Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trial by Media! - Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jg22 wrote:
So let's see if I've got Mark Robinson's take on football from the past 24 hours: Essendon have been crucified and it's time for people to start feeling sorry for them, Adam Goodes will get off because he was simply going for the ball and Nathan Buckley set that renowned hit man Steele Sidebottom out on the ground to take out that renowned tagger Maverick Weller in the first minute.

Perfectly rational... hic!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:55 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Negligent, high impact, has a reasonable record I think - two weeks with a plea.

This.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:42 pm

At least it wasn't 100 meters behind the play.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:10 pm

prawnstar wrote:
He should get two weeks after all the discounts - anything more and we are entitled to moan.

Nor really considering he'll be given either 2 or 3 weeks after a guilty plea depending on grading.
While not a malicious act Weller couldn't play out the game and tribunal usually takes a dim view of this. Missing 3 weeks for that might be a bit on a harsh side but certainly not out of the question.

On another note, I know it would be detrimental to the side but I kind of wish we played tougher opponents in the next fortnight so Sidebottom's critics would see what impact his absence would have, especially in the first halves of games when our bigger names usually just going.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Reckless, high, high, 3 weeks down to 2 assuming they go striking instead of rough conduct as it was just a strike in the end otherwise add another week

Could almost get intentional it was that stupid, but never seem to see intentional
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:00 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
FK me, I couldn't believe what I heard on SEN with stinky, Drunk Robbo!! Accusing Buckley of sending out a hit man ( in this case Sidey ) to take out Pendles tagged?

Think Collingwood should seek legal advice on this one !

The man of the people?

Robbo is a piece of shit.

Much like those two old blokes on the Muppets I watch AFL 360 every night to get annoyed by what this pig ignorant idiot has to say. I doubt I've ever seen a more sanctimonious, hypocritical, biased and transparent media "performer" ever.

Seriously his stance on the Essendon saga basically contradicts itself in the course of one of his long winded, largely mispronounced monologues. How he expects anyone to feel sorry for that club or Tania friggin Hird is laughable in light of the conduct and slack governance of that Saint Jimmy presided over.

So now Buckley has sent the thuggish Steele Sidebottom to do a Mark Yeate's according to Robbo ? How dumb is this bloke? It was a collision that was poorly executed but the ball was obviously in play and I'd hardly think we'd send someone like Steele to belt a tagger against fukking St Kilda. Pendles has copped tags since day dot almost and by and large has pantsed them.

Fancy replacing Mike Sheahan with someone like Robbo. No wonder the Sun made a massive play for Caro if a buffoon like Mark Robinson is the best they have on their books.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Sidey, three weeks min, mostly trial by media.

Goodes- get off, because, well, he is adam goodes, and its indigenous round for chrissakes. and he talked to tony abbott at half time tonight, what else need I say. ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:16 pm

I thought Sidey self-identified as a member of the Wurundjeri people? At least until the MRP finishes deliberations on Monday?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:17 pm
Post subject: Re: Trial by Media! - SidebottomReply with quote

E wrote:
Have you ever, EVER seen a network run a poll to ask viewers how many weeks a player will get during the same game that he gets reported. This is just outrageous!

Is this the Collingwood conspiracy?

Yep - I remember CH7 done it before.

But he is Guilty and will get 2-3 weeks

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:17 pm
Post subject: Re: Trial by Media! - SidebottomReply with quote

E wrote:
Have you ever, EVER seen a network run a poll to ask viewers how many weeks a player will get during the same game that he gets reported. This is just outrageous!

Is this the Collingwood conspiracy?

Yep - I remember CH7 done it before.

But he is Guilty and will get 2-3 weeks

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:18 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Goodes- get off, because, well, he is adam goodes, and its indigenous round for chrissakes. and he talked to tony abbott at half time tonight, what else need I say. ??

The AFL has form on this. Did you know that no woman has ever been suspended by the MRP following Women's Round?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

No. If Goodes gets off it will be because he legitimately jumped for the ball and then tucked his arm in to brace for contact. Add to that, the player he hit played out the game. It's possible he'll get a reprimand, but he's not likely to get much more.

I feel Sidey was doing similar, but he completely misjudged it and was not all that close to the ball. Weller was concussed and subbed out of the game.

See, no need for racist conspiracy theories to separate the two incidents.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:43 pm

I don't think it is necessary to refer to PNC's post in that way. I understood him to be making a different point, namely that it would be politically unpalatable for the AFL to suspend AG this week. That's almost certainly correct.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 pm

I wish people wouldn't judge the incident by what happened to the player afterwards. It's backwards.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:09 am

Clearly Weller launched himself at sidebottoms elbow, and yet he doesn't get reported?

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: