Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leon Davis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, someone give the man a hug Smile
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:35 pm

frankiboy wrote:
magpie greg wrote:
frankiboy wrote:
Good post Mugwump, on Fraser and Didak I can recall some pretty good finals from both. What irks me is the same people who go on about Fraser's 1st few finals, how it was so long ago that it's no longer relevant yet it's ok to still criticise Leon for his performances in that same period. Consistency umpires, that's all we ask for!

Sure. 2008 and 2009 final series. Recent enough for you?

Not that bad, greg. Averaged 15.4 disposals over 5 finals, his career average is 14.3 btw. Those stats are fairly consistent without any real standout game, that being 20, 17, 15, 12 and 13 disposals for each final. Has struggled to find the goals which is disappointing with a poor return of only 2 from 5 games, not through lack of effort though. Averaged 4.2 tackles in 5 finals, 4, 1, 4, 4 and 8 respectively - Career avg is 2.9. Seems to me he's trying just as hard in the finals, if not harder without much return. I'm tipping most small forwards would find it just as tough. I guess you're only as good as your last game, unfortunately Leon's last 2 were the least productive, but not that far off.

Your spot on Franki, what people want I think is a game from him with his entire highlight reel packed into it. That's all very well I think but the reality is that the close checking play common in finals doesn't give much scope for that. I thought Leon wasn't our worst, he did a lot of team things rather than being individually brilliant. As is often the case, individual brilliance doesnt come through in finals - how many times have we seen that from players in all teams. We think "Player X will do such and such in the game and win it for the team" but it really doesn't happen that much in reality. Just look at Rhiewoldt in the grand final for another example of this. Hmmm I guess Chapman is a counter example this year but thats an exception I guess...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:09 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Chinaman John M wrote:
So how do we get to the finals?

Does AA mean anything to you?

My glass is always half full, I love Collingwood and love what we do and how we do it.
You just whinge and moan about everything we do, sad little tosser

Here's what Mick says about people like you

"We might get some right, we might get some wrong, but everything we do, everything, is based on what is best for the club - not what people tell us we should do".

The ONLY wanker on here is you pal, mr Hiddell mr stone, a sad little optimist on a walking frame at our next flag celebrations, if you had your way. Listen, I love the Pies too, but i want success, not continual failure by a guy who stars in H and A games, but packs his tent in the big ones, and goes AWOL. I do not whinge about everything you do, if you actually bothered to read some of my past posts, i have said we have the best kids in fifty years, its some of our vets that let us down, time and again. Wonder if you bother to reply to anyone else on here who agrees with me., or are you too gutless and just stalk me constantly?? Lets see you reply to someone else who agrees with me. Not likely. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Having problems dealing with a contrary view to your own? Tch tch tch.... Your starting to sound like a cyber-bully...

And you should really consider that Mick quote some more (as should quite a few others here)...so I'm repeating it for your edification...

"We might get some right, we might get some wrong, but everything we do, everything, is based on what is best for the club - not what people tell us we should do"

Cyber bullying and stalking is an exclusive right of Chairman Mao, I mean Chairman John, or is it alec hiddell, or frank stone, aka murray. Everyone knows that. Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:16 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Skids wrote:
Skids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Chinaman John M wrote:
So how do we get to the finals?

Does AA mean anything to you?

My glass is always half full, I love Collingwood and love what we do and how we do it.
You just whinge and moan about everything we do, sad little tosser

Here's what Mick says about people like you

"We might get some right, we might get some wrong, but everything we do, everything, is based on what is best for the club - not what people tell us we should do".

This is an example of meth induced paranoia< i wish you all the best in any atempt at recovery.

The ONLY wanker on here is you pal, mr Hiddell mr stone, a sad little optimist on a walking frame at our next flag celebrations, if you had your way. Listen, I love the Pies too, but i want success, not continual failure by a guy who stars in H and A games, but packs his tent in the big ones, and goes AWOL. I do not whinge about everything you do, if you actually bothered to read some of my past posts, i have said we have the best kids in fifty years, its some of our vets that let us down, time and again. Wonder if you bother to reply to anyone else on here who agrees with me., or are you too gutless and just stalk me constantly?? Lets see you reply to someone else who agrees with me. Not likely. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This is an example of meth induced paranoia< i wish you all the best in any attempt at recovery.

There, that's better.

They are all on it down at the chess club. The shame of our streets! Razz

Razz Leave the chess club outa this please ronnie, some of those innocent intellectual souls actually barrack for the Pies too. Four of em are paid up social club members, and know their oats on the Woods too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:18 pm
Post subject: Re: Leon DavisReply with quote

David wrote:
checkraise wrote:
For those who follow the Magpies and wanted him traded (Leon certainly has trade value), you will say one day...Geez I'm glad we didn't trade him.

Anyone with some perceptive ability should already be saying this. Davis already HAS repaid the faith shown by the club in his earlier years, and I expect he will continue to do so over the remainder of his career.

Find one player on Leons salary who is as good or does as much on the field for his club and I will be surprised. He is not highly paid.

Love him, agree he needs to lift in finals, Cams comments as always are spot on, he is too defensive in finals and also is buggered by the time they come around. Rest him and then let him loose. Also should be spending more time up the ground as repeatedly pointed out.

Problem is coaching more than the player himself.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:05 pm

Magpie Greg, I respect your long Collingwood history - you're virtually the archivist of great Pies games in the late 60s and 70s. But seriously, how can you be so negative about a Collingwood team now that has a record broadly as good as those "glory" days under much more difficult (equalised) circumstances ? I don't get the fact that you obviously love Collingwood, but seem to bag the modern team (which you seem to call BennyHillwood) and its players so often ?
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:06 am

BennyHillWood ... I'd be worried if Benny Hill Didn't Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Benny_Hill_Show.html

benny-hill-local-money.jpg

BennyHillWood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: