Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Suns - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOTR 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

With Heath out, we need Johnson. With all these injuries we are no certainties to hold onto top spot.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Joel wrote:
Our skill level and decision making was atrocious, that's what concerned me the most.

Exactly what I was thinking Joel.

Of course we want to peak for the finals, but geez it's embarrassing to put up a performance like that tonight when the Scum annihilate Essendon and have both the goal of the year and mark of the year in the same game. Rolling Eyes

Plus Chris Judd scores another (legitimate) 3 Brownlow votes. God spare us. Twisted Evil

I expect an 80+ poiint win against the Bombers next week.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Relax. Watch the coaches and the players in the rooms after the game. Everyone was happy and relaxed. We played crap in the second half. So what. Johnson did not appear after the game to have a shoulder injury. ABC radio asked for an interview from Benny but were told he was feeling unwell. He seemed to sing the song ok but looked very seedy.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
I didn't see the game but it sounds like it was pretty pedestrian. I love a good smashing too but we just have to trust that the club knows what's going on and they are planning everything to the nth degree.

I am a little concerned about our form as by this time last year we were really putting quality teams to the sword.

Sounds like we did enough just to get the result. Let's hope that come finals we will explode like we did against the Cats in the prelim last year

Last year we needed to, so we could cement a spot and stake our claim as a real challenger to Geelong and St Kilda.

This year is all about timing our run. We didn't absolutely smash the Suns tonight, big deal. We did smash the Kangas just a couple of weeks ago.

We are going beautifully. A couple of injuries but none that are going to hurt us too badly - as long as we don't get too many more, we'll be fine.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:15 pm

I thought BJ was holding his hand, rather than the shoulder. Maybe a hand injury?
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:20 pm

We didn't smash Port around the same time last year. Neither did we smash Adelaide and Hawthorn in our last two matches. No need to be too tough on a team missing Jolly, Wellingham, Toovey, Shaw, Didak, Beams, Dawes and Thomas that has one eye on the finals with only six games to go. We get almost all of those guys back in the next two weeks. We will do what we have to do.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:23 pm

It was thefirs game I have seen live this year, and thought they very sloppya!
tommo 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Take the win for what it is... another win.

Bloody hell...

mattmc33 Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:32 pm

The overreaction on this board is staggering, but I suppose I should be used to it by now.

We won that game exactly as I said we would. Establish a monster lead, put the cue in the rack, avoid injuries wherever possible and just take the easy four points.

There was no purpose to a blowout, none. Sure, I would have liked the skill level to be better, especially in the second half, but that was nothing more than a glorified training run. From some of the comments on here you'd think we just got destroyed by the Crows FFS.

Some people here need to have a Bex and a good lie down. We won that game in a half of football. We are the overwhelming premiership favorites. And when it truly matters, this team will go into all out attack mode and no opposition team will be able to resist.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:33 pm

How did Woody go?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:34 pm

A bit Wooden. But not too bad. Almost like a real boy.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:40 pm

mattmc33 wrote:
The overreaction on this board is staggering, but I suppose I should be used to it by now.

We won that game exactly as I said we would. Establish a monster lead, put the cue in the rack, avoid injuries wherever possible and just take the easy four points.

There was no purpose to a blowout, none. Sure, I would have liked the skill level to be better, especially in the second half, but that was nothing more than a glorified training run. From some of the comments on here you'd think we just got destroyed by the Crows FFS.

Some people here need to have a Bex and a good lie down. We won that game in a half of football. We are the overwhelming premiership favorites. And when it truly matters, this team will go into all out attack mode and no opposition team will be able to resist.

1. Gold Coast try hard. Full of confidence
2. Pies press up high for 40 mins and tackle them to death
3. Pies take over and build winning lead.
4. Pies rest at half time while 4 of our best players watch from home in bed and another 3 from the stats box
5. Pies put cue in rack
6. Pies try to sing song with some enthusiasm (try)
7. Pies go to bed in 5 star hotel
8. Daisy wakes up with huge bruise
9. Pies fly home. Daisy lives with ice machine for two days.

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:45 pm

MOTR wrote:
With Heath out, we need Johnson. With all these injuries we are no certainties to hold onto top spot.

Providing Johnson pulls up okay, and assuming Thomas only has a corky, our injury list isn't really that bad.

Beams and Didak will both resume this week, Dawes is only about 2-3 weeks off and the rest is made up of season ending injuries which you just have to sorta cop on the chin now.
Heafy will be fit as a fiddle come finals, I'll back him and the club in to make sure he retains most of his touch over the period as much.

Obviously not counting the blokes who went out with 'injuries' this week. Tonight virtually acted as a third bye for us to be honest.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Is it possible that we are doing a lot of hard training at present to get us right for finals?

I forget the term the media generally use when clubs go through this but it generally results in a drop off in performance for a few weeks.

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:59 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Is it possible that we are doing a lot of hard training at present to get us right for finals?

I forget the term the media generally use when clubs go through this but it generally results in a drop off in performance for a few weeks.

You are referring to loading, something Geelong are supposedly doing at the moment according to James Kelly.

Maybe, but probably not as I don't think we are big proponents of the theory.
Tonight could simply be attributed to having a bunch of regulars out, some players who are a bit out of touch (or who have been out of the loop for a while, e.g. Macaffer and co) and not wanting to overly exert ourselves in a game we were always destined to win. The game was well and truly stitched up at half time. I don't think you need to look any deeper for an explanation personally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: