Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpies Nest Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
Poor Harry IF what he's saying is true.

But none of that excuses his woeful behaviour towards those who care about him.

Excuses, maybe not. Explains, most definitely. As a sufferer of chronic depression I can certainly attest to the fact that it can make you behave in ways that are totally contrary to your core character. And the incidence of lashing out at the people who care for you the most is extremely common. Why? Because deep down beneath the blackness that envelops you, you know they are the ones who will help you and they are the ones who will forgive you.

The trouble with modern social media is that it allows people (including the media) access to express themselves immediately without thinking it through or knowing all the facts first (note the is not I repeat NOT directed at you Beast, just a general comment about the tone of many posts on this issue over the last few days).

When I was at my worst, I wish I had the loving arms of a football club and it's resources to support me. I may not have ended up in hell as I did.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Magpies Nest wrote:
Beast wrote:
Poor Harry IF what he's saying is true.

But none of that excuses his woeful behaviour towards those who care about him.

Excuses, maybe not. Explains, most definitely. As a sufferer of chronic depression I can certainly attest to the fact that it can make you behave in ways that are totally contrary to your core character. And the incidence of lashing out at the people who care for you the most is extremely common. Why? Because deep down beneath the blackness that envelops you, you know they are the ones who will help you and they are the ones who will forgive you.

The trouble with modern social media is that it allows people (including the media) access to express themselves immediately without thinking it through or knowing all the facts first (note the is not I repeat NOT directed at you Beast, just a general comment about the tone of many posts on this issue over the last few days).

When I was at my worst, I wish I had the loving arms of a football club and it's resources to support me. I may not have ended up in hell as I did.

Mate I feel for people with issues (myself included) but they cant hide behind them and use them as an excuse for their outbursts.
And keep in mind, Harry didn't go on a break due to his issues, he left because he lost his cool and snapped at people that love him while resorting to physical violence if what I'm hearing is correct.

Bucks has said it best, paraphrasing: Harry isn't the only one with issues at the club and we support all of them as long as they adhere to team philosophies.

You don't even need to read between the lines to see whatBucks is trying to say. And don't even start me on sheer idiocy of Harry divulging his issues to the public and than asking the public to leave those issues alone.......
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:40 pm

^ and you call yourself a Collingwood supporter. What a disgrace.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Beast wrote:
And don't even start me on sheer idiocy of Harry divulging his issues to the public and than asking the public to leave those issues alone.......

What a stupid bloody comment. Harry responded to an issue already in the public media about himself, told the truth under extremely difficult circumstances and you call HIM an idiot??

Dear me the sheer audacity of some posters never ceases to amaze me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Oops. Too much data.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Now is the time to demonstrate our club's philosophy of 'Side By Side'. Harry needs to be supported and he needs to know that the whole Collingwood army is behind him. Be strong Harry. We love you mate.
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Good on you Harry, for having the guts to open up. And to put the media in their place, telling them to speculate on important things, not a spat with the coach.

All the best, you're a great person, may you overcome those demons.

Media Just Loves to Get Stuck into Collingwood and They will do anything to make it happen

Don't give me that shite, crying poor about the big bad media!
Typical, predicatble response from someone without a clue.

Its nice to hear from Harry as to where he is at, and I like everyone hope he can get some form of closure or the help and assistance he needs and will seek. Its a terrible thing for anyone to go through I imagine, even more so with the spotlight and public attention that an individual like Harry recieves.

But don't turn this around and blame the media, or suggest its just a vendetta against Collingwood. narrow minded and way off the mark.

In fact. Wanna know where most of the BS, childish, completely groundless and pathetic rumours come from..you know the ones that often end up in the papers, on radio or social media??

It's from you guys. The football loving and watching public. From the man in the street who'd like to think he knows what goes on behind closed doors at a footy club, but in all honesty has zero idea.

Or even just from those lowlife scum who just wanna see the world burn, so will make up any story they can to create hysteria and generate infighting and accusations.

Incidently, this is not pointed at all of us, as I'd like to believe the majority of fans/members and supporters have the clubs, players and overall games best interests at heart most of the time!

And before anyone asks, yes, I am involved in the media. But yes, I am a Collingwood person through and through, and commend Bucks and the footy club for their handling of the issue. Its some of our supporters, and AFL fans in general, that should hang their heads in shame in cases like this.

And you know who you are too.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Tannin wrote:

you might not agree with his sentiments but what does supporting collingwood have to do with this?

Carro 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Side by Side with Harry, but he knows he has made a blue.

He cannot call others out for things that come out of their mouth, when he himself has said some of the most heinous at club functions.

I hope he gets through what he is dealing with, as Bucks said he isn't the only one in life with issues, and he had a go at guys like Bucks and Butters who love and look after him, and all the guys welfare.

Best thing he can do is force his way back in the side and contribute, good luck H
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Tannin wrote:

Yes am a Collingwood supporter and thats why I am on the side of the Club in this issue.

But I don't expect your tiny brain to understand that.

Lazza wrote:
Beast wrote:
And don't even start me on sheer idiocy of Harry divulging his issues to the public and than asking the public to leave those issues alone.......

What a stupid bloody comment. Harry responded to an issue already in the public media about himself, told the truth under extremely difficult circumstances and you call HIM an idiot??

Dear me the sheer audacity of some posters never ceases to amaze me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The issue that was out in public already was Harry disgracing himself and attacking the people that care for him.

There was absolutely no need for Harry to make it bigger than it is, unless of course he simply wanted to garner publics support and make it all about himself as usual.

Even Bucks was flabbergasted Harry divulged his issues to the public.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Bloody hell, disgracing himself and attacking the people that care about him? You have NO IDEA what was said inside the four walls of the club, so get off your damn high horse and give it a break.

Buck's flabbergasted? Show me where he was flabbergasted that Harry decided to speak about his demons? How is that disgracing himself? Part of the healing process is discussing your issues in an attempt to work through them, and after all the incorrect crap reported by the media, Harry obviously felt it necessary/helpful to himself to discuss them.

The only person here disgracing himself is you, with your sheer lack of empathy, and your willingness to make up facts and ignore what's in front of you.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:26 pm

King Malta wrote:
Beast wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Yes am a Collingwood supporter and thats why I am on the side of the Club in this issue.

Lazza wrote:
Beast wrote:

The issue that was out in public already was Harry disgracing himself and attacking the people that care for him.

There was absolutely no need for Harry to make it bigger than it is, unless of course he simply wanted to garner publics support and make it all about himself as usual.

Bloody hell, disgracing himself and attacking the people that care about him? You have NO IDEA what was said inside the four walls of the club, so get off your damn high horse and give it a break.

Buck's flabbergasted? Show me where he was flabbergasted that Harry decided to speak about his demons? How is that disgracing himself? Part of the healing process is discussing your issues in an attempt to work through them, and after all the incorrect crap reported by the media, Harry obviously felt it necessary/helpful to himself to discuss them.

The only person here disgracing himself is you, with your sheer lack of empathy, and your willingness to make up facts and ignore what's in front of you.

I actually knew what happened behind the 4 walls right from the start and have already expressed empathy for Harry's issues.

And I feel sorry for you too if you believe Harry divulged his issues to the public to help him work through them.

And the media was 100% spot on the issue and hasn't reported a thing wrong.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Beast wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Beast wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Lazza wrote:
Beast wrote:

I actually knew what happened behind the 4 walls right from the start and have already expressed empathy for Harry's issues.

And I feel sorry for you too if you believe Harry divulged his issues to the public to help him work through them.

Oh do you now? Forgive me for not believing that. I also don't see much empathy in your posts for Harry.

Once again, how do you know that? There you go, assuming your opinion as fact. Do you know for sure that Harry didn't divulge this to the media to help himself work through it? I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to Harry O'Brien himself. Feel sorry for me if you want, but you know no more about the situation than I do.

Oh really? Like reporting that Harry had walked out on the club? Yeh, they were spot on.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 pm

King Malta wrote:
Beast wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Beast wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Lazza wrote:
Beast wrote:

Oh do you now? Forgive me for not believing that. I also don't see much empathy in your posts for Harry.

Once again, how do you know that? There you go, assuming your opinion as fact. Do you know for sure that Harry didn't divulge this to the media to help himself work through it? I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to Harry O'Brien himself. Feel sorry for me if you want, but you know no more about the situation than I do.

Oh really? Like reporting that Harry had walked out on the club? Yeh, they were spot on.

How do i know Harry didn't divulge his issues to all ans sundry to help him work through them?

I have a brain and am not a gullible plebeian vermin that pollute this planet with their presence.

There was only one reason behind Harry's revelations (assuming they aren't lies), to make people feel sorry for him and excuse his appalling outburst.

And Harry did walk out on the club and then made ultimatums to Bucks, I'll repeat, try as you might to belittle the media but they didn't get a thing wrong in this instance.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 pm

TK wrote:
Depression is not something that is just brought on, it is a gradual suppression of feeling and yes it can be the smallest thing that tips the scales. Depression is fought in silence for many days, months and years. It has a stigma that is embarrassing to the sufferer - What is wrong with me? I must be mentally ill! If I ignore it, it may just go away!

It doesn't just go away and each depressive episode gets longer and more intense. It is the feeling of helplessness that compounds the lonely silent battle. The feeling that life will better for those around me - without me.

I feel for the man, many battles are conducted in the quiet little house down the street, Harry has a very public situation that makes it very volatile. He needs medical help and this will not be gone in weeks or so like a hamstring.

Again good luck my friend, We at Collingwood are by your side to walk with you, in front of you to lead you and behind you to pick you up when you fall.

Very true. I have known a few people with struggles with depression and anxiety.

I myself had an anxiety attack only a few months ago. I had been bottling things up for months, I had a really bad day and that triggered it, I just lost my sh*t and became a crying mess.

It can happen to anyone and it doesn't reflect on that person's character or mental toughness.

Side by side Harry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: