload for next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: