Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies beat Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:43 pm

mattys123 wrote:
I just love beating Carlton, was awesome watching half their fans go home at three quarter time lol.

Fun times.

So they ended up missing the only part of the game they might have enjoyed? Even better. Flogs.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Horatio Fin wrote:
maybe the intense pressure we've been applying takes it's toll and we fade late in games? maybe we know this and we're all about throw it all at them early and get the game won? i dunno i don't watch too many games other than collingwood. just throwing it out there.

No doubt it's a part of it. When you work that hard for 3 quarters and the game is over, it's mentally as well as physically difficult to continue. Doubly so for younger players.

As long as we're winning it's not really a concern. Let's see how we run out games against the better teams.

The thing is, we haven't run out of tickets in the games where we've needed them.

We finished all over Sydney and, to a lesser extent, Essendon. We didn't lose to Geelong because they ran over us, but because they were just a little bit better early.

It's only been in games where it's been all over that we've slowed down in the last, so I think it's more putting the cue in the rack than a physical / game plan thing.

That's my point. It's hard to sustain that level of intensity once the game is over, especially for younger players. I don't think we intentionally put the queue in the rack. Bucks certainly didn't look happy during the last. If the game's tight you can't drop off or the game's over, so you're forced to keep putting in. If we're playing out the tight ones and only dropping off when we've got the game in our keeping, there's not much to be concerned about.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Fri May 02, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:45 pm

MagpieBat wrote:

Laughing

THIS!

Everyone has already said it. Disappointed with the last quarter, should have won by more but I'll take it.

As a matter of interest we had 8 players under 24 years old out there tonight and 8 players with less than 25 games experience. The filth had 5 and 6. The future it bright peoples... very very very bright!

Go Pies.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Well, the last quarter was obviously a bit disappointing. Especially the loss of a decent percentage boost.

But other than that, it was pretty awesome. We really should have kicked 10 goals in the third quarter, such was our dominance.

Langdon is an absolute gun!! He wont be making way for anyone anytime soon. And Elliott is really taking his game to the next level.

Grundy & Witts continue to improve as a combination. Will be interesting to see what happens when Reid is back.

Overall, a fantastic performance, considering we didntn really get much out of Steele, White and Swanny was nowhere near as good as he was on ANZAC Day.

As for the Scum, they are a complete rabble, on and off the field. Their fans, and I suspect everyone at the club, now know that Thomas is GORN, and the Old Goat is wel & truly past it.

5.2 at the bye. I'll take that.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 pm

Well I suppose this win makes up for when they beat us for our 100th in 1992.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:58 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Taylor Adams wil be fine, I hope - but he was disapponting today. We need to give him time and let him get the measure of the game.

Agree that he was disappointing. And has still not shown he can play anywhere other than as an extractor. Thomas was only ok himself so hasn't gone a long way ahead of him, but Adams will have to do much more than he has so far to earn a spot in our best 25.

I thought Adams was pretty good. Bucks said after the game he was pleased that Adams was able to play as a defender - a role he's probably never played before.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:58 pm

If what the boys did in the first 3 qtrs is the future of this club, I am pretty bloody excited.

Yes the last quarter really crapped me off but we have to make allowances for the kids and for anzac day hangover.

Overall pretty happy.

And Daisy Laughing

And below average crowd. We sat on Level 4 Olympic Stand for the first time in a decade. They are not my people up there. It was a 'concert' crowd!
Back to level 1 ponny for me Very Happy

Last edited by MattyD on Sat May 03, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:07 am

An_Inkling:
[quote]That's my point. It's hard to sustain that level of intensity once the game is over, especially for younger players. I don't think we intentionally put the queue in the rack. Bucks certainly didn't look happy during the last. If the game's tight you can't drop off or the game's over, so you're forced to keep putting in. If we're playing out the tight ones and only dropping off when we've got the game in our keeping, there's not much to be concerned about.

I agree mostly with this. But not 100%. Where do you draw the line? If you are 6 goals up at 3/4 time, do you excuse a relaxation in intensity? Or what about if you are 4 goals and 3 point up? etc
If you can maintain intensity when the game is tight, then you have to develop a mindset where you can also maintain it if the game is not apparently tight.
But this is part of our learning curve
Go pies!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:09 am

It is a problem. Just not much of one. I'm sure Bucks will be letting the players know that he expects better.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:18 am

Postives:

- Grundy and Witts Dominating in the Ruck

- Langdon kicking ass

- Young Backline Holding up for 3 QTRS

- Showing the Scum they are Hacks

- Daisy playing a Good Game for Collingwood Wink

Negatives:

- Goal Kicking still a Worry

- Last Qtr Lack of Pressure

- Adams field Kicking

- Daisy being a Weak Prick and King Hitting Ball

- White had a Shocker

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 am

Can we please get umpire #24 to officiate our games more often?

So THAT'S what it's like to get impartial umpiring? Ah ha.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:22 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Can we please get umpire #24 to officiate our games more often?

So THAT'S what it's like to get impartial umpiring? Ah ha.

Scum got plenty of help from them in the 2nd Half

Black & White Blood 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:29 am

Forget the "FADE OUT", there was no fade out, we just backed off on an insipid football team, "NO injuries required". We are a team that is building and building as the weeks go by. We have loads of young talent that needs to be managed. Do what is required to win. Boy, can Bucks coach and Hines pick talent. We are entering an exciting phase in Collingwood's footballing history. We are a side that can give the ultimate prize a shake this year. More importantly, we have the list, the talent and in the near future the experience to be a force. Finally, I have to concede I no longer understand the rules of our game. Decisions, at times, to both sides were baffling, what was misses, more so
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:39 am

Defender wrote:
What a surprise!! Another lame 5 goal win when a 20 goal massacre was on the cards.

And yes I'm happy, but, what is it with this group racking the cue all the time?

I've read through your responses and the only one worth quoting was my own.

is going on? This isn't a one off, 8 goals we gave up in the last and this shit has been going on since Bucks took over, we have the killer instinct of a poodle.

If we can't be crucifying the old merkin and his flower boy who can we bothered with?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: