Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match: Pies v. Roos - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
Tarrant being named forward....
Does this make it more, or less likely that he'll actually play there?

Taz named at HF could be a smoke screen, but I think I'll say more likely.

BUT I would think he'd be more likely be used as a pinch hitter if the game demanded a kick in the guts. Taz was so good down back last weekend.

From that extended interchange it seems the final structure/set-up hasn't really been set in stone at all. And I don't mind that, it means we are not getting one week ahead of ourselves because only a win will do against the roos.

I'd really love to see Keeffee play, I'd fancy him as a smokey for the bright vest. Get that Keeffee chant going if you're lucky enough to get to the game!!! Go Pies.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Where's My Burrito
Where's Mike Burrito
Where's Mike Firrito

in the back pocket of course.

obleex 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Wow, odd to see Taz named up forward. Has been in such good form down back, was hoping he'd stay there (which obviously is still a possibility). Still, got to have faith in Mick and the boys no matter how we line up.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:43 pm

warburton lad wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Changes have been announced.

In: McCarthy, Keefe, Young, Seedsman
Out: Dawes

Strange selection, no Johnson and no MaCaffer, just plain weird.

McCarthy tried and shown nothing special (so why pick him?).

Young and Keefe - yes good news!

Seedsman - will probably be an emergency, but it's a good sign of the future.

Johnson must be finished if they haven't put him back in the side, and maybe, just maybe there's more to the Caff story than injury.

Surely now more than anytime this season we need the experience of BJ and the Caff? Confused

Also, does picking Keefe indicate that Taz might go forward? Or will Leroy play at FF and Keefe back Jolly up in the ruck (that's what I would prefer).

Agree with all that Jack.

Perhaps with Johnno (coming back from hammy) and McCaffer (a long time out) they've chosen to see how they go with a third hit-out in the twos.

Malthouse has indicated that he wants to get some newbies on the park before the end of the year.

Seedsman will be an emergency, but he's not too far away.

Young and Keefe are good choices and I'd love to see Leroy play the 'bash and crash role' at full forward with Keefe and Jolly sharing ruck duties.

McCarthy has been tried before- he might be one of these guys who needs about 40 games to make his mark- one hopes so.

The selections show faith in the young players on the list, whilst putting some older players on notice.

I dont think Johnno is finished- just more is required before he breaks back in.

One more game and he'll be back to shred Carlton with his scything left foot kicks out of half-back!!

Go Pies- smash the Pauperoos...

Yes, interesting selections with the kids. Makes me think that Malthouse and Buckley are working closely together to see what these kids can offer long term as top 4 is almost assured. If Malthouse wasn't staying, he could be selfish enough not to play the kids and bring the more experienced players straight back into the team.

They appear to be determined enough to win Back2Back and just as determined to see the kids play.

Excellent stuff down at Pie land...Go Pies 2011

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:52 pm

obleex wrote:
Wow, odd to see Taz named up forward. Has been in such good form down back, was hoping he'd stay there (which obviously is still a possibility). Still, got to have faith in Mick and the boys no matter how we line up.

Not odd at all.He's been named on the HFF all the year.
prawnstar Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Yarra Falls End wrote:
obleex wrote:

Not odd at all.He's been named on the HFF all the year.

I liked a suggestion from Neil earlier in the week - send Swan to FF and leave the rest as is (Wellingham has shown he can do the job in the middle).

Have Keeffe as a sub for security.

Then next week bring in the 'Caff.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:31 am

mattmc33 wrote:
It will be a massacre. This season there is a much bigger gap between the superpowers (i.e. us and the Cats) and those fighting for top 8 scraps than there has been in a long time. The Hawthorn game showed Collingwood have started to gear up for September, so you know they will take this seriously. The Pies simply have too much size, class, talent, speed and firepower, and will win this in a laugher. The real challenge comes next week.

Maybe so but the real challenge this week is to concentrate on North and leave next week's challenge for next week. Which I reckon is the reason for MM's comment that North will make the eight, implying they cannot be taken lightly. Ti be honest I'd rather win by 20-30 points and easing off this week, and then by 60+ next week. There are few pleasures to compare with giving the MCG a good spring clean and removing all trace of scum.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:43 am

obleex wrote:

Don't want to jinx anything but if Taz plays forward I hope he stays out of Trav's way (you know - plays to the structure and all that stuff) and knows how to work with him, like Dawes does. I'd hate to see Taz and Trav going up in the same pack and one of them be inflicted with some friendly fire. That's for Koshitzke and the 'aints, not our mob.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:22 am

Greening gold wrote:
obleex wrote:

Don't want to jinx anything but if Taz plays forward I hope he stays out of Trav's way (you know - plays to the structure and all that stuff) and knows how to work with him, like Dawes does. I'd hate to see Taz and Trav going up in the same pack and one of them be inflicted with some friendly fire. That's for Koshitzke and the 'aints, not our mob.

Now there's a jolly thought. The 1970 in me says that this is a perfect opportunity for the 'Pies to take out their all-Australian FB and their all-Australian FF in one collision. For the statisticians out there, when was the last time that happened? Confused
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:40 am

Taz named at CHF means nothing MM plays funny buggers with team selection every week. I challenge any poster to find a named side that actually started the game in the positions named Thursday night.
MM has named Ball on the wing heaps of times FF sake.

Johnno still out means bugger all we know what he brings and everyone has been demanding we play some kids. We will win against North so its a good game to blood some kids.

Hm Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:57 am

the weather looks windy and wet, may not suit the big players,
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Final Team:

In: Keeffe

Out: Dawes

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Good to see Keeffe will get his first game. Look forward to seeing him play.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Excellent change.

May as well make some good out of the Dawes injury and IMO bringing in Keeffe is the best way possible.

Glad to see they've given Rounds and Fasolo another game.

Make Sidebottom the sub.

obleex 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Congrats Lachlan! Great to see so many young kids in the side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: