Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I wouldn't quit Collingwood. The club is in my blood and I will always barrack for them.

In saying that though, I could envisage not being as passionate in my support perhaps. I couldn't wholeheartedly support them if they are doing something which I don't agree with. And reappointing MM is part of that, I have recently decided.

Yes, it is time for a change. The Collingwood team I am watching, while I acknowledge that we are ravaged by injuries, they just seem to have no heart, no pride in the jumper, no PASSION. And if the team doesn't have this, then why should I?

Maybe appointing the Magnificent Nath will regalvanise the players, staff, committee and the supporters. We need to do something.

I don't want to just sit back blindly accepting mediocrity, all because I don't want to be seen as being 'disloyal'.

Nathan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 am

nomadjack wrote:
42 wrote:
So because i say we need to make a tough decision and sack the coach at years end i am weak am I?

exactly the bullshite i was talkin about.

This club has failed for 19 years, and you this think its all good.

Keep fiddling while rome burns my friends.

You genuinely have a problem with basic English comprehension don't you.

Go back and read the post and ponder what "show some phucking loyalty to the club if not the coach and board." might mean.

By all means debate the merit of keeping or sacking MM. By all means debate whether or not Eddie and the board should move on. These are legitimate issues with pros and cons on both sides.

To threaten to walk away from the club if you don't get your way on these issues though is PISSWEAK.

point out where i said i was walking out on the club please?

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:43 am

woftam wrote:
I would also never turn my back on the pies, but I believe if Ed renews MM's contract against the wishes of the masses, and it is the clear majority now then Ed will face a huge backlash from members & supporters.

This team needs to be reinvigorated with fresh ideas and a new approach to dealing with the media and last but not least an exciting gameplan that is great to watch. The style of play we are currently using is frustrating to say the least.

Agree woftam, and I would not attend Collingwood games under sufferance. Who said I was giving up on Collingwood? I have just said I won't take any more of this Lexus Centre Cult crap we are being fed by rich people.

But a new dawn will come, just as it took 70 years for Communism to fall in Russia. Buckley or Burns as coach would bring me back straightaway with full enthusiasm.

I wish I shared your optimism about the members throwing Eddie out. It won't happen because the Rich Powerful Man pulls all the strings. The voting members are a restricted group (far from representative of the average Collingwood supporter). They are naturally conservative and FEAR change. That's why the Rich Powerful Man has them in his grasp and he knows it.

I'll stay on here and agitate, but if Malthouse is reappointed you won't see me again until he and Eddie are GONE.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:47 am

BBHS wrote:
I'll be sticking with the club. I barrack for Collingwood not Mick Malthouse.

Precisely my position too.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 am

42 wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
42 wrote:
So because i say we need to make a tough decision and sack the coach at years end i am weak am I?

exactly the bullshite i was talkin about.

This club has failed for 19 years, and you this think its all good.

Keep fiddling while rome burns my friends.

You genuinely have a problem with basic English comprehension don't you.

Go back and read the post and ponder what "show some phucking loyalty to the club if not the coach and board." might mean.

By all means debate the merit of keeping or sacking MM. By all means debate whether or not Eddie and the board should move on. These are legitimate issues with pros and cons on both sides.

To threaten to walk away from the club if you don't get your way on these issues though is PISSWEAK.

point out where i said i was walking out on the club please?

Point out where I suggested you were going to.

While you're at it point out:

-Where anyone says you are weak for wanting to sack the coach at the end of the year.

-Where I said that the club 'failing' for 19 years is all good.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:05 am

Alright guys. We may all get a reprieve and be able to chill out. If the reports are true that Wallace has been given the boot at the Richmond meeting today (I thought it might happen and said so last week), then there's a good chance The Age article was just a fishing exercise by MM's agent to force a quick decision.

In that case I wouldn't be surprised Mick goes to Richmond and solves our problem. Let's hope...

None of us needs this trouble to go on much longer.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:12 am

somehow i don't believe you jack - " Buckley or Burns as coach would bring me back straightaway with full enthusiasm. "

you mention that you are an agitator. an agitator doesn't stop agitating, an agitator just agitates. you're agitating me. but as an agitator that's what you do. are you sure you're not eddiegold or G*nder just trying a different tack this time?

collingwoodfan Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:16 am

It would be hard at firsty but no
Side by Side
nulla 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:17 am

I am also not sure why people think because you support Eddie MM and the rest of those in charge of running things at the club that loses mean nothing.

That not winning a GF in so much time means nothing.

What does amaze me is that some here actually think that they know better and can run the club better than the group I mentioned above.

You can throw all the stats you like at me and I will still say that MM has done a great job with the list he has had to work with.

We were never given all the frist round draft picks to work with and came close to winning a flag against the odds to a side that was spoon fed by the AFL... just like the new QLD side will be spoon fed.

MM's record at West Coast with flags seems to be overlooked which I would assume was one of the main reason we got MM and isnt it like 2 flags and 5 gf appearances... he is a successful coach. He is one of us and should be shown the respect for what he has put into the club.

If the same treatment by supporters was given to Bob Rose in his time it would be called a disgrace.

And sometime the club gets it wrong

Remember the sacking of Hafey... I will never forget it when he returned to Collingwood and got a standing ovation while he walked from one side of Vic Park to the other.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:22 am

jack_spain wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

I've said it before, and this time I'll stick by my word. If Mick's contract is renewed and we lose Buckley, I'll walk out the door and not return until Mick and Eddie have both gone.

Bye bye then!! Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!! Very Happy

Yeah, clever! How about coming up with an original metaphor next time. Cliched thinking is no thinking at all.

LOL.... you are a moron that occasionally uses elongated words to try and fool people into thinking you are giving reason to the "points" you claim to be making.
In essence you just keep repeating the same thing over and over again, even infiltrating threads that have nothing to do with the topic you are banging on about, using different language to appear to be bringing something new to the table. And you never back up your tripe with any legitimate arguments, just drivel.

"If I don't get my way, I'm not coming back..........."
Cliched or not??????? Rolling Eyes

You are a c0ck sarker Jacks Pain...... Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:23 am

i thought it was quite funny, even despite the obvious cliché
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:34 am

the ru is on fire wrote:
i thought it was quite funny, even despite the obvious cliché

Yeah, was never an attempt at an intelligent comment...... just a basic -piss off. LOL

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:42 am

To start things off i would need a blood transfusion,i bleed black and white,
Then i would need laser surgery to remove all of my collingwood tattoos,im talking over 20 of them,logos,signatures,numbers the lot.
I would never wlak out on the club,but would seriously consider not getting memberships,Mick is and was a good coach,but the game plan is not working,we need a serious re-vamp,but looking back over the last 10 years,it should have happend,we should have tasted some glory,even if it was silverware.
What pisses me off,is the kids crying when we lose,they will break out of that,but how do you explain this situatuion.
I personally would go with brisbanes approach,try a rookie coach in buckley,and get burns as assistant,2 level headed players,and the players would look up to them as they were just both current captains,they have the stamina to actually get out there and train like they were still playing,not that mick doesnt,but he is getting on in life now and mick is a ggrandfather now,hes ideas a past,we aint picking up much in the ex player department,corrie and l-brown arnt living up to some what expectations,injuries are taking there toll,and the club is in turmoil,is it just me or did they play cox injured,i swear he went off injured against box hill vfl the week before,is it that bad we are playing injured players.
I thought bryan or dawes may have played but didnt,and of course they didnt.

I say give buckley a go,fresh faces,stamina,ideas,and respect.
He is our ex captain,and most players played under him,
Voss has won 5 from 8,not bad for a rookie,although he hasnt had the injuries we have had,but we are a better side than the lions,
i much rather be sitting with 5 wins,than to be sitting here biting nails telling the kids its going to be alright,when deep down its getting scary,last 2 games lowest score under malthouse,and getting smashed by the enemy.

Id rather put $ into a positive development than to be paying for results we can predict before the outcome.

Scary thoughts,tuff decision.
But i love them no matter what,even though on my last post i was negative towards certain players.

DAICOS MAGIC 35
VINTAGE DARREN MILLANE 42
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:47 am

^ That's the spirit Witty. I'd have a drink with you any day mate. Unlike some people on Nick's. Laughing Wink
WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:57 am

jack_spain wrote:
^ That's the spirit Witty. I'd have a drink with you any day mate. Unlike some people on Nick's. Laughing Wink

Coffee,i quit the piss over 1 year ago.

DAICOS MAGIC 35
VINTAGE DARREN MILLANE 42
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: