Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MCG - Collingwood supporters are always outnumbered there

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Clement how can YOU be critisising our support when YOU have done nothing but take a massive shit on the heart of this club since you have joined. Absoloutely stinks of hypocrosy.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:03 pm

frankiboy wrote:
That's the thing Clement, supporters were every bit as flat as the guys out on the field, maybe they went to the game with preconceptions of disaster, I know I did. We were outvoiced, not outnumbered.

Yeah, even from home it was obvious we hadn't come to play. From the very second they kicked their first bullshit goal, followed by two lucky ones and some umpire assistance, i knew it was going to be one of those days. We simply had not come to play.

It baffles me how we have developed this "Jeckle and Hyde" mentality, because there are now two Collingwood sides. One is ferocious and determined and will never say die. And the other is soft, useless and lazy....yet they are comprised of EXACTLY the same players. Its just ridiculous.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:23 pm

It was a Richmond home game, still many members who only buy 11 game memberships and only attend home matches, just had to look at how empty the ponsford was
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:53 pm

we did chant its just F all people join in and thats the problem what else do we do to promote chanting than encourage it, we need to get rid of the coffee drinkers and bring in the hardcore pies fans who wanna make noise it will spur on the pies
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:56 pm

What's wrong with coffee?
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:59 pm

hehe well there was only 49,000 people there....id worry about "getting those hardcore pie fans in" before i worried about kicking anyone out. hehe Wink

Bit of a piss-poor turnout considering who was playing....but i would bet my house on the wooden spooners not being able to ACTUALLY outnumber Collingwood...even if we wernt equal 3rd.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:59 pm

Coffee's better with a good slug of whisky in it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:03 pm

I see, it's the alcohol which makes you a better barracker. No wonder we were outnumbered lol Idea
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:05 pm

lol well we know the richmond supporters are drunk scumbags but i dont mind people drinking in our area if they are not violent or abusive to anyone and just want to enjoy the chanting, anyne who does that can get out but we need a big band of people who want to chant all day long and we need it in numbers, theres enough who would be wanting to, its getting them all in the one area, thats what its like at the soccer except nearly the entire ground chants.
Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:29 pm

Why is it that every thread you post Clement, nothing positive is ever mentioned.

I travel down to Melbourne fairly regularly to watch us play, and I actually always see more Collingwood supporters than any other (maybe sometimes Essendon would outnumber us), from sitting in the corporate box. I can understand the lack of spirit in the cheersquad the last 2 - 3 years. Every game I go to in Melbourne, the cheersquad atmosphere sucks, but every time I go to an interstate game eg: Sydney, it's crazy.

I can fathom why lately every time I open up this forum, it's another whinge thread. The spirit here is poor, because of comments like these.

If you don't like the number of our supporters every week, then go join another club who has more fans turn up to games. I'm not having a go at you, I just constantly fail to read anything positive from yourself, and now, others as of late.

Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:15 pm

You travel down for one game here or there and have become a part of the latte Sydney sect.

Well let me tell you here in Melbourne, in the Mecca of footy. The Collingwood footy club is struggling and their supporter base is not helping as like you, they have morphed into people who treat the club like it is something that they can treat without much respect.

There were lots more Richmond supporters there last night and the only chant which we heard was Richmond, Richmond..

When the pies got infront in the third quarter there was NOTHING from our fans. No chant, no passion, no nothing.

How can you possibly comment if you weren't there???

Please stick to things Sydney people know like Rugby and getting caught in traffic jams.
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:23 pm

lol ur goin a bit far clemo but lets make sure we fire up friday and make the MCG a fearful place for neitz and his latte drinking dees ok, come down to the squad if you have THE PASSION!
Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:26 pm

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:
lol ur goin a bit far clemo but lets make sure we fire up friday and make the MCG a fearful place for neitz and his latte drinking dees ok, come down to the squad if you have THE PASSION!

Agreed, this is all I am trying to say. I am sick of being outnumbered at the footy esp against Melbourne based teams like next week.

Melbourne is 45 points in front of the Western Bulldogs as we speak so it will be a full on fight next week as well.

It is not looking good at all and we need everyone to come along esp as Bucks will be playing. We should fill the MCG to 100,000. Come on people make a special effort. And Chant Collingwood when we kick a goal so the players can hear us.
Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Ok here's my 2 bobs worth!!! First if we want to be prominent and like shown as a group the Pies end of the ground behind the goals should be Pies fans only entry no other supporters that will get the group situo then all who r there should barrack for there side by either chanting waving somethink or however you barrack but most definitely when a goal is kicked or comin close everybody should go crazy it maybe more noisey when a crap free is given that is the noise that's needed it does happen when a game is close but more the better i say again and area of so a 1000 seat should be Pies only every game at the G even for away games so as they can be together... its promoted and sold I mean I asked when I went to a few games last year at the business end and especially in a ticketmaster agency you ask yep wanna seat where all the Pies supporters are they have no idea hmmmmmm ok more worths!!!!
Canga!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:31 pm

Do you think you could repeat that in something closely resembling English? Confused Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: