Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It’s black and white: Daisy’s no Blue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because 35forever's interpretation of how things occurred is different to the orthodox view here (which I should point out is also mostly total fantasy, if not much more so) doesn't mean he has "mental issues" or deserves any of the other insults being thrown his way. He's a passionate Collingwood supporter who isn't happy about how a former favourite son was (in his view) treated. I don't think there's anything crazy about that.

You know it's not actually mandatory to behave like jilted exes whenever a player leaves for another club. I mean, you can if you like, but I'm glad at least a few on here have taken the high road. Some of us even still like Daisy a bit. Crazy, isn't it?

Last edited by David on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:28 pm

LMFAO.....35forever. ......... It was supposed to be funny right?

P.S David.....yawwwwn.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm

David

Taking the high road to allow him to look down on everyone else.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:48 pm

I still wish Dale well, but no success at Carlton. In my opinion, Dale didn't want to be at Collingwood...........or wasn't happy with Nathan coaching, full stop. So be it. See you later.

As for Dale and his form at Carlton, I'm gonna cut him some slack. He had bugger all preseason, and to match it at the elite level, you need some serious fitness base. Let's see how he's going about half way through the year. Could he reach his best again? Yes. Will he? Who knows. Will the ankles hold up? Who knows.

Was Dale the right pick for Carlton at this stage? NO way. The Blues are crying out for a big key forward, and/or a key defender. Not a good way to stitch up 650K for 4 years.

But, you never know, Dale may set the world on fire later this year and beyond. Another thing that goes against Dale, he just doesn't have the team around him like he had at Collingwood........

GO THE PIES!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:55 pm

35forever wrote:
Daisy Thomas did NOT leave, he was pushed, it's a fu^%$#g FACT, if you don't know it by now, you're an idiot!

THAT’S RIGHT, HE WAS PUSHED!!!!!!!

This David, is why most posters consider 35forever to be a lunatic. If he is of the opinion Daisy was pushed out, fine. But to aggressively push that opinion as fact is simply ridiculous.

Does he have a contact in the club? Is he friends with Dale? Nope.

Yeah some on here behave like jilted ex's about Daisy, but 35forever behaves like the abused wife that refuses to acknowledge the treatment she receives and will defend her lover to the end, despite being punched in the face and spat on.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 pm

There are only 2 types of ex players; those who left because they wanted to or those who left because the club wanted them to.
Thomas is one of those. I'm not even sure which box he fits into.
Either way, I am more concerned with players like Freeman, Scharenburg, Langdon etc. than any ex player.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Any more crazy than those who are certain he left purely for money, or as a sook over a disagreement with Bucks? It's all guesswork.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:10 pm

For all those that thing Daisy left for the money, like me. He could become a Carton great that won his only premiership at Collingwood! Now wouldn't that be a stat!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:19 pm

35forever wrote:
Those fools who still think he walked for money, either educate yourself or shut the $#@ up. Then watch his next first half.

This story is a media creation, completely & utterly, this moron produced clever quotes (he can use the internet!!!) but none from Carlton. Blues fans aren't bitching, why would they?! They have way bigger problems than having grabbed a gun from their worst enemy!

Yep because if the real reason he was pushed came out lots of kids and their parents would be asking for their Club 13 money back!

The AFL Media do well in hiding this kind of stuff, not that there's anything wrong with that of course.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Any more crazy than those who are certain he left purely for money, or as a sook over a disagreement with Bucks? It's all guesswork.

I would say it was a combination of him wanting to have MM as his coach again and the pies realising they could snag a talented young kid as a long term prospect if he left, whilst freeing up cap space to retain stars that aren't perpetually injured.

Whilst there is no indication the pies pushed him out the door (I believe they made him a fair offer based on what they believed was his market value), there was no way they were going to pay the stupid amounts of cash the scum threw at him.

You're right that it's all guesswork, but I doubt that any of the more extreme views are accurate. The only thing that we truly know is that Dale has no class given the comments he made on radio and the little jibes he has made since.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Stupied wrote:
35forever wrote:
Daisy Thomas did NOT leave, he was pushed, it's a fu^%$#g FACT, if you don't know it by now, you're an idiot!

THAT’S RIGHT, HE WAS PUSHED!!!!!!!

This David, is why most posters consider 35forever to be a lunatic. If he is of the opinion Daisy was pushed out, fine. But to aggressively push that opinion as fact is simply ridiculous.

Does he have a contact in the club? Is he friends with Dale? Nope.

Yeah some on here behave like jilted ex's about Daisy, but 35forever behaves like the abused wife that refuses to acknowledge the treatment she receives and will defend her lover to the end, despite being punched in the face and spat on.

Now, that is FACT. He has finally fallen over the edge into the great abyss. The rubber room is ready & waiting.

The moment MM signed with the Scum, Traitor Thomas was always going to end up there.

It wouldn't surprise me if his ankle was OK last year. He was gone in spirit the moment MM left.

Good riddance I say. Thanks for your part in 2010, but now your just another Scum player, and that's how you'll be remembered.

As as for 35 Forever, the men in the long white coats will arrive shortly.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Stupied wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

I would say it was a combination of him wanting to have MM as his coach again and the pies realising they could snag a talented young kid as a long term prospect if he left, whilst freeing up cap space to retain stars that aren't perpetually injured.

Whilst there is no indication the pies pushed him out the door (I believe they made him a fair offer based on what they believed was his market value), there was no way they were going to pay the stupid amounts of cash the scum threw at him.

You're right that it's all guesswork, but I doubt that any of the more extreme views are accurate. The only thing that we truly know is that Dale has no class given the comments he made on radio and the little jibes he has made since.

My view is that there was a bit of a push on both sides, but that it's impossible to say from where the main drive came. Thomas may have been less than happy after struggling with injury for two seasons and disillusioned with the way Shaw seemed to be pushed out of the club. Then there's possibly the pull of playing under Malthouse again. Difficult to say which of these played most prominently or if they did at all.

The club seemed to be concerned about Daisy's injury so didn't go too hard in trying to sign him. Putting a performance based offer in front of any player will have them at least considering their future. It doesn't show much confidence. And we know Buckley was strongly pushing a cultural change agenda. Finally, with the ridiculous compensation for FA, the club knew they'd be doubly compensated for Thomas, with a decent draft pick and extra cap space.

So with all of that stuff floating around, and a bunch of other crap we could toss in, I don't see how anyone could say with confidence whether it was more the club or more Daisy who wanted the departure initially, and following that which particular factors weighed most heavily. We simply don't know.

I'd also argue the lack of class. Some of the comments I've not heard myself, but the one's I have just seem to be Daisy's usual mischief making, nothing serious in them.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Quote:
I'd also argue the lack of class. Some of the comments I've not heard myself, but the one's I have just seem to be Daisy's usual mischief making, nothing serious in them.

Nah mate, the the comments about pulling number 13 jumpers out of the bin, egg on people faces etc...
You don't give kids hope like that and then break their hearts unless you're a massive dick.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:40 pm

^^That's the one I haven't heard. Doesn't sound good, but even then there are possible justifications, we've just never heard the other side of the story. I'd not be hanging someone for one comment.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:46 pm

I don't think we'll ever truly know the reasons for Dale Thomas leaving Collingwood and what happened behind close doors at Collingwood until later in the future after Dale retires most likely.

What we do know is that Dale left to join Carlton at $700,000 a year which was seen as substantially more money than what he was worth from Collingwood's perspective. I think the club did the right thing to not match Carlton's offer. Carlton clearly paid more than they should have for him and this just represents the disastrous recruiting they've displayed in the past few years, but I'm not one to complain though. At the end of the day, we have two talented youngsters in Matthew Scharenberg and Nathan Freeman Smile

Dale also had injuries in the past two seasons, which were both under Nathan Buckley coincidentally and it was said by doctors that he still had persistent ankle problems and it was hard to determine whether he'll fully recover or not from these injuries. Whether they were telling the truth is up for debate but I'm inclined to think that he wasn't recovering properly from his ankle injuries considering he got injured within 5-10 minutes of his return game in the VFL and he's struggling to kick 50m with the ball at Carlton.

We also have to factor in Mick Malthouse as well which is clearly well-known that Mick and Dale had a close player-coach relationship with each other when they were both at Collingwood. It wouldn't surprise me that along with the big money offer he received from Carlton, Mick Malthouse coaching the clubl was another reason in deciding to leave the club and join Carlton.

What Dale did in my eyes was unforgivable considering Collingwood and Carlton are arch-rivals and you wish as a supporter that our hate for Carlton also resonates to the players as well to a certain extent. Dale's efforts in 2010 and 2011 shouldn't be forgotten and he played some excellent football in that time so that shouldn't be discounted and I always enjoyed watching him develop as a youngster between 2006 to 2009 but it's such a shame that his move to Carlton will 'taint' his career from a Collingwood perspective now.

I don't hate Dale but his decision to move to Carlton was unforgivable and I find it difficult to ever really welcome him back to the club despite what he did in 2010. As time goes on after he finishes football maybe things will settle down but right now I hope he fails dismally at Carlton along with Mick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18   

Jump to: