Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Thomas, recruit Martin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:11 am
Post subject: Re: Trade Thomas, Recruit MartinReply with quote

E wrote:
Animal wrote:
I just heard on Footy Classified that Carlton are prepared to offer Daisy 600+k a year. I say we let him go and offer Daisy's wage to Dustin Martin.

Thoughts??

i hate these threads. Players must think we are all jokers! No wonder some of them make decisions for themselves without emotion. We are all a joke to be starting threads like this when the guy has busted his arse for the past 16 weeks to try to get up for the finals and has just had a devastating reoccurrance of his injury.

I would hate to go to war with you muppets!

Well said

As long as his demands are reasonable, Daisy belongs with us. He could easily have sat it out and waited for it to heal. He must be hurting big time now.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 am

E wrote:
Animal wrote:
I just heard on Footy Classified that Carlton are prepared to offer Daisy 600+k a year. I say we let him go and offer Daisy's wage to Dustin Martin.

Thoughts??

i hate these threads. Players must think we are all jokers! No wonder some of them make decisions for themselves without emotion. We are all a joke to be starting threads like this when the guy has busted his arse for the past 16 weeks to try to get up for the finals and has just had a devastating reoccurrance of his injury.

You are spot on here E on both counts.

The ones on here with the self righteous opinions and judgemental condemnation are the one who contribute the least, demand that others step up and support them and in case of war would be the conscientious objectors or would be hiding in their bedrooms.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupied wrote:
mackasmatt wrote:
Not important to the team any more. Important from a marketing perspective, but I think Fasolo is keen to take over "thommo's team".

Are you high? We are a significantly better side with a fit Daisy in the lineup.

Faz is a kid with potential.

Daisy is a proven match winner, but you have to now be concerned about his ankle. He is now a risky proposition and I hope we don't overpay to keep him. I'd offer no more than a 2 year deal. Any more than that would be crazy.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Tannin wrote:
Keep Daisy. Nothing else to say. The man isn't a gun, he's an effing intercontinental ballistic missile.

+100000000000!

How bloody short your memories are! In his last game he was BOG by a country mile! He is an 8-9kpy player if ever there was one! He is hard, fast, consistent, incredibly skilled, kicks goals, can play forward back or mid, and is one of the most popular guys at Westpac! At his best hes the equal of Swan Pendles and Beamer, and is also, like them, a big game player! I was going to have another flutter on us for the flag if he got thru the AFL game and looked like playing finals. But without him we aren't a real big hope. Our best is still the best there is, and we are good enough, but we still don't have the consistency to put 4 great games together, Hawthorn showed us that. And the reason is our kids. They are going to be incredible, but they just aren't experienced enough to do it for four hard games. Daisy might just have made the difference, it would give us the ability to move guys like Kennedy, Sincs, Ox, and Dwyer in and out as form and circumstances required. The question is when will we produce the bad game!? Qualifier? or the Granny? My guess is Prelim, but of course it depends who we get. If it was Essendon, Sydney, Geelong, we might make the big one! Just as likely though is getting Port in the first and kicking ourselves out of it!

Please stay Daisy, Martin has skill and speed, but is inconsistent and fairly predictable. If he's worth 600 then Daisy is worth a Mil!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:48 pm

We need all our experienced guys, they are a TEAM! Our onfield leaders (as opposed to the leadership group) are easily the best there is, but they havent all played in the same game ONCE this year!
When we have Swanny, Pendles, Beamer, Daisy, Steelo, Bally, Harry, Maxy, Fas, Clokey, Reid, Brown, Heater, Blair and Tooves in the same team we are absolutely unbeatable, a side in which our kids would thrive, and have to work like trojans to get into! When did it last happen? 2011 sometime? The 2011 Magpies are the best I ever saw, not the best Magpies, the best team! And I've been watching since the late 60's! Off the top of my head maybe two of the above haven't missed weeks on end with injury in the last 2 seasons. Right now were only missing 3, the best we've done in years. The ONLY difference between us and hawthorn is injuries. That is IT! If we had Tooves (to cover Reid's move forward), and Daisy, we'd be the best side in it and I'd bet the farm on us to win the flag.

There's FAR more to a player than his stats can tell you. Daisy is not only among the games elite, he is an integral part of our TEAM! Dustin Martin doesnt know where to go if Swan gets the ball outside 50! He doesnt know how Pendles thinks or what Bally will do in a pack! He also doesnt know our kids, how to encourage them, how to help them onfield and off. What are these things worth do you think?? Nothing!?

Grow a brain you lot! The difference between Martin and Daisy is incalculable! Mark this, with Daisy back in '14 (and a better run with injuries) we will be premiers, with Martin we WONT!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Animal 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 pm

What if Daisy will never ever be the same and may be lucky to ever get back on e field? This is information I am hearing.
Well the one I always think of is the Port Adelaide final in 2002. It was just one of the most disciplined team performances that I have ever witnessed - be it in football or any other team sport - NB
35forever 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Why? When do 25 year olds become cripples because of an ankle injury!? If there was more of the season left he'd be back. Hundreds of guys have returned from worse, ask Caff, Beamer, Bally, and hundreds of others. Its not like he's 30!
He will play again and be a gun. I just pray its for us!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
E wrote:
Animal wrote:

Thoughts??

You are spot on here E on both counts.

The ones on here with the self righteous opinions and judgemental condemnation are the one who contribute the least, demand that others step up and support them and in case of war would be the conscientious objectors or would be hiding in their bedrooms.

Member, for the record, is that a self righteous & judgemental opinion? Wink

I say make love not war although the local cafe has t shirts saying make felafel not war. Shocked Wink

Back to Daisy, people forget how good he is when fit. He's a game breaker.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 pm

I'm sure everyone would be happy to keep him. It's Daisy who seems reluctant to sign a contract with us.

As long as that's the case any talk of trades or chasing other players is fair game IMO

35forever 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Might be fair game, but the bottom line is that we'll match whatever another team offers, lets just hope they don't!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Might be fair game, but the bottom line is that we'll match whatever another team offers, lets just hope they don't!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:18 pm

mackasmatt wrote:
Not important to the team any more. Important from a marketing perspective, but I think Fasolo is keen to take over "thommo's team".

Pig's arse! Fasolo loves the camera no doubt, but he's no Dale Thomas. When Faz dominates a final series and earns the respect of the footy world, you may have a point.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:04 am

Martin has re-signed with Richmond now anyway. Not that it matters, we were never going to want to swap the class of Daisy for a mere good quality second-rater like Martin.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:35 am

E wrote:
Animal wrote:

Thoughts??

I agree, if Daisy was in top form everyone would be calling him an ass if he left, but because he's been injured (injured whilst trying to do us proud) it's ok.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:39 am

Animal wrote:
What if Daisy will never ever be the same and may be lucky to ever get back on e field? This is information I am hearing.

Then he would be worth very little at the trade table. I really can't see the point of putting him up for trade, to be honest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: