Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Aussie home prices world's most-overpriced

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annewilo 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
annewilo wrote:
think positive wrote:
annewilo wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Yes they stand out think positive; I have had a change of owners across the road. They still think they are living in downtown Mumbai. The place was beautiful as are all the houses around it. It’s an eyesore now and I hope it catches fire and burns down as it would be a better sight.

ffs not even worth a reply, over and out.

actually it is worth a reply,

we have one like this across the street! they park a little truck there, there must be a million people living there - i was cleaning windows upstairs a while back, and the council must have been on the warpath - across the street, corner house, 10am out comes the mower, okay, not gunna work, slashes it first with an whipper snipper, then mows it, wow, hes got a little garden under the window, who knew!! (aussie owner, was rented to lovely neat people, now occupied by owner) next door, 10.10am out comes the mower, this ones a rental, they have a little baby so some excuse, wasnt that bad, didnt take long to fix, next door to that, no idea if they own it, these guys came out next, moved the truck up the road, and 10 indians spent literally hours ripping weeds out from where the truck sits on the nature strip,
plus they had to do the front (yard,lawn, god know what to call it) move what quite frankly should not be called a car, theres no way its roadworthy, do under that, then top it all off by piling rubbish out the front!

i gotta tell ya, it shites me to tears!! i wish they would bloody move, in the whole estate, theres nothing like it, even the guy with the plastic trees is neat!! the place we live is is beautiful, cant they see the difference? bloody lazy no good pigs!

how hard is it to mow once a week??

if they want to live in a grotto let em, but dont bring it here!

Racist and threatening. There, you have my reply.

And why doesnt culprit do the neighbourly thing. Invite them over for a bbq. Show them how the whitefellar does it! Offer to mow their lawns until they can afford a lawn mower. Instantly a problem of neighbour complaint becomes the East Burwood chapter of the United Nations.

And I'm sorry. I had my fair share of seeing burning down houses. It's not a nice experience. Nuff said.

No one likes neighbours who are pigs and neighbours who live in a shanty like it was an out-take of Slum Dog Millionaire. But lead by example rather than sit back and pontificate.

i do lead by example, as do most of the stree/area they aint following, cant call me racists,2 out of 3 are aussies in my situation.

you shouldnt have to invite them over and offer to mow their lawn, (culprit probably has enough friends) they should just do it or get a fire danger note from the council, (which i think they all did in my situation!!)

I wasnt calling you a racist. I was referring to the poster who said his neighbours still thought they were in Mumbai and thought it best their house should burn down. I said it wasnt worth a reply and you said it did. So I replied!

So you need to maybe not take this comment so personally as I wasnt referring to you.

I know that alot of people think stuff it jack, I'm ok. But I come from an upbringing of helping those who may need it from time to time. I have had my ups and downs in life and some times the kindness of strangers can be the most empowering medicine!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 pm

[/quote]

I wasnt calling you a racist. I was referring to the poster who said his neighbours still thought they were in Mumbai and thought it best their house should burn down. I said it wasnt worth a reply and you said it did. So I replied!

So you need to maybe not take this comment so personally as I wasnt referring to you.

I know that alot of people think stuff it jack, I'm ok. But I come from an upbringing of helping those who may need it from time to time. I have had my ups and downs in life and some times the kindness of strangers can be the most empowering medicine![/quote]

actually i wasnt taking it personally, i thought i put that wrong, but i didnt want to be taken as 1, sorry, been really crook all week, brain is foggy!!

and your right kindness of strangers is fantastic,

i can see both sides,

i think we all like the idea of intergration, just not in our street!!

i like to help people to help themselves, thus i choose charities that supply goods for farming etc instead of just direct aid, although i must admit, mostly i give to the animals of asia, and the rspca,

i have never thought stuff it im okay, my family came from england when i was 7 with nothing, we always struggled, my hubby and i have worked hard for what we have and i never take anything for granted.

sorry if i offended you in anyway.

ps try ww blackforest bars, they are the best cheat ever!!

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Quote:
So lets look at the facts about whether the title of this thread is accurate. To service a loan of approx $325k you need to repay around the $1900 per month and pay a 30k deposit. Some banks are insisting on 20% deposits. How much are you paying in rent on average if you don't own? Where we live there is hardly a rental under $350 per week. So do the maths as someone else says in here. You can start on the housing market quite nicely in a 2 bedroom unit close to the city or a new house in the outer burbs with a total of $375k.

You are joking, where close to the city can you buy a 2 bed unit for 375k. I live in Newport in a 2 bed unit and it is worth way more than that.

On another note the problem we have at the moment in relation to inner city properties is that council and state government regulation make it hard to develop a site to it max potential. Unfortunately gone are the days of large houses and big back yards.

We need to maximise the properties that can be built on one block, as the infrastructure and public transport are already available. I'm not saying that every property needs to be a unit site, but if half the properties in Melbourne were dual occupancy or greater it would put a lot of properties on the market and a lot less strain on people. We need more medium and high density development in the inner city and surrounding suburbs.

The other problem is that the building game is becoming more and more heavily regulated as each year goes by, and most of the new regs are adding a lot of cost to new builds and even extensions. This year alone in May we are moving to 6 star energy rated homes and also we are getting new regs in regards to accessibility and OH and S.

All these changes add cost over the course of the whole building project, from the design stage to construction. All these factors mixed with what everyone else has already stated are making it hard for the next generation to purchase their own home.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:35 am

schuey07 wrote:
Quote:
So lets look at the facts about whether the title of this thread is accurate. To service a loan of approx $325k you need to repay around the $1900 per month and pay a 30k deposit. Some banks are insisting on 20% deposits. How much are you paying in rent on average if you don't own? Where we live there is hardly a rental under $350 per week. So do the maths as someone else says in here. You can start on the housing market quite nicely in a 2 bedroom unit close to the city or a new house in the outer burbs with a total of $375k.

You are joking, where close to the city can you buy a 2 bed unit for 375k. I live in Newport in a 2 bed unit and it is worth way more than that.

On another note the problem we have at the moment in relation to inner city properties is that council and state government regulation make it hard to develop a site to it max potential. Unfortunately gone are the days of large houses and big back yards.

We need to maximise the properties that can be built on one block, as the infrastructure and public transport are already available. I'm not saying that every property needs to be a unit site, but if half the properties in Melbourne were dual occupancy or greater it would put a lot of properties on the market and a lot less strain on people. We need more medium and high density development in the inner city and surrounding suburbs.

The other problem is that the building game is becoming more and more heavily regulated as each year goes by, and most of the new regs are adding a lot of cost to new builds and even extensions. This year alone in May we are moving to 6 star energy rated homes and also we are getting new regs in regards to accessibility and OH and S.

All these changes add cost over the course of the whole building project, from the design stage to construction. All these factors mixed with what everyone else has already stated are making it hard for the next generation to purchase their own home.

Essendon North, Pascoevale, Reservoir, Greensborough still get smaller places at this entry level. There are pockets and I did say entry level. I know this as fact as we buy them, do them up and sell on. And they are all on train services and, some around 6,7 stops. I call this close to the city. Please also understand, these are todays prices with a contracted market.

Yes extra regs make it hard for a developer and they have to have quals now which take up to 6-12 months to obtain which I think is much better and safer. But for a new build non developer, where you might need to add temp fencing and a few other extras, over the term of the mortgage, its not that great a hike. And the regs now mean people in bush fire prone houses now live in a safer property and I am all for that. Up where we are there are smaller houses being built by builders on spec that are selling for under 400k. And thats 36 klms out of the CBD.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Last edited by annewilo on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 am

annewilo, I have no time for Indians due to my dealings with them over twenty five years. I wouldn't invite them over for a BBQ and you know what they wouldn't invite me over as well. Their lifestyle is different from mine and I can understand. All the houses around them are kept clean and tidy. They can't even put their rubbish bins out and have just left the rubbish pile up under the carport. I got out of the shit pile through hard work, I don't wish to go back there.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:32 am

Culprit wrote:
annewilo, I have no time for Indians due to my dealings with them over twenty five years. I wouldn't invite them over for a BBQ and you know what they wouldn't invite me over as well. Their lifestyle is different from mine and I can understand. All the houses around them are kept clean and tidy. They can't even put their rubbish bins out and have just left the rubbish pile up under the carport. I got out of the shit pile through hard work, I don't wish to go back there.

I am sorry, perhaps my tone was a little too hardline. You are right. You are entitled to your view of the world, as much as I am.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:45 am

No need to apologise, I respect your opinion and those of others and sure we disagree at times. If we agreed on everything we would have nothing to bitch about. lol
annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:35 am

annewilo wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Quote:

Essendon North, Pascoevale, Reservoir, Greensborough still get smaller places at this entry level. There are pockets and I did say entry level. I know this as fact as we buy them, do them up and sell on. And they are all on train services and, some around 6,7 stops. I call this close to the city. Please also understand, these are todays prices with a contracted market.

Yes extra regs make it hard for a developer and they have to have quals now which take up to 6-12 months to obtain which I think is much better and safer. But for a new build non developer, where you might need to add temp fencing and a few other extras, over the term of the mortgage, its not that great a hike. And the regs now mean people in bush fire prone houses now live in a safer property and I am all for that. Up where we are there are smaller houses being built by builders on spec that are selling for under 400k. And thats 36 klms out of the CBD.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Here you go schuey07, saw this one today. This is the type of property I was referring to. It's in a really pretty little street too. I was sent the details this morning and immediately thought of you!

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-vic-moonee+ponds-107261801?rsf=emailalert-propdetails

and another one a little cheaper, on the market for $360k http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-vic-essendon-107262991?rsf=emailalert-propdetails

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:40 am

If anyone is looking for a country retreat, selling this place.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-vic-foster-7314777

No need to worry about neighbours.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:46 am

Culprit wrote:
If anyone is looking for a country retreat, selling this place.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-vic-foster-7314777

No need to worry about neighbours.

lol, it looks lovely and Foster is a top spot.

Someone I know is selling this place at auction tomorrow. They suggest a bargain to be had.

Last edited by annewilo on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 am

Nicks Real Estate. Very Happy

If you like being away from everything Foster is perfect. Not everyone's cup of tea.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:56 am

Culprit wrote:
Nicks Real Estate. Very Happy

If you like being away from everything Foster is perfect. Not everyone's cup of tea.

If this person sells her house as a direct result of seeing this link on Nicks, there will be a donation of $1,000 to Nicks as a result. Otherwise she will be buying something from the Nicks shop!!!!

Mernda is a lovely little area. My "friend" though is moving down the coast, so she needs to sell up this place to help her with the new build.

Last edited by annewilo on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:00 am

I would make sure there was a donation as well.

Going for the sea change? When I retire it will be down the coast.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:03 am

Culprit wrote:
I would make sure there was a donation as well.

Going for the sea change? When I retire it will be down the coast.

Yep for sure. We did the tree change to Kinglake, then came down the mountain, now off to the sea. Cannot wait.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:07 am

That brings back fond memories Anne. I spent my summers on O'Grady's Ridge Rd on my uncle's farm. Very near that property I would guess. It's a million dollar view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: