Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

14yo girl driven to suicide on Myspace

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may have been Chris Dawes...I just remember a player that was drafted was told to pull his site. Anyone else confirm this??

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
qldpie02 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:46 am

bwphantom - maybe its a queenslander thing - growing up i never had any sega or xbox or whatever, my parents were always - go outside and play - take ball, a bat, a skipping rope, my dolls and picnic set, whatever(im a girl just to clarify...not that theres anything wrong with that lol) - i was always playing with the boys down the street - good ole street tennis/cricket lol used to cut up my feet so bad lol
and i also wasnt allowed a mobile until i was 15, and if i did go out i took my mums mobile. and now heaps of my friends cant live without their mobile - i go through stages of just turning it off - a) because i dont want to talk to them cos as i often say "I JUST SAW U LIKE 2 MINUTES AGO!" lol b) i waste so much money on txting its amazing - luckily i have prepaid and not a cap/plan, that would turn out terribly. i also still have the same phone i got when i was 15 LOL its a sexy lil white thing with monophonic ring tones - and i couldnt even download a ringtone i was learnt how to play the collingwood theme on my piano and typed it out on my phone *coughLOSERcough* lol

And i only started myspace when i entered uni to keep in contact with some of the people from school.

Im totally with you bwphantom, sounds like ur doing a pretty good job, if u ask me - u werent - but im telling you anyway Razz

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:40 pm

qldpie02 wrote:
bwphantom - maybe its a queenslander thing - growing up i never had any sega or xbox or whatever, my parents were always - go outside and play - take ball, a bat, a skipping rope, my dolls and picnic set, whatever(im a girl just to clarify...not that theres anything wrong with that lol) - i was always playing with the boys down the street - good ole street tennis/cricket lol used to cut up my feet so bad lol
and i also wasnt allowed a mobile until i was 15, and if i did go out i took my mums mobile. and now heaps of my friends cant live without their mobile - i go through stages of just turning it off - a) because i dont want to talk to them cos as i often say "I JUST SAW U LIKE 2 MINUTES AGO!" lol b) i waste so much money on txting its amazing - luckily i have prepaid and not a cap/plan, that would turn out terribly. i also still have the same phone i got when i was 15 LOL its a sexy lil white thing with monophonic ring tones - and i couldnt even download a ringtone i was learnt how to play the collingwood theme on my piano and typed it out on my phone *coughLOSERcough* lol

And i only started myspace when i entered uni to keep in contact with some of the people from school.

Im totally with you bwphantom, sounds like ur doing a pretty good job, if u ask me - u werent - but im telling you anyway Razz

Thankyou QLDpie. I may change my stance if I perceive that my teenagers are able to act responsibly enough. However, I really do not see the need for them to have a phone until they are working and can comfortably afford one themselves. Funny enough I spoke to my daughter as she is wanting to work next year. She said that she is not going to waste her money on a phone when she starts working as she wants to buy more clothes and save her money for her university studies.
By the way when she starts work she will be paying Board(like $15 p/wk) and for fuel costs of taking her to work and back, and the rest is hers to do what she wants.

Oh and I found the player who had to remove Myspace page...it was Chris Dawes

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:42 pm

bwphantom wrote:
Which player had a blog....was recruited last year and the CFC told him to pull the page??

Travis Varcoe wrote a blog and was told to remove it, and then the page was deleted...from memory it was about racism or something close to it...

I cannot remember but it was something like that, I am trying to remember parts of the blog but it wasn't a very nice one...

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:46 pm

bwphantom wrote:
I think it may have been Chris Dawes...I just remember a player that was drafted was told to pull his site. Anyone else confirm this??
yea it was dawesy...i totally blogged up a storm about it OmGz!!!! 0.o .......i hate myspace
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:51 pm

bwphantom wrote:

I think Goldsack Had one and 1 other had one - Clarke has a Private One

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:51 pm

bwphantom wrote:
Which player had a blog....was recruited last year and the CFC told him to pull the page??

MoneyBags

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:54 pm

bwphantom wrote:
qldpie02 wrote:

Thankyou QLDpie. I may change my stance if I perceive that my teenagers are able to act responsibly enough. However, I really do not see the need for them to have a phone until they are working and can comfortably afford one themselves. Funny enough I spoke to my daughter as she is wanting to work next year. She said that she is not going to waste her money on a phone when she starts working as she wants to buy more clothes and save her money for her university studies.
By the way when she starts work she will be paying Board(like $15 p/wk) and for fuel costs of taking her to work and back, and the rest is hers to do what she wants.

Oh and I found the player who had to remove Myspace page...it was Chris Dawes

I only have a Normal Boring Old Phone I only use if I need to get Picked up from Somewhere.

Didn't Dawes on his Myspace said He Took Drugs or Something on his Account?

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:55 pm

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,22783456-5014108,00.html

Woman linked to teen girl's suicide 'outed'

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:27 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,22783456-5014108,00.html

Woman linked to teen girl's suicide 'outed'

She Was Named and Shamed Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:03 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
bwphantom wrote:

MoneyBags

Sack still has his page, but it's invitation only. I dare say he was told by the club to either pull it or privatise it.

EBB 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:00 pm

sam. wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
Dale61 wrote:
Nowadays, the first place a prospective employer looks is Myspace and Facebook.

I've heard numerous stories about people NOT getting a job because of what they have on display.

That's rather strange way to rule a person out of a job, maybe I should revamp my little myspace page Wink

we ALWAYS do it at my work when we are hiring new people.

Why? and do you request the myspace page? Or just search their name?

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:17 pm

sam. wrote:
we ALWAYS do it at my work when we are hiring new people.

I don't see the real point to be honest, but I guess that's there deal I would wonder if the places I applied for even bothered with that...my myspace is the same as the email on the application so if they get bored they are welcomed to have a look.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:18 pm

Are you a student? Is that from it?
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:21 pm

HAL wrote:
Are you a student? Is that from it?

What's it to you tinman? You have a student fetish or something? Maybe you should find a lab rat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: