Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bounce Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved some of the responses to the question (after the game on 3AW), "Who would be your second team if you got sick of following the Tigers?"

After a few rang in and named another team, one young woman (was it you, Lisey ?) proudly said, "I'm a Collingwood fan and you don't have a second team if you're a Pies supporter. Everyone in our family is. If not, you're out of the family!"

Lazza from Yarrawonga: "I support 2 teams. Collingwood and anyone who's playing Carlton"

A bloke got on and said he used to be a Pies fan but went over to Brisbane (I think it was) but now wants to be a Pies fan again.

BT: "No! Bugger off. We don't want ya!" Laughing

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Rowdy31 

jack_spain wrote:
Finally, let me save my biggest serve for the maggots (I can say that because we won despite them). You cheating blind scum-loving whistle-blowers. I have never seen such an incredibly biased demonstration of umpiring, especially in the first quarter. Adrian Anderson should look closer to home and investigate umpires and betting! Maggots! Twisted Evil

Completely agree, that has to be the worst umpiring I've seen this year, disgraceful!

Last edited by Rowdy31 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJ23 

Pies4shaw wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Cam wrote:
Win is a win. We actually made Carlscum look better than they are. They are crap. So many pretenders like Murphy and Gibbs.. and would love to know Judd's disposal efficiency because he didn't hit too many targets from where I was sitting.

54% according to the Herald-Sun.

Yeah I read 57%great pick up Cam
his stats are impressive when you talk pos, clearances, cont pos etc however last year again his eff was shite.
Against us with 3 brownlow votes he turned it over from memory 9 times.
He is a champ but id rather have pendles stats . 26d, 13cp,7t, 5clear @ 85% eff. And that was a quiet game for him

Yes - interesting that. The figures have changed since the game ended. Perhaps that has something to do with Juddy having 35 possessions, with 23 contested and 14 uncontested Shocked . Someone at the Herald Sun needs to let their computer have a week off to recover, I think.

yep, he is a champ
dont like him though Wink

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Not from what I saw, just more exaggerating!

Very proud of the team today, thanks Pies Cool

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Holbrook Bloke wrote:
A win is a win, especially against the blues. It was never going to be a blow out, because Carlton hate losing to us. Maxy was very ordinary but he wasn't alone. I thought initially it was nerves but both sides made many basic errors. Their 5 posters was some recompense for several confounding umpiring decisions. Absolutely loved Leon's work and Sidey's goal was a pearler. Pendles was again sublime until the bump from Warnock took him to the rooms; hopefully it's nothing too serious. Now for GC who made Richmond look second rate today.

I thought maxy played well.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:20 pm

Donny wrote:
Loved some of the responses to the question (after the game on 3AW), "Who would be your second team if you got sick of following the Tigers?"

After a few rang in and named another team, one young woman (was it you, Lisey ?) proudly said, "I'm a Collingwood fan and you don't have a second team if you're a Pies supporter. Everyone in our family is. If not, you're out of the family!"

Lazza from Yarrawonga: "I support 2 teams. Collingwood and anyone who's playing Carlton"

A bloke got on and said he used to be a Pies fan but went over to Brisbane (I think it was) but now wants to be a Pies fan again.

BT: "No! Bugger off. We don't want ya!" Laughing

Hey Donny, how funny was the dad who rang and was talking about his son changing teams, and they way he spoke made you think he was a kid under 10 years of age.

BT goes " how old is the young fella?"

Dad goes "25". Panel laugh for at least 30 seconds.

Classic all time radio moment.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Very proud of the team today. It had been the worst 48 hours weve had for a long time. To come out and win against a team in the top four was very pleasing.

Thought our disposal & decision making was terrible at times, but we are so good, we are able to overcome that to win a tough close game.

Thought we should have been much further ahead at quarter time, and after that, we just couldn't shake them off.

We seem to be able to do what is required, when its required, to get the job done.

Johnno went well for his first game back, he's so important to us. Great to have him back.

Keefe struggled at times, but these games we're getting into him are a real bonus. Was wrapped he kicked a goal.

The umpiring in the first half was nothing short of disgraceful,worst I've seen for ages.

Anyway, onto the Suns. Do we rest anyone, of go full tilt?

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Any win over Carlton is great,but gee we made hard work of it.Our goal kicking was atrocious again.I don't think we kicked one set shot goal from more than 30 metres out,did we?It's something we'll have to work on in the run up to the finals.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Cam wrote:
Win is a win. We actually made Carlscum look better than they are. They are crap. So many pretenders like Murphy and Gibbs.. and would love to know Judd's disposal efficiency because he didn't hit too many targets from where I was sitting.

54% according to the Herald-Sun.

Yeah I read 57%great pick up Cam
his stats are impressive when you talk pos, clearances, cont pos etc however last year again his eff was shite.
Against us with 3 brownlow votes he turned it over from memory 9 times.
He is a champ but id rather have pendles stats . 26d, 13cp,7t, 5clear @ 85% eff. And that was a quiet game for him

Yes - interesting that. The figures have changed since the game ended. Perhaps that has something to do with Juddy having 35 possessions, with 23 contested and 14 uncontested :shock: . Someone at the Herald Sun needs to let their computer have a week off to recover, I think.

One of the few games I've seen that Judd was plainly harried, pressured & inefficient. Had a good view from the members 1/2 forward flank.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
We really missed Chris Dawes today

Most definitely. I mentioned it at the ground today that today showed how important he is. Last week I'd almost convinced myself that we'd be right, but against a higher quality opposition, he's crucial.

Wasn't happy with the performance today, but always happy to take the 4 points. We're better than that. We know it, they know it. Time to focus on next week.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Rowdy31 wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Finally, let me save my biggest serve for the maggots (I can say that because we won despite them). You cheating blind scum-loving whistle-blowers. I have never seen such an incredibly biased demonstration of umpiring, especially in the first quarter. Adrian Anderson should look closer to home and investigate umpires and betting! Maggots! Twisted Evil

Completely agree, that has to be the worst umpiring I've seen this year, disgraceful!

The umpires were a bloody disgrace.

What the hell happened with that whole situation involving Krakouer.

Anyway moving on.
Today was one of those days when the team mentally were a bit drained and not switched on from the word to go but to be able to win this match is a fantastic confidence booster and it was against the scum. I thought at QT we should have been 5 goals ahead not 5 pts ahead and I felt always a tad nervous that we were going to be run over but the boys pulled through which was great. I give praise to Dale Thomas who is becoming a champion of the football club and I thought Leon Davis was once again very good and used the ball well most of the time. Cloke was very good I thought and should have kicked 5 or 6 if he kicked straight. Ball was once again another very good player. I thought our defence was not at our best but did enough to suggest that they are still very strong. Tarrant was brilliant in spoiling marks and I thought the influence of Ben Johnson off half-back was great after losing Heater in this position.

Anyway it was a fun day at the MCC today.

P.S. I think I may have seen TomOLeary and Richo1991 today.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:09 pm

We certainly ought to have been much more ahead in the first half but there were some pretty ordinary decisons out there today by our players. I thought at times we were being too cute by half - especially Maxwell & Wellingham.

Rounds while OK is not senior material for the backline IMO.
Krak did some nice things up the ground
Ball was prety good for most of the game as was Leon - I thought he was our best.

As others have said we did make them look better than they are at the same time them hitting the post so many times by them was really lucky for us.

I don't think I've bagged the umps this year (maybe I have) but that first half: the decisions at times were diaboloical against us; Cloke having his arm chopped; and, the almost marks that are usually paid not being paid.

Blair needs to make the most of his opportunities, Cloke & Daisy missing sitters is not good enough at this level.

At the end of the game, given what transpired this week it's a releif & I'm so bloody grateful we beat the price fixing, salary cap cheating scum suckers.

And can I say I love Steele Sidebottom & Leon Davis?!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Worst umpiring I've ever had the misfortune to witness. Judd is a protected species.

we were off our best, Carlton were pumped and having 21 men on the ground helped them stay in it.

I'm pissed off that we didn't belt them like they deserved but I'll take the win. Any win against that pack of bottom feeding effluent is worthy.

I can't believe so many of their supporters believing they were hard done by and happy to get so close. Shocked If we were on the bottom of the ladder and they were on top undefeated I'd still be flithy at losing to them, this mob fancies themselves as a top 4 contender and they make excuses and are satisfied with losing? Shocked

It's official, they suck

Daicosesque 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Cam wrote:

42% by foot..

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Anyway, onto the Suns. Do we rest anyone, of go full tilt?

Do you really have to ask? Laughing

Look, by all means rest a few players with niggles, but let's thump the bastards. After all the free kicks they've been getting from the AFL it's time we gave them a complete reality check.

I want nothing less than a 25 goal win.

P.S. It's a golden opportunity to get Travis Cloke in front in the Coleman medal as well. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: