Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Here we go again! Another day, another drug story...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Beanie wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:
i reckon most teams do have players who are a drug users. I wonder which club is next . maybe the players who they say aint at the club no more.

But no one at Carlton takes drugs

Well, they tried the performance-enhancing stuff but forgot there has to be a performance to enhance.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Greening gold wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:
i reckon most teams do have players who are a drug users. I wonder which club is next . maybe the players who they say aint at the club no more.

Well, they tried the performance-enhancing stuff but forgot there has to be a performance to enhance.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Gold !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Kristin5 wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/carlton-forward-jarrad-waite-says-blues-are-drug-free/story-e6frf9jf-1226564273161

They might be drug free, but shame they aren't dickhead free!

Whilst I doubt very much that they are drug free, I have no doubt whatsoever that they will never be dickhead free..... Razz Twisted Evil Exclamation

IF the Scum are drug free, then my name is Barnaby Joyce. ! Razz Razz

In Waites time at Carton, two players where sent on their way for drug use around 2004 (can't remember their names, the Ox SEN). Fev ........... 8 admitted to taking them) Robinson looks like he's on some anger pills ........
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:40 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
mitch robinson doesnt look to me to be someone who looks like he is drug free. Maybe waite doesnt know what goes on outside the club.

He doesn't need drugs to be a hyperactive dickhead. Wink

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Lazza wrote:
Kristin5 wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/carlton-forward-jarrad-waite-says-blues-are-drug-free/story-e6frf9jf-1226564273161

They might be drug free, but shame they aren't dickhead free!

Whilst I doubt very much that they are drug free, I have no doubt whatsoever that they will never be dickhead free..... Razz Twisted Evil Exclamation

Ah lovely. Let's just deflect the fact that four of our players have owned up to taking drugs (and Eddie has publicaly admitted it) and we are trying to fob it off as a joke. Rolling Eyes

Now I know why we went backwards in the last two seasons! Evil or Very Mad

Sack the players and start again please.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Brenny wrote:

But as somebody said earlier and as another article says, the more worrying issue is the fact somebody from he AFL medical department has leaked confidential information to Robbo and the Herald-Sun.

Yes I agree Brenny. He should be sacked, just like that AFL indigenous officer clown who broke confidences last year.

The AFL is a disgrace like ALL Australian sports administration bodies. The NRL is hopeless, the A-League struggles, Cricket Australia is an absolute joke. The Australian Olympic Federation is pathetic and so is Tennis Australia. Let's face it, Australian sport is ****ed.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

So is it still 4 Collingwood players or have some already been moved on?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 pm

What's actually bullshit here is that everyone knows AFL players spend the off-season getting wrecked on alcohol (as is their right). Yet, a few take pills or smoke a joint and all of a sudden it's a national emergency.

Has anyone ever wondered if player drug use isn't the real problem here? That perhaps the AFL's desire to police its employees' private lives is neither necessary nor useful?

Last edited by David on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Lets just sit back and see what emerges. Whist I doubt it, it could be as simple as 4 Pies players, motivated by the death of JMac sharing joint. It was noted that it was close to the end of the season.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Anyone here listen to 3AW tonight by any chance?

Bloke next door had it on and I heard I think ot was Healey say 6 or 7 players walked into Pert's office while the drug testers were there or on the way - he knew about it for some time cause it was after the first final but before the second final last year and then his dog started barking so not sure ??

That would explain Pert coming out strong and maybe even the story "leaking"

Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:35 pm

According to Gerard Healy, on 3AW tonight, he'd heard of this incident a while back. He said that when the drug testers arrived at the club 6 or 7 players rolled into Perts office and came clean. That's how they ended up 'self-reporting' to the medical staff.

Interesting story, Healy would have to be fairly confident to lay it out like that.

EDIT: beat me to it!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Whether you like it or not, drugs are going to be existing forever. We can't get rid of them and people will use them, but the way to handle this problem is to educate the players about the dangers and threats that drugs pose to not only their football career, but also their lives. Clubs can only do so much to help players. At the end of the day, players from any club have to take responsibility in what they are doing.

In regards to the four Collingwood players, it doesn't surprise me that we have players allegedly using drugs, but let's not be naive to believe we're the only club with the problem. Every club has this issue, but obviously they're not willing to admit it. What upsets me about the article is the fact that Collingwood has been the main target of this story, despite the only evidence of this taking place is a whistleblower revealing to the Herald Sun what he apparently knows.

Like what others have said, I always suspected that Pert's concerns about drug use amongst players wasn't a broad statement, but it had something to do with us. He may have good intentions about eradicating the problem, but it seem to me that it was an omission that we had players in our organisation involved in this activity.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if this issue blows over in a few weeks when the season finally begins. Frankly, I don't really care what our players get up to in their personal lives. The only thing I care about is that whatever they do off the field doesn't impinge on how they perform for this great club on the field.

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Anyone here listen to 3AW tonight by any chance?

Bloke next door had it on and I heard I think ot was Healey say 6 or 7 players walked into Pert's office while the drug testers were there or on the way - he knew about it for some time cause it was after the first final but before the second final last year and then his dog started barking so not sure ??

That would explain Pert coming out strong and maybe even the story "leaking"

Redlight wrote:
According to Gerard Healy, on 3AW tonight, he'd heard of this incident a while back. He said that when the drug testers arrived at the club 6 or 7 players rolled into Perts office and came clean. That's how they ended up 'self-reporting' to the medical staff.

Interesting story, Healy would have to be fairly confident to lay it out like that.

EDIT: beat me to it!

The 28 November 2012 Sports Today podcast is where Caroline Wilson and Gerard Healy first mention "that they believe that there is a drug culture at Collingwood"

25 min 35 sec into this podcast their discussion starts

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/281112_SportsToday.mp3

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm

David wrote:
What's actually bullshit here is that everyone knows AFL players spend the off-season getting wrecked on alcohol (as is their right). Yet, a few take pills or smoke a joint and all of a sudden it's a national emergency.

Has anyone ever wondered if player drug use isn't the real problem here? That perhaps the AFL's desire to police its employees' private lives is neither necessary nor useful?

Lol.... Ahhhh David....

Might want to spend a few nights partying with a few AFL boys.... Its a bit more than a drink and a joint...

Plenty of powder flying around in the cubicles.

But its not a problem... The problem is the AFL being accross it all and ruining their private lives.... Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Shae has his say, after being involved in sport on 3 continents.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/former-collingwood-rookie-shae-mcnamara-says-drug-use-rife-in-professional-sports/story-e6frf9jf-1226563733829

I'm betting he didn't know the story on Collingwood was about to come out and responded to direct, leading questions, but reasonable answer anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: