Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
If they do get over us, they're right back into finals contention. So yeah, we do kinda need to win this one.
'

Not reading too much into it, both doggies and eagles had key players out, and it was at the Etihad shithole. You don't build a future on old hacks like waite and Warnock, direct opposite to us, and they were their standouts weren't they ? They are so far removed from us in both talent and future prospects, its beyond belief. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
DT56 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Greening gold wrote:
Gee, if I were the Eagles I'd be lodging a protest about the umpiring - the inconsistency is beyond disgraceful. Bring back the Giesch!

Ditto.

Bad umpiring and luck got Carlton home with a doubt

Unfortunately we'll get the same biased umpiring next week
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:47 pm

If Yarran doesn't play they're about 4 goals worse off.

Is a score of -2 goals even possible?

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
If they do get over us, they're right back into finals contention. So yeah, we do kinda need to win this one.
'

Not reading too much into it, both doggies and eagles had key players out, and it was at the Etihad shithole. You don't build a future on old hacks like waite and Warnock, direct opposite to us, and they were their standouts weren't they ? They are so far removed from us in both talent and future prospects, its beyond belief. Exclamation

Exactly.

Their last two efforts at the G were being annihilated by Essendope & humiliated by Melbourne . Shocked

We will pump them.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE must bury the putrid Scum, the old man, and dollar daisy, bury them deep, then dig the pricks up and bury them again. Then piss on their grave, good and proper !

And i take it this dubious ceremony will be held at midnight 02/05/14, at Carlton General Cemetary? Good. Free parking. How much are tickets? Razz

In other news from tonight's shitfest against the Weasels:

INJURIES
Carlton: Andrew Carrazzo (back spasm) replaced in the selected side by Dylan Buckley, Chris Yarran (hamstring)

Dyso
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:07 pm

DT56 wrote:
Greening gold wrote:
Gee, if I were the Eagles I'd be lodging a protest about the umpiring - the inconsistency is beyond disgraceful. Bring back the Giesch!

Ditto.

There were two frees against NicNat during the last qtr, those free kicks were more mysterious than UFO's!! That last qtr of umpiring was the perfect example of not doing your job correctly, cheating, and destroying the game. The umps changed that whole game. Wrong decisions at the wrong time, I've seen it way too often in the AFL.

Someone needs to cop a fine for this rot to stop. Quite possibly the worst officiated round of football ever. Even the commentators on the radio were saying "that was a bad call ump", "that should have been a free kick", "nothing in that, that's play on", and that's all games so far this round.

I just don't get why they change from week-to-week. I wish I had the luxury to stuff up my job every week, change the way I go about my job, and still get paid without consequence!!!

AFL, so much money, and no idea!!!! Evil or Very Mad
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
'

Exactly.

Their last two efforts at the G were being annihilated by Essendope & humiliated by Melbourne . Shocked

We will pump them.

They purposely handicapped themselves against Melbourne as a "line in the sand" though. So far, that appears to have worked, and they are playing better footy since.

This is certainly a game we should win. I just don't think it's a walk in the park. Not too many games against Carlton are, even in recent times. I'm almost certain they'll play their best game of the year next week, and that's what we should be expecting. Maybe that means we win by 30 rather than 130, but we should be ready for a contest regardless.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:21 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
If Yarran doesn't play they're about 4 goals worse off.

Is a score of -2 goals even possible?

Come on, Yarran's a spud.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Maybe not 4 goals but I thought it was a good number to go with my lame attempt at humour Embarassed

But he's hardly a spud. Very dangerous with his run and carry and I've seen him set up a lot of goal scoring opportunities in a few games this year.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Maybe not 4 goals but I thought it was a good number to go with my lame attempt at humour Embarassed

But he's hardly a spud. Very dangerous with his run and carry and I've seen him set up a lot of goal scoring opportunities in a few games this year.

Looks very dangerous...as long as there's nobody anywhere near him and a wide open target in front of him.

Seriously, he sucks and the only reason he's even on their list is because some idiot a few years ago thought he was worth a first round pick and can't understand the concept of "sunk costs".

I should probably shut up because the way these things go he'll probably have the game of his incredibly mediocre career this week.

I'm not impressed by Carlton's win. 21 scoring shots to 29 indicates that WC, a team who can't play in Melbourne, dominated them and totally let them off the hook with poor conversion.

Watching the last two minutes, it's amazing how a tight game turns so many players into headless chooks. Daisy was the only player who kept his composure and actually made a smart decision with the ball in that time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:

Looks very dangerous...as long as there's nobody anywhere near him and a wide open target in front of him.

Seriously, he sucks and the only reason he's even on their list is because some idiot a few years ago thought he was worth a first round pick and can't understand the concept of "sunk costs".

I should probably shut up because the way these things go he'll probably have the game of his incredibly mediocre career this week.

I'm not impressed by Carlton's win. 21 scoring shots to 29 indicates that WC, a team who can't play in Melbourne, dominated them and totally let them off the hook with poor conversion.

Watching the last two minutes, it's amazing how a tight game turns so many players into headless chooks. Daisy was the only player who kept his composure and actually made a smart decision with the ball in that time.

Well you could almost say that about any player, couldn't you? I don't think we're going to agree on Yarran but I agree on your summation of tonight's game. Mind you, I thought Yarran injuring himself helped the Eagles' cause earlier on and they they obviously felt the need to curtail his influence by trying to drag him back, deeper in defence.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Didaksgoal wrote:
DT56 wrote:
Greening gold wrote:

Ditto.

There were two frees against NicNat during the last qtr, those free kicks were more mysterious than UFO's!! That last qtr of umpiring was the perfect example of not doing your job correctly, cheating, and destroying the game. The umps changed that whole game. Wrong decisions at the wrong time, I've seen it way too often in the AFL.

Someone needs to cop a fine for this rot to stop. Quite possibly the worst officiated round of football ever. Even the commentators on the radio were saying "that was a bad call ump", "that should have been a free kick", "nothing in that, that's play on", and that's all games so far this round.

I just don't get why they change from week-to-week. I wish I had the luxury to stuff up my job every week, change the way I go about my job, and still get paid without consequence!!!

AFL, so much money, and no idea!!!! Evil or Very Mad
\

The umps are terrible, just terrible, they gave the scum that win, its just sooooo wrong, and it happens now more than ever. As I said on the Bucks 10 K umpire thread, someone must make a stand, bugger the fine, I reckon most Pies fans would put in twenty bucks towards any fine, not that the club needs the money. I have a nasty feeling we could cop mongrel razor ray next week, and he will give the scum the earth. If we cop another bad run of decisions, yet again, its time to take a stand, even assuming we do win fairly easy, of which I think we will. Idea Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:08 am

Early indications of what the changes may look like in my opinion.

In: Dwyer, Martin (if he's promoted to the senior list)
Out: Fasolo, Young

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:06 am

The scum are full of front runners so we can't give em a sniff.

They'll lift make no mistake about it.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:43 am

Jezza wrote:
Early indications of what the changes may look like in my opinion.

In: Dwyer, Martin (if he's promoted to the senior list)
Out: Fasolo, Young

clarke to replace fasolo. young to play. if he doesn't get up then dwyer to come in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20   

Jump to: